Gordon's relationships

Varsity

Reaction score
Something just struck me: if it's true that Gordon has been held in stasis (as opposed to a coma where he would age), he could very well be the same true age as Mossman (the white-sweatered one in the E32K4 vids), but the same age mentally as Alyx, as he's had a few good years of body shut-down. Perhaps there will be something going on about who he should go with: the person who is really his age, or the person who he thinks is his age?

Hope that made sense. ;)

Er..what do you think? If you'd been in stasis for 80 years in you were 20, your body might have been in existence for 100 years, but that doesn't mean you're gonna be romantically interested in centarians does it? Your mental age won't have changed, and why on earth would you be interested in someone who feels and behaves like someone much older than you? Just because they were born at a similar time? No.

Not saying that's what will happen, but it is a possibility that the ages will meet up, more or less.

I wonder if we'll get to see Gordon. We never saw him in HL1 did we? Most games nowadays have mirrors in and we can see the character we are playing, so i'm expectin to see Gordon. I hope to see Gordon.

It has been talked about in threads before and also valve told us that the answer will be no

Apparently Gordon is an invisible dog or something!!!11

I think Gordon gets around, he doesn't need stinkin' relationships, what with all that "Hold me Gordie" and "let's talk about our feelings". Let me tell you that HEV suit is a chick magnet.

I have no idea what I'm talkin' about.:)

Varsity said:
Something just struck me: if it's true that Gordon has been held in stasis (as opposed to a coma where he would age), he could very well be the same true age as Mossman (the white-sweatered one in the E32K4 vids), but the same age mentally as Alyx, as he's had a few good years of body shut-down. Perhaps there will be something going on about who he should go with: the person who is really his age, or the person who he thinks is his age?

Hope that made sense. ;)

Well, Mossman would be his age neither physically nor mentally, in that case. I think he was physically older at the time of the Black Mesa disaster than Alyx is at the time of HL2, though...

Besides in the E3 2004 vid Eli says to Gordon "DAAAAAAAAMN! You aint changed an bit since I last saw ya dog!"

And isn't that how stasis is meant to work anyways? Frozen in time....

When in stasis, an entity becomes a non-event mass with a quantum probability of zero.

Ah, how I love Red Dwarf...

Although it can be ("Cryogenic Stasis"), "stasis" doesn't have to be. The term stasis is often used in the context of stopping time's flow for a particular object.

In its most basic form, it refers to an entity being unchanging.

Back