Graphics In Hl2 Suck!

im still waiting for someone to show me a game with sharper and more realistic textures than in CS:S.

Absinthe said:
If it's all just an act, then She's trolling. Isn't that likely to get some mods' panties into a twist?
One would think so. I've seen people get banned for FAR less than the incessant trolling She takes part it.

poseyjmac said:
im still waiting for someone to show me a game with sharper and more realistic textures than in CS:S.
Yeah, i was actually quite surprised at that as well.

HL2's graphics are good. They many not be the very best graphics ever but I really don't care. When I'm playing the game I won't spend the whole time looking at the damned shadows anyway.

disruptioN_ said:
HL2's graphics are good. They many not be the very best graphics ever but I really don't care. When I'm playing the game I won't spend the whole time looking at the damned shadows anyway.

Well then why the hell did you buy CS:S! That seems to be the only reason that half the peopel got the game!

-Limb

Who ever said I bought CS:S?
I'm just going to get it with my boxed copy of HL2.

poseyjmac said:

Hey there.

Here are some examples. Detail textures like these in halo wouldnt be bad :angel:

Half Life 2's textures, from a distance, are one of the most beautiful I have seen though :)

Detail textures in halo

SunshineRecorder said:
Hey there.

Here are some examples. Detail textures like these in halo wouldnt be bad :angel:

Half Life 2's textures, from a distance, are one of the most beautiful I have seen though :)

Detail textures in halo
Those are LOD-based textures though, they're not consistantly like that. If i remember right, pretty much every engine around today, is capable of doing that. It would be pretty cool to have that kinda thing in HL2

Sparta said:
Those are LOD-based textures though, they're not consistantly like that. If i remember right, pretty much every engine around today, is capable of doing that. It would be pretty cool to have that kinda thing in HL2

Yes they are LOD based, but that's what I say would be nice. Having them in HL2/CS Source when you get close to things. They are in Condition Zero for crying out loud :)

Yea, the textures are pretty bad. I don't want to see 100 'blocks' taking up my screen when I get near a texture, I want 1280*1024 (whatever that is)

Since appearantly graphics are everything in a game, and half life 2 has terrible graphics by your standards then wouldnt it make sence to not play half life 2 since you have already judged the game before it was released. I mean if you have such a negative opinion of hl2, why are you posting on a message board on hl2.net? If dynamic shadows makes doom 3 better than half life 2, so be it.

HL2 has detail textures I think, check the preload files.

Detail textures rock, it makes Serious Sam still look good.

PvtRyan said:
HL2 has detail textures I think, check the preload files.

Detail textures rock, it makes Serious Sam still look good.

What folder should I check exactly PVt?

disruptioN_ said:
Who ever said I bought CS:S?
I'm just going to get it with my boxed copy of HL2.

Had to ruin my joke, didn't you?

Bah, Have fun having dreams about all the nice shadows.. err I mean gameplay, yea thats it, gameplay! (Phew, almost blew my cover there)

-Limb

So, is She now the most annoying person on these boards or something? And what was She's original post that pissed off the thread starter? I'm having a hard time trying to find that post.

CB | Para said:
Let's compare:

CS:S with 4xAF

Random Stalker Pic

Both look great! :)

STALKER looks better than HL2 imo, but at a cost, they couldn't even keep a smooth framerate in trailers.
SunshineRecorder said:
What folder should I check exactly PVt?

Just copy the materials GCF (approx 1 GB) and open it, search for 'detail'. Although I'm not so sure anymore whether or not HL2 is gonna use them, there are detail textures, but looks like only very few.

Just copy the materials GCF (approx 1 GB) and open it, search for 'detail'. Although I'm not so sure anymore whether or not HL2 is gonna use them, there are detail textures, but looks like only very few.[/QUOTE]
........ open it?? :/ huh? :eek:

Caminante said:
THIS SILLY INTERNET BOARD HAD MADE ME HATE, VALVE, STEAM, HL2, CS:S.... OH AND MOST OF THE COMMUNITY WHICH I ALREADY DISPITE!

then dont post, or view, just remove the horrible bane of reading this forum from your life, and while youre at it, reformat your 'puter, wipe your drive, and cancel your internet account.

and this ones for she,

theyre both great games in their own right, so heres your tickets for the clue train, come back when you stop drinkin' draino, have delt with your addiction to drama, and are once again a usefull carbon based life form and not wasting all of our air, i have faith in you, and i believe you can change

and this ones for she,

theyre both great games in their own right, so heres your tickets for the clue train, come back when you stop drinkin' draino, have delt with your addiction to drama, and are once again a usefull carbon based life form and not wasting all of our air, i have faith in you, and i believe you can change

hahahahhaha.. stop it.. haha

theyre BOTH great games???
both? wich games do you mean..
ok.. HL2 is one of themm... the second??

HL2 GRAPHICS ARE THE BEST! besides Doom 3...who cares about D3... :)

Tredoslop said:
So, is She now the most annoying person on these boards or something? And what was She's original post that pissed off the thread starter? I'm having a hard time trying to find that post.

this is the post.....

"SHE"
hahaha.. nice defence guys..
Doom3 this and Doom3 that..
Do you feel threatened by the doom3 engine??

Doom3 is a more stabile engine than Source will ever be..
The fact that John Carmack programmed a stabile engine in just under 4 years
tears you apart, beacuse Valve thought they could create a better one.. (DAIKATANA / John Romero anybody??)

Well... 5-years.. and they still have problems with the shadows...
I LOL.. beacuse the shadows are outdatet too...
+ Source looks very outdated..

and john is already creating an outdoor engine to add on his DOOM3 ""indoor" engine.. while Valve struggle with "Minor" problems...

And Pumping it with Specular mapping aint gonna hide that fact..
it looks old / farcry.

But then again... it's all about gameplay..

EDIT: ( im out.. )

:rolleyes:

She said:
hahahahhaha.. stop it.. haha

theyre BOTH great games???
both? wich games do you mean..
ok.. HL2 is one of themm... the second??

well lets see, actually no, lets not, if you dont know which game you were speaking of earlier, once again, whatever you're drinking/smoking is bad for you, stop the cycle

whatever you're drinking/smoking is bad for you, stop the cycle
you better think twice before you post things like this my friend.

to everybody else..
stop posting about me and stay on topic.. thank you.

big time knub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
big time ban?

YOUR Opinion pal, in my eyes HL2/CSS and farcry look far better then D3. Describe old to me, old meaning low res tectures, crappy player models and physics that make you laugh in the rare moments they are seen.
Ok.

Half Life 2's graphics are actually one of the lesser qualities of it IMO. Doom 3 has better graphics but I cannot complain at all about Half Life 2's. Half Life 2 has a way cool physics engine though, which PWNZ Doom!

I think that Half-Life 2's graphics are very nice, but they haven't been used very well in CS:Source. Is it me, or is CS: Source very plain? I mean, the graphics are nice, but they don't use the wonderful textures enough, I just can't quite put my finger on what's been bothering me.

Tredoslop said:

There were a few of Shes comments (and lots of other people mind you), in a few of the other graphics related threads that made my blood boil.... i know that was probably their intention, but it worked and i got pissed off, thats why i started this thread, because i want them all to stop with their constant source bashing

PS
YAY ITS LIKE MY SECOND THREAD AND I GOT 11 PAGES - W00t

I like an engine for it's moddability, and flexibility.

Doom 3 has what, 13 mods? Most of which are just gameplay mods for the singleplayer game?

Half-Life 2 isn't even out, and it's got more than a hundred mods already planned. Not to say that even a fraction of them will make it to the light of day, but the fact that the game is much more than a single game experience, but many, is something you have to give it credit for.

She, I realize all you do is get everyone riled up with your blatant crap of an opinion, and it may be humorous to an extent, but it's really old, when every post made by you is in favor of one of the worst games of all time. Doom 3 had cool shadows. I think we just broke some new ground. I think 4 PERSON DEATHMATCH IS FRIGGIN PHENOMINAL. WHY DOESNT EVERY GAME SUFFER THEIR GAMEPLAY FOR MORE ADVANCED VISUALS?! WHY ARE WE STILL PLAYING HALF-LIFE 1 MODS?! OH MY GOSH WE MUST ALL BE INCREDIBLY STUPID!!! HALF-LIFE 1 DOESNT EVEN HAVE REALISTIC WATER RENDERING EFFECTS! HOW OUTDATED!!!

Yeah. That's how I feel about you.

And by the way, I hate guys who pose as girls.

fantasiser said:
OMG have you guys seen the specular mapping!!!!one!!11OR THE SHADOWS111111111111
OMG THE BREAKING POINTS IN CSS SUCK SO HARD
OH GEE the source engine is just GREATE!

As if YOUR game engine was so GREATE!

Back