Got a new folder in my HL2 directory name MP!

chillerW

Reaction score
Just recently a new folder have shown in my hl2 folder named MP in my C:\Program\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\reefsurfer\half-life 2 folder?

I used to have bin and hl2 folder and the hl2 logo there... today i checked and there was the mp folder and in it were 3 folders, cfg,maps and save and a .tmp file called demoheader.

I havent tried the hacked mp nor the co-op versions at all.

Does others have this folder aswell??

Do you have the SDK as well? It may be somehow related to what we heard in the past that the full SDK will include multiplayer "examples".

No, No MP folder in my Directory.

And I have the SDK too.

nope, ive just got alot of new MDMP-files... whatever those are...

yea..i got the MDMP files aswell..and yes i have the source SDK from the play games menu.

It must mean something.. im not trying to start a rumor here.. but could Valve silently update hl2 through steam and add mp maybe?

from what you said it seems like the hl2 folder got renamed

shark said:
from what you said it seems like the hl2 folder got renamed

eeh?
No the HL2 folder isent renamed its still this directory: C:\Program\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\reefsurfer\half-life 2 and nothing is changed except the new folder named mp.

so you see this in the "Half-Life 2" folder. Bin, hl2, hl2(icon), MP ?

i downloaded a mp mod from hl2 world, which makes a folder called hl2mp in /half-life 2

it also contains demoheader and maps etc.

You can't download mods, because no one can made mods. No SDK.

Anyway, if Valve wants to include an MP mode for HL2, I'm fairly sure that they won't do it covertly so that no one finds out. They'll announce it.

HL2World has been using the leaks for ages. Leaked shit doesn't count.

^^ hl2 world.com (without spaces) and yes i know they suck, i was simply remarking on the similarity between our folders.

Yeah, please don't post links to warez or hacked versions of HL2 on this forum.

No mp mods out yet because the code binaries haven't been released yet, but they will be very soon according to the Valve ERC.

Lunt said:
Yeah, please don't post links to warez or hacked versions of HL2 on this forum.

No mp mods out yet because the code binaries haven't been released yet, but they will be very soon according to the Valve ERC.

sorry I didnt realise this was warezed, i assumed it was legit as it is for the retail game. :eek:

Back