Good Question - Ask Gabe - help - VB - HL2

PoiSoNSpiDeR

Reaction score
sorry about the wack ass title.

is it possible for someone to buy vampire bloodlines and use their slightly upgraded engine to make half life2 mods.

can somebody ask gabe or eric johnson this gabe does not respond to me for some reason

um

frankly... i doubt it. unless you had access to the code in VB, or if they made that portion available, or told you how to do it.

Originally posted by PoiSoNSpiDeR
gabe does not respond to me for some reason

hmm. you'd think he'd have time... meh, try mass emailing him thousands of times. that should get his attention.

:|

You scared me lol. I thought you were going to ask if you could mod Half-Life 2 in Visual Basic! ROFL

hmm. you'd think he'd have time... meh, try mass emailing him thousands of times. that should get his attention.

O yea that'll work or wait it could get u blocked from his email.

Originally posted by Adam
You scared me lol. I thought you were going to ask if you could mod Half-Life 2 in Visual Basic! ROFL

I was thinking the same thing! :LOL:

Originally posted by PoiSoNSpiDeR
is it possible for someone to buy vampire bloodlines and use their slightly upgraded engine to make half life2 mods.
Dunno why you'd want to - all the screenshots I've seen of the new Vampire game don't look all that great compared to HL2 but maybe I just saw really old screenshots...
I agree with crummy though - I doubt it'd work.

VB uses the same engine, it's not a mod.

That's about as likely as using the GTA3 engine to make Tony Hawks mods (they both use the same engine- Renderware)

you guys are missing the point like I asked earlier will we be able to make upgrades similar to those made in VB in our mods for hl2

If you have the best game in the global, why on earth you need to mod it with VBloodline shity engin. :flame:

heh dude vb uses the same technology as half-life 2

.......they just made some tweaks to make things look better for night time lighting and particle effects......

VBloodline = source. Only used for their ends fool. Read up before u post. And hl2 wont be the best forever. Thats why they are releaseing graphics updates on steam.

So my answer is i guess you could m8.

gorgon, your posts are starting to get to me.

precisely cept I corrected him first BUHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA :cheese:

yeah but there funny mostly so its all good refering the gorgon's posts

it would probably take alot of work to make modifications with that big of enhancements to source..... maybe even doing things valve wouldent like such as altering the very heart and sole of there technology.... eh well what im trying to say is would you need more then just an sdk and med. programming knowledge to do somethin this jurastic

Back