Grand Theft Auto IV on Steam

AciD

Reaction score
Grand Theft Auto IV will be available on Steam in 2 weeks but price is yet unknown.

What does the American dream mean today?[br]

For Niko Bellic fresh off the boat from Europe, it is the hope he can escape from his past. For his cousin, Roman, it is the vision that together they can find fortune in Liberty City, gateway to the land of opportunity. As they slip into debt and get dragged into a criminal underworld by a series of shysters, thieves and sociopaths, they discover that the reality is very different from the dream in a city that worships money and status, and is heaven for those who have them and a living nightmare for those who don't.
You can view Grand Theft Auto IV store page here.

Good news I guess that more and more new releases are coming to Steam, the downside is the fact that with the currency markets as fubar as they are and the pound weakening everyday more against the dollar, it will probably be a lot cheaper to buy this retail for me. :(

oh beautiful. i was wondering if i'd be able to buy this through steam.

So is there anyone who hasn't played this yet. I bought a PS3 to play this game

Good news I guess that more and more new releases are coming to Steam, the downside is the fact that with the currency markets as fubar as they are and the pound weakening everyday more against the dollar, it will probably be a lot cheaper to buy this retail for me. :(
Heh I was wondering about that lately. Used to be like $1 = .0000001 pounds and now its like a factor of 1.5, what the euro used to be.

Looks like this might actually be available for Australia! \o/

Still, I'll be getting a boxed version for the purty manual. Sorry, Steam.

I hope they don't make it NA only.

Haven't played this game yet, so depending on how the PC version is rated I might get it. Hell, I probably will get it.

I knew it! Woohoo!

Saints Row 2 and its shady developers can suck it long and suck it hard.

Um... I thought it was confirmed not to be...

Yeah, I remember them saying it was going to be Live (whatever it is) exclusive.

Can't argue with that Steam store page.

Personally I can't help but feel cynical about the lack of pricing information. How can they not have pricing info for a game due out in 2 weeks?? It smells to me as if Valve, or Rockstar, have cottoned onto the fact that Steam is losing its attractiveness over retail among non-Americans due to unfavourable exchange rates and dodgy decisions over regional pricing. As a result, they're holding out on stating the price on Steam in the hope that consumers will wait to see what it is, hesitate to place pre-orders with retailers, and then opt to go with Steam anyway as anticipation builds and people decide they don't mind shelling out an extra $10 to have it instantly on release...

Yeah, I remember them saying it was going to be Live (whatever it is) exclusive.

There are many Live games already available on Steam.
Universe at War,The Club, Fallout 3 etc. After all, Steam is just another way to distribute your game.

Universe at War,The Club, Fallout 3 etc. After all, Steam is just another way to distribute your game.

Exclusive != Live.

Yes, but there aren't any Live games on Steam that were announced as being exclusive to Live. If GTA was announced as being exclusive to Live one wouldn't expect it to be for sale on Steam, so obviously it is no longer exclusive. Yay!

That has no meaning to me. If you want to get a point across,i suggest you use full coherent sentences.

Like this?

Yes, but there aren't any Live games on Steam that were announced as being exclusive to Live. If GTA was announced as being exclusive to Live one wouldn't expect it to be for sale on Steam, so obviously it is no longer exclusive. Yay!

It appeared you didn't understand the coherent sentences, so I simplified for you.

It's on the Steam store. It's coming to Steam. It's not exclusive.

What is happening does not affect what they said:

Please keep up, Xendance.

Not sure if this is a good thing or not, and whether or not i'm going to get it anyway. The cars handle like crap, and that's the best bit of GTA for me.

If it's not bug or something, I can find GTA IV in Comming Soon tab on Store page so because I'm from Europe I suppose it's not NA-only release (December 3rd - right?). That's good to know.

And Live is used for achievements and multiplayer. So whereever you gain the game from (Steam/retail/UFO crash) it doesn't matter. Live exclusive? - no significancy.

btw check those vids on IGN (taken and edited in in-game video editor): http://pc.ign.com/articles/931/931444p1.html?RSSwhen2008-11-18_114900&RSSid=931444

Why would anyone want to get this? I bought it for my flat mates 360 and after getting to the third island I noticed how horribly repetitive and unoriginal the game was and that they had taken out all the fun. In my opinion, don't even bother wasting your money on this over hyped bulls**t. Get San Andreas or something of that caliber instead.

So is there anyone who hasn't played this yet. I bought a PS3 to play this game

What a waste of money... :)

Extreme distrust of what other people think of games has always served me well.

So what's the point of visiting a forum if you don't care about other peoples opinions? I love the way no one seems to be able to allow anyone to have a negative view on something. I personally thought it was a big disappointment, sorry if you don't like my opinion, at least come up with a reason why I am wrong instead of just "ignoring" anything that you don't agree with...

Live exclusive, as in Microsoft's Mulitplayer Service only. Just because it is available through Steam doesn't mean that it also has to use its server browser for online play. Hence the "Live exclusive".

The implications behind it in the press articles were that it would never be released on Steam.

No, one implies that they're going to look into further sources to validate your opinions. The other suggests that they're just going to ignore you.

The implications behind it in the press articles were that it would never be released on Steam.

Then show me a press article that says that it won't be available through Steam or any other digital distributor for that matter.

No, one implies that they're going to look into further sources to validate your opinions. The other suggests that they're just going to ignore you.

Aww, I only said "Meh, same dif" 'cause I didn't really care. Your very literate for a Northerner (I'm only joking before you jump down my throat!) :LOL:

Your very literate for a Northerner
Own goal...! :eek:

own-goal.jpg

And if I decided not to purchase anything because I heard dissenting voices on the net saying it was repetitive, overrated, etc. then I never would have played some of my favourite games. I buy what looks like it will entertain me, GTA4 qualifies.

My PC i way too weak. And thus my xbox is a true lifesaver! I never have to worry about if my game can run or not :) (I will be getting a new pc someday, but for now most of the games i want to play are available on the 360)

As for GTA IV. I traded it in a long time ago. I never finished it which i kind of regret. I just felt like the missions were often either too dull or frustrating to complete and it ultimately ended up with me popping in Gears or Saints Row instead. Hmm. I'll probably buy it again when it gets cheaper just for reexperiencing the awesome physics engine and perhaps finishing it once and for all.

Back