Got my new PC in, Come on HL2

Agent.M

Reaction score
Hell all just partly wanted to show my specs and get some intel on how well my new system should run HL2 well here it is..

Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-53 Processor 939 pin with HyperTransport Technology
Motherboard: ASUS® A8V Deluxe - VIA K8T800 Pro Motherboard
Memory: 1GB Dual Channel DDR PC-3200 SDRAM at 400MHz - 2 x 512MB
Video Card: ATI RADEON™ X800 XT Platinum Edition 256MB DDR3 w/Digital and TV Out
Video Optimizer: AlienAdrenaline: Video Performance Optimizer
Video Cooling: AlienIce™ Video Cooling System - Astral Blue
System Drive: High Performance - Serial ATA - 120GB Seagate® Barracuda 7,200 RPM w/8MB Cache
Optical Drive One: Plextor® PX-712A 12x DVD±R/W Drive
Floppy Drive: 3.5" 1.44 MB Floppy Disk Drive - Black
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 ZS High Definition 7.1 Surround
Network Connection: High Speed Gigabit Ethernet
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Portable Storage : Alienware® 8-in-1 Digital Media Reader / Writer with FireWire
Keyboard: Microsoft® Multimedia Keyboard - Nova Yellow
Speakers: Klipsch Pro Media 5.1 Surround sound speakers

Pretty sure this system will run HL2 nicely with full effects??..no to just get a new monitor.

Sorry mate, someone's ripped you off

Doubt you would even run Half-Life with that system, let alone Half-Life 2.

Murray, those jokes are just dead. Dead in the water. Dead like your Aunt Lulu. Dead. Dead dead DEAD.

I'm not sure if that PC is actually compatible with Half-Life 2. Don't you need a Mac? ;)

Nice rig. Enjoy.

Shuzer said:
Murray, those jokes are just dead. Dead in the water. Dead like your Aunt Lulu. Dead. Dead dead DEAD.

If people can afford an Alienware, perhaps they could afford some common sense too :/

Yes your rig will run HL2 at full with sparkly bells and whistles. That's right, they are sparkly! :D

If that rig can't run HL2 at full details, Valve got some 'splaining to do.

What did ya pay for that? if i had the money i would definetly go with that pc maybe had another gig of ram. also if ur looking for a good monitor go for the samsungs, real good price(picked up my 19 inch for $180)

MACHINE said:
Hell all just partly wanted to show my specs and get some intel on how well my new system should run HL2 well here it is..

Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-53 Processor 939 pin with HyperTransport Technology
Motherboard: ASUS® A8V Deluxe - VIA K8T800 Pro Motherboard
Memory: 1GB Dual Channel DDR PC-3200 SDRAM at 400MHz - 2 x 512MB
Video Card: ATI RADEON™ X800 XT Platinum Edition 256MB DDR3 w/Digital and TV Out
Video Optimizer: AlienAdrenaline: Video Performance Optimizer
Video Cooling: AlienIce™ Video Cooling System - Astral Blue
System Drive: High Performance - Serial ATA - 120GB Seagate® Barracuda 7,200 RPM w/8MB Cache
Optical Drive One: Plextor® PX-712A 12x DVD±R/W Drive
Floppy Drive: 3.5" 1.44 MB Floppy Disk Drive - Black
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 ZS High Definition 7.1 Surround
Network Connection: High Speed Gigabit Ethernet
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Portable Storage : Alienware® 8-in-1 Digital Media Reader / Writer with FireWire
Keyboard: Microsoft® Multimedia Keyboard - Nova Yellow
Speakers: Klipsch Pro Media 5.1 Surround sound speakers

Pretty sure this system will run HL2 nicely with full effects??..no to just get a new monitor.
How much you paid for this?

MACHINE.. How does that AlienAdrenaline work? I always wondered if that thing worked good.

when Im board I go on resseleratings.com and laugh at all the dissatified reviews alienware gets.
Yes Its that fun.
:LOL:

There any point to this other than to show how much Alienware ripped you off?

Abom said:
Lol i was thinking the same thing. Wanted to see how much he spend, go on newegg and buy xact same specs for alot less.

Murray_H said:
If people can afford an Alienware, perhaps they could afford some common sense too :/

Yes your rig will run HL2 at full with sparkly bells and whistles. That's right, they are sparkly! :D

Mr. H I have plenty of common sense I didnt graduate from college with a masters in business investing for nothing but when it comes to computers Im just learning and the only reason i didnt build myself is because of the financing that alienware is offering at this moment in time plus ive heard nothing but good things about them and im too lazy to build myself right now :cheers:

3000 even... I dont believe I got that ripped off if at all I have priced this same system parts wise from newegg and pricewath and there is only bout a 500 dollar difference which for me doesnt matter, but thanks to those 2 that gave me some mature feedback! O and I have a friend that also has a voodoo and alienware and hasnt never had problem with either i used the AW myself for awhile great computer!

O and abom the point of this was to ask if I more than likely can have max settings for HL2 with this system like I said Im not that literate when it comes to computers I know some stuff but not a ton.

kidrock450 said:
MACHINE.. How does that AlienAdrenaline work? I always wondered if that thing worked good.

Not totaly sure Kid but when I spoke with them they said that it is alienware's own patented tool that makes it very easy to calibrate your overclock, ram usage, res settings, etc. for certain games havnt really messed with it yet but looks pretty cool.

impule147 said:
What did ya pay for that? if i had the money i would definetly go with that pc maybe had another gig of ram. also if ur looking for a good monitor go for the samsungs, real good price(picked up my 19 inch for $180)

Thnx pulse I have been looking at those also seem pretty good.

Most people here are just jealous they dont have a computer that good.

*here come the noobs screaming WELL I CAN BUILD ONE JUST AS GOOD FOR A CHEAPER PRICE!!!* guess what no one cares.

kidrock450 said:
Most people here are just jealous they dont have a computer that good.

*here come the noobs screaming WELL I CAN BUILD ONE JUST AS GOOD FOR A CHEAPER PRICE!!!* guess what no one cares.

LOL thats what my computer wiz friend told me people would do!

well it does matter, it like ur bragging about a bad deal

oh yeah, when i bought my stuff at max price, it was only 1,300... not 2,700 extra than needed...

Gajdycz said:
well it does matter, it like ur bragging about a bad deal

oh yeah, when i bought my stuff at max price, it was only 1,300... not 2,700 extra than needed...

Errr...geez I wasnt trying to brag about anything just had a FreAkIn Q and wanted to show what i got, well shoot looks like I just really screwed myself cause I dont know what to get or where to buy like most of you.. looks like I just blew thousands of dollars... :frown: Go outside or something!

What exactly did you expect to hear after asking if a game will run on your absolute top of the line Alienware PC?

There are basically three possibilities (lower number = higher probability):

1) Alienware bashing
2) sarcastic answers
3) honest answers

MACHINE<------SmAcKs himself for this ThReAd........sigh........k well you answered my question.

Well said abom.

3k, i priced ur exact system with alienware and i came up with $4750, i could easily build a pc just as good for about half that.

plus the payments alienware offers adds probably another 500-1000 bucks in interest.

heres a few places with good cheap system(only priced 100-300 bucks more than building urself) www.ibuypower.com and www.cyberpowerinc.com

Impulse147 said:
plus the payments alienware offers adds probably another 500-1000 bucks in interest.

Read Alienware's site.

Alienware is offering you highly affordable financing options such as Nine Months Same As Cash with no payments for the first 90 days

Impulse147 said:
3k, i priced ur exact system with alienware and i came up with $4750, i could easily build a pc just as good for about half that.
$4750? Where did you get that number? I customized one to his exact specs and it only came out to $3397. That's still a bit steep, but nowhere near $4750.

Wow 3000, i wish i had enough for that. O well lol, im build a custom computer for about 1k, good enough for hl2 is good enough for me!

yay...i finally have a brother computer on this forum. :E

nice taste in parts :thumbs: :LOL:

edit - btw u kinda got ripped i built mine for 2400 and change.

nice pc, but you know what everyone is gonan say. "Could have saved thousands building it yourself"...well they would be 100% right. coulda got a sweet 23"16x9 monitor w/ the cash saved(yes i will be pimping new & big lcd's, im a real fanboy :D) but hey, to each his own.

OCybrManO said:
$4750? Where did you get that number? I customized one to his exact specs and it only came out to $3397. That's still a bit steep, but nowhere near $4750.

I just priced it too, lol, and got $3,441.00, thats with no monitor, mouse, no extras, nothing but what he listed.

That is pretty expensive if you ask me.

You could get that for about 2000-2500(max) if you would shop around, just priced it at newegg for 2100 and there might be some place cheaper for some of those things. (thats why I put 2000 as minimum.) That is however without all the alienware crap but when would you ever use them anyway, I know I wouldn't.

Oh yeah, this is without monitor, mouse, etc. but then again they weren't listed in what he bought so I didn't feel the need to add them in.

guinny said:
yay...i finally have a brother computer on this forum. :E

nice taste in parts :thumbs: :LOL:

edit - btw u kinda got ripped i built mine for 2400 and change.

Thanks man yeah you have a nice setup too I likes! :cheers:

O and it is 3000 even, I got a discount thru my graduate school, and thats everything besides monitor dont know if I would trust parts from ibuypower either heard bad things.

well you woulda saved alot @newegg...aloooot.

either way i dont care

I have an older Alienware computer. It's been a great dependable rig but yes, they are way too expensive.

If you can blindly spend money then by all means buy from Alienware. If you want the best bang for your buck, build.

I am in the proecess of building my rig. I was thinking of saving up to buy a pre-built, but the guys here talked me out of it.

-athlon 64 3400
-asus k8v se deluxe mobo
-1 gig ram
-radeon x800 pro
-creative labs sb audigy 2
-other crap (case, cd-drive, etc)

All for around 1800.

chu said:
I have an older Alienware computer. It's been a great dependable rig but yes, they are way too expensive.

If you can blindly spend money then by all means buy from Alienware. If you want the best bang for your buck, build.

Yeah well I was going to but I dont wanna spend that much at once right now and my only other option is financing thru a retailer so i went with alienware cause of there finance plan atm.... thought about voodoo but there way to expensive.

Dont listen to these whiners. They are just jealous because they cant afford a computer built by alienware. I think it does cost a little more, but its fine when you get the custom case, top of the line parts, have it built by Professionals, and have a good warranty instead of self built.

McFly said:
Dont listen to these whiners. They are just jealous because they cant afford a computer built by alienware. I think it does cost a little more, but its fine when you get the custom case, top of the line parts, have it built by Professionals, and have a good warranty instead of self built.

I second that.

McFly said:

kidrock450 said:
I second that.

Thanks Guys...yeah and the warranty is nice to have also! :cheers:

I have a 3 year cpu warrenty and a 5 year hard drive warrenty 3 year videocard warranty lifetime memory warranty and I dont know how long my motherboard is.
Im not jealous. Why do you guys say such ignorant things. Look at it from both sides.
Oh and I can get top of the line parts also and I dont need to buy from alienware.
I dont really care if you bought an alienware or not its your money you do what you want with it. But I do care when ignorant people shoot their mouth of about people they know nothing about.

MACHINE how does that AlienOptimizer work? is it like Over Clocking?

blackeye said:
when Im board I go on resseleratings.com and laugh at all the dissatified reviews alienware gets.
Yes Its that fun.
Oh, blackeye! and this ^^^ wasn't ignorant?...

nope that wasnt. That is called a joke. Ignorant is defined as lacking of knowledge or information.

They are just jealous because they cant afford a computer built by alienware
This ^ is ignorant.

Back