Gordons HL2 Model

McFace

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but I'll give my opinion on it. We've seen Alyx's in-game model, Gman's in-game model etc. But we haven't seen what gordon looks like (You'd only see it in a DM game).

Now the box-art we've seen looks almost identicle to their in-game models (Showing that it isn't a pumped up higher-poly computer generation compared to in-game). So I think the Gordon box is the Gordon model that you'd see in game.

Click Here For My References

Now this is assuming that their is an HL2DM or some sort of mode of play that requires you to view Gordon Freeman. If not, then it is probably just a computer generated piece of art just for the box.

Just my thoughts on the subject....

Agree with cylyk, it's hand-drawn. You don't need evidence, just eyes.

I think in a couple of the ingame movies for HL2 there is a mirror or like something that reflects his image.. maybe I'm wrong I dunno

i came here expecting someone having hacked the .mdl of gordon into CS:S or the stolen build... glad it isn't, damn hacking nazis! :)

meh.. alyx makes me sad. she looks too much like my ex. carepolice ?

McFace said:
Damn your 2 worded replys to hell!

Has that been officially confirmed?

lol that is funny

-merc

There is no gordon model in the leak. Make of that what you will.

Mr-Fusion said:

BUT when you play the leak with more than one person there's a gordon shaped model with grey textures that represents the other players.. I couldn't find the actual model in the folders though.

soccerdude21490 said:
I think in a couple of the ingame movies for HL2 there is a mirror or like something that reflects his image.. maybe I'm wrong I dunno

Your wrong, sorry.

What with all the talk about there not being a hl2 deathmatch we might not get to see Gordon whatsoever this time around ;(

If he aint needed then they don't have to make him....

well considering the leak even supports more than one player joining the game I would say it's safe to assume there's going to be HLDM

soccerdude21490 said:

Gordon doesnt reflecked in mirrors. valve comfirmed that.

Gordon Is A Dog! I Swear He Is :eek:.
gorodon never speak gordon never do anyhting :\
Maybe he's a vampire -_- i dunno... he's wierd :X.

I'm expecting a blonde or bald guy with contacts and really big ears.

er nm. Someone who looks like gordan.

cylyk said:
well considering the leak even supports more than one player joining the game I would say it's safe to assume there's going to be HLDM

I wouldn't expect to see HLDM cause it was in a leaked build, just cause it was in there then doen't mean it still is. I can only hope I guess.

maybe the planet xan had something to do with gordan not having a reflection
Eli Vance (character) says that he hasnt changed a bit so he obviosly got some sort of alien stuff woven into his body, maybe making him reflectless and ageless

Raziel-Jcd said:
Gordon doesnt reflecked in mirrors. valve comfirmed that.

Really?
Do you have a link to support that by chance?
This seems odd to me.. what if Gordy came in contact with a reflective surface.. even if were just a puddle.

Valve said they wouldn't let you see yourself as they've done studies and they say it makes the player feel less "immersed" in the game, looking in a reflection and seing someone else who you are not would make you feel like your not "in" the game. Valve have the big bucks to do these studies so I'm not going to question it.

Mr-Fusion said:
That the leak was an unfinished build?

The pictures of Alyx, the G-Man and Gordon on those boxes appear to be photoshopped/enhanced screenshots of their in-game models.

Why do I think this? The latest issue of PC PowerPlay (Yes, that's right, the one which has the now-withdrawn announcement that they'd have a review of HL2 on Sept 22) has a page-sized picture of Alyx in it, identical to the one on the box. If you look closely at it, you can actually see several aliased polygon edges, and what appears to be a lot of fine airbrushing.

mrlangenakker said:
maybe the planet xan had something to do with gordan not having a reflection
Eli Vance (character) says that he hasnt changed a bit so he obviosly got some sort of alien stuff woven into his body, maybe making him reflectless and ageless

... or he's just been in cryostasis or something similar for the last ten years.

Maybe Gordon's a vampire which is why he has no reflection :hmph:
Who gives a sh*t?

Threads like this - ones that start off with the tiniest most inane of gripes/questions - always seem to degenerate into flame-wars, threads full of wild, improbable and silly presumptions, theories, explanations and, oh who knows what else! In short, it hi-jacks itself and implodes in a hail of confusion, fire and boredom.
Madness, utter madness.

Through my elite 1337-ness, I bring you the first glimpse of Half Life 2's model for Gordon:

hl2gordon.jpg

Nah, not really. Just the Half Life 1 era Gordon with a much higher polycount, bump mapping, and specularity. Actually, it's probably not TOO far wrong, if the texture was updated.

Brian Damage said:
Why do I think this? The latest issue of PC PowerPlay (Yes, that's right, the one which has the now-withdrawn announcement that they'd have a review of HL2 on Sept 22) has a page-sized picture of Alyx in it, identical to the one on the box. If you look closely at it, you can actually see several aliased polygon edges, and what appears to be a lot of fine airbrushing.

can you take a good photo of this? I think everyone would like to see it :)

I dunno if that's allowed. Would it count as a scan of magazine material?

well the model that represents gordon if u build any maps looks like this. Its an exact representation of u in game height*width etc. closest ull get to a gordon model atm.

Attachments

• gordon.jpg
    gordon.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 332
ukfluke said:
well the model that represents gordon if u build any maps looks like this. Its an exact representation of u in game height*width etc. closest ull get to a gordon model atm.

That floor texture looks very familiar......it's from the VST map in the CS:S beta

:O

(edit, wrong smiley)

i dunno i didnt make the picture. This was done long before the cs:s beta tho.

dkelly said:
Really?
Do you have a link to support that by chance?
This seems odd to me.. what if Gordy came in contact with a reflective surface.. even if were just a puddle.

It's true, you never get to see Gordon ingame. Whether it be in a puddle or a lake or whatever. I read it somewhere, I don't remember where, and I don't feel like digging it up.

I'm sure they'll have the standard deathmatch and a gordon model. there hasn't been a shooter like HL made without deathmatch. well except RTCW having only a team based mp.

They need one anyway for reflections.

I hope they at least have a Gordon model loaded in the game (so when you go into third person you actually see Gordon, not...nothingness or a black character)

Back