Got 8 Grand to blow?

Javert

Tank
Reaction score
The Beastie

Check this baby out! I'm in love...
Edit: Aah! Sgt. Igneri beat me to it. It's still a beauty nontheless.

Omfg !! That monitor setup so owns!!!!! Anyone know what company makes that?

In a few years a puter like that (well, maybe except the monitor and that PuRAM thingo harddisk) will be outdated and will need to be replaced. Not worth $US8000

Woggy, while your somewhat right, most of it probably wont me outdated, like the cooling system, the screen and the case, and thats probably atleast half of the cost.

Anyways, that page is a apple.com ripoff :|

lol you found that off the ***** forums, cuase some dude posted it and said the exact same thing about 8 grand to blow

Yes, Sgt. Igneri beat me to it, but I didn't see it cause of his vague title "Supercomputer" and a rather unrefined search.
But no, I got it from another forum (NS mod).
So this is for those who missed it and those who'd like to slobber over the keyboard all over again.
And if anyone would like to purchase the gargantuan monitor for me, I'll gladly pm you my mailing address. ; )

lol, 16gb Ram, 2 terabyte hdd and that grand canyon display thing ooooooooooooooooooooo :bounce: :cheers: :cheese:

doubt it would run doom 3 or HL2 very well though

up to 74 additional 32-bit or 64-bit PCI slots!

OMG! 74 PCI SLOTS! OMG!

;( I wish I have 8 Grand ;(

8 grand is alot of money. Why dont you people spend your money on more lasting things like some charity or a gaint octopus or something

Actually, I use my rig for "United Devices", which finds cures for cancer by doing computations while the computer's idle.

Grid.org

I might post an off-topic thread to see if HL2.net would like to make a team out of it. I know the DoD forum has and it's a very worthy cause.

Omg...I've probably seen that link and computer for the 100th time already...Unless you live in a mansion and are very rich, I don't think you should even bother looking at it...

Originally posted by bmb

OMG! 74 PCI SLOTS! OMG!

;( I wish I have 8 Grand ;(

What the hell is it's power supply, 5000 watts? All the juice needed to power those PCI cards..

Gah, it's 550 watts. Dont get your hopes up,then. I'm surprized it could even run all that hardware with that. Let alone 74 more PCI cards.

Originally posted by Tyrion
What the hell is it's power supply, 5000 watts? All the juice needed to power those PCI cards..

Gah, it's 550 watts. Dont get your hopes up,then. I'm surprized it could even run all that hardware with that. Let alone 74 more PCI cards.

they probly have there own pwer supplys :/

Originally posted by Javert
Actually, I use my rig for "United Devices", which finds cures for cancer by doing computations while the computer's idle.

Grid.org

I might post an off-topic thread to see if HL2.net would like to make a team out of it. I know the DoD forum has and it's a very worthy cause.

Count me in

That PuRam technology "hard drive" is how large from the factory?

ROFLOL its a fake
Oh yeah, 74 PCI slots would be so useful :dozey: *cough* *cough*

Back