Got a new car!

Deadline

Tank
Reaction score
Yeah.. I broke down and bought a new car a couple nights ago. Though I have not gotten any pictures of myself with it.

I purchased a used 05' Hyundai Tiburon for around $15k. Only had 15k miles on it and its carfax history turned out ok. Anyhow, paying $300 a month with the extended warrany (which I was told by everyone I know that I will never use, but its nice because I can take it back to where I bought it when I want to trade the car in and get it transfered or get 80% that i payed for it back if I dont use it.)

Anyhow, on to the pictures i stole from some guys site.... not my car, but does look exactly like it... though I want his Liscense plate.

tib.jpg

tib3.jpg

tib2.jpg

Nice.
Why don't you get out a camera and take some pictures of your own car? Then we can track down where you live. D:

Your car is actually the grey one right? :p

Nice catch there. We got a good deal reacently, a brand new VW Golf GTI for $42k aussie dollars (or something around there, it is my dads car so yeah) But I mean, for 205kw the fuel effeciancy of the thing is insane! :LOL:

Thats really nice, good purchase. I've always wanted one of those :p

Getting my first car in under a month. Won't be quite as nice as this one though. :x

Still, I am insanely jealous.

Actually my first car was a Maroon 94' Plymouth Acclaim... lol... and the reason for no pictures is because my digital camera is teh broke.

Getting my first car in under a month. Won't be quite as nice as this one though. :x

Still, I am insanely jealous.

Dont worry, only reason I can afford it is because my parents co-signed, wich brought the monthly payments down about 50-60 bucks. Still have to get insurance for this, which will be a bitch, (still on my parents insurance).

And the 40h/w, $15/hr does also allow me the benifit of driving this car also =)

I love those cars. It's the car I'd get if I couldn't have an RX-7. I love the way they look..pretty.

But they are way less than 15k around here \=

I love those cars. It's the car I'd get if I couldn't have an RX-7. I love the way they look..pretty.

But they are way less than 15k around here \=

well for the mileage, its Kelly Blue Book value, so im happy. Dont think you can get a 15k mile '05 for much less unless something is very wrong with it.

well for the mileage, its Kelly Blue Book value, so im happy. Dont think you can get a 15k mile '05 for much less unless something is very wrong with it.

Hmm, these cars don't have 15k on the meter near at all, and they are around 11k. Is your's fully loaded? Or maybe it's the difference in where we live?

i liked the Hyundai Tiburon alot. i use it in Need for Speed Underground 2 and it performs well. u should modify your car, add a body kit or smth so that it will look nice.

i liked the Hyundai Tiburon alot. i use it in Need for Speed Underground 2 and it performs well. u should modify your car, add a body kit or smth so that it will look nice.

Personally, I think body kits are rubbish. The car looks beautiful the way it is. Adding body kits and wings and stuff to it, lets just rice it and put a penut can on the tail pipe....

I think teh car is PERFECT the way it is....granted, it may perfrom "good" in a video game, that's completely far from the truth. Hell, IN NFS MW the RX-7 3rd Gen out performed every car stock. I fail to see ANY turbo powered 13-B motor outrun a Lambo Gallardo... \=

Basically, basing a car off of a video game is silly. Until you sit in it and driving it, you still have no expereince. I guess I get a little too bothered when people say stuff like that. "I shot a rail gun in a video game, it wasn't that hard to handle, I could do it in real life!"

I never ever liked body kits. Even on cars when they look clean, I still don't care for them. Not only are they something else to go wrong, but they also 99.99% of the time do nothing but hurt performance.

I never ever liked body kits. Even on cars when they look clean, I still don't care for them. Not only are they something else to go wrong, but they also 99.99% of the time do nothing but hurt performance.

It depends on the car/kit. There are some cars that look really nice with a certain body kit...but people always go for the cheapest shits, and it's ugly as hell.

It depends on the car/kit. There are some cars that look really nice with a certain body kit...but people always go for the cheapest shits, and it's ugly as hell.

Again though, a good looking kit with a clean install will still (always the .01% that are exceptions) increase drag. Which is why I can't get past them. It's like putting 30lb wheels on your car, or a (most) spoiler(s). Same with people who see how low they can make their car go. I just think if you're going to spend $$ on something that just sits there and doesn't do anything, you might as well invest in brakes or suspension parts.

I know there are people who like 30" spinners, body kitted and slammed with 15,000 watts of stereo equipment but what can you do with that? Creep around town bumping? Yea...that's super cool. This way you can go to sound competitions where you put your car in park and twist a knob.

...am I closed minded? Probably.

Again though, a good looking kit with a clean install will still (always the .01% that are exceptions) increase drag. Which is why I can't get past them. It's like putting 30lb wheels on your car, or a (most) spoiler(s). Same with people who see how low they can make their car go. I just think if you're going to spend $$ on something that just sits there and doesn't do anything, you might as well invest in brakes or suspension parts.

I know there are people who like 30" spinners, body kitted and slammed with 15,000 watts of stereo equipment but what can you do with that? Creep around town bumping? Yea...that's super cool. This way you can go to sound competitions where you put your car in park and twist a knob.

Eh I'm the same way, but when I want a car to look pretty, I could care less about the drag it puts on my car. I wouldn't be trying to race it. If I have a racer, I wouldn't care how it looks, ya see? :p

Plus, I'd like a decent sound system in my car, 1 or 2 10"s, and 4 speakers...but I need to get my car working well first. :p

Different people have different points of view and interests.

True that. i would add a body kit and add some performance stuff like cold air intake, better suspension and what not. its like modding a computer... lol

Nice looking car. You should scrap the warranty though, warranties profit the seller, not the buyer.

Don't bother with dealer servicing either, take it to an independant. A Hyundai forum will be able to direct you to a good one.

Learn how to service it yourself. Oil changes, filters, brakes, all very easy stuff.

Oh and if you want a bodykit (which apparently you don't), check www.barryboys.co.uk for sound advice on why they're generally a very very bad idea.....

lol, that website has funny stuff. ok, so ill keep that in mind....body kits sucks...

Hmm, these cars don't have 15k on the meter near at all, and they are around 11k. Is your's fully loaded? Or maybe it's the difference in where we live?

Possibly where we live make a difference. *shrug*

Found out yesterday that the damn dealer let me take the care un-insured. Thought I would be covered in my parents insurance, but even with my mother co-signing, the title is in my name so that = no insurance.

Blah, getting gieco. Dont care if it sucks or anything, I just want to drive legally :p

Possibly where we live make a difference. *shrug*

Found out yesterday that the damn dealer let me take the care un-insured. Thought I would be covered in my parents insurance, but even with my mother co-signing, the title is in my name so that = no insurance.

Blah, getting gieco. Dont care if it sucks or anything, I just want to drive legally :p

My 88 RX-7 is insured as a 4 cylinder, so I get cheap ass insurance :D

At which juncture the money you saved not having a useless warranty will be used to repair the vehicle, with change left over.

Trust me on this, nobody offers insurance with the intention of making a loss, unless the product is a loss-leader. Car warranties are not loss leaders, and more often than not they impose stringent conditions on dealer-network servicing (illegal now in the UK), timescales, wear-and-tear components.....you name it, they won't cover it.

its only 9$ a month for the extended warranty (regular warranty was 5 years, 50k miles, extended is 10 years, 100k miles... so its no big deal. Just remember, I get 80% back if I dont use it, or i can transfer it to another car if I get a new one, or can use it to raise the price if I sell the car cause it will still be under warranty after 50k miles.

And pound to a penny that warranty will require dealer servicing.

How much more expensive is dealer servicing than independant? Double?

At which juncture the money you saved not having a useless warranty will be used to repair the vehicle, with change left over.

Trust me on this, nobody offers insurance with the intention of making a loss, unless the product is a loss-leader. Car warranties are not loss leaders, and more often than not they impose stringent conditions on dealer-network servicing (illegal now in the UK), timescales, wear-and-tear components.....you name it, they won't cover it.

Touche.

Back