Good piano albums?

satch919

Reaction score
I like some classical stuff but more specifically, the piano. I kinda like the darker pieces, not the up-beat stuff. I guess the closest thing that I can think of is Moonlight Sonata.

Any recommendations?

I don't follow piano at all, but I recently found this album on my computer called "Mario Fantasy" by the blindfolded pianist and it's a ton of songs from the mario games done on the piano. It's not what you're loking for, but still pretty cool :D

I've heard what you're talking about and while it's pretty nifty, it's not what I'm looking for.

If you like the dark stuff for piano:

(performers are just recommendations, really you could get any recordings of these, imo these are the best)

Rachmaninoff - 24 preludes, performed by Boris Berezovsky.
Liszt - 12 Transcendental etudes, performed by Boris Berezovsky.
Liszt - Hungarian Rhapsodies, performed by Arcadi Volodos.
Beethoven - Appasionata Sonata, performed by Richard Goode.
Chopin - 24 Etudes, performed by Andrei Gavrilov.

PM me for info on where to get these.

Also get David Helfgots albums they're all good. And if you can find Griegs 3rd piano concerto in A minor thats really something.

the_wolf27 said:
Also get David Helfgots albums they're all good. And if you can find Griegs 3rd piano concerto in A minor thats really something.

NO
NO
NO
NOMNONON
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
ANYTHING BUT ****ING HELFGOTT< EXCELLENT MOVIE< SHITSHITYSHITSHITTTYYYYYYYYY PIANIST

Shitty pianist. I think somebody is a tad jealous. I think your upset that he can play better retarded than you ever could being normal. Sorry buddy, but thats sad.

Ooooh personal attack, you sure furthered your argument there. In addition, helfgott doesnt suffer from retardation, you biggot.

He's a shitty pianist, worst than me. His recordings are appalling. Don't beleive me? Beleive them:

"without phrasing, form, harmonic understanding, differentiation of style and often basic accuracy; worst of all, it was without emotional content." -Boston Globe

"The sad factis that David Helfgott should not have been in Symphony Hall last night, and neither should the rest of us." -Richard Dyer , music critic

"scarcely more than a pathetic sideshow attraction, put on display by his promoters and his wife for the delight of the undiscerning, if adoring, audiences who found SHINE so moving," - TIME Magazine

"With the musical reputation of David Helfgott now in tatters, the question persists how an incompetent, mentally disordered pianist has found himself touring to sold-out halls, promoted in the expensive souvenir program as “one of the world’s leading pianists.” Why don’t his champions snap out of the delusion that his recitals are supreme musical events? Is it despite or because of the most scathing reviews dumped on any pianist in recent memory that Helfgott continues to get rapturous, standing ovations? " - Denis Dutton music critic

"Helfgott ... has not won his celebrity through performances, but his performances through celebrity." -Douglas McLennan

Name any song and I will provide you with a recording 100x superior (if you want I will upload Zimerman's mind-blowing performance of Grieg Concerto)

EDIT: I just now compared his Rachmaninov 2nd sonata's to Hamelin's. SHAMEFUL.

And you can do better? Of course hes ****ing retarded you idiot. He isn't normal thats for sure. I'm not saying hes the best piano player but for his condition i'd say he's ausome. Ooooo quoting music critics. Don't you know that critics are only paid to give their own opinion. So unless your a concert pianist I say shut the f*uck up, get off your horse and respect those deserving to be respected.

Back