Graphics Problem!

M

Mud-H

Hey all,
I have a weird graphic problem when trying my maps in Hl2: DM or Dod: Source. The map load well but after 5-20 seconds in-game, my graphics crash and all become black and white....

Screenshot of the problem:
lightingbug.jpg

I have update my Geforce driver and my Directx, I tought the problem had dissapear but after few test it came back :frown:

Someone have an idea of what is causing this? I tought about reinstalling all my Steam Apps but I think the problem is elsewhere...

Thx for your help
Marc

P.S. After a reboot, I can test my map one time but at my next attempt the crash occur...

one word: overheating

try cleaning out the crud stuck in your GPU fan unit before the next crash is fatal (as it was for me a few weeks ago)

Jeez, it's about time someone besides me experience this problem.

...Overheating seems like a completely illogical explanation. I play through the Citadel without a single problem, but my six-brush testmaps magically break the GPU?

Mud-H said:
Hey all,

P.S. After a reboot, I can test my map one time but at my next attempt the crash occur...
Does that mean you can go for as long as you want and it won't happen; but when you reload it dies?
I can't figure out what that looks like; light map w/o textures is my first guess. So...anyway the reload thing?

mine does the same thing, but not quite that bad, and the only way i can quit is to hit f10, but if i hit the tilde key and type in by memory and reload my map, it works fine...i have no idea why.

Graphical Error

Same problem in single player custom maps: I've been searching all over for a solution. For the time being this works:

Like drgon47 said: Hit the tilde (you won't be able to see the console but it's there!) and type, without the brackets: [reload] or [restart]. You have to do it every time but you only seem to need to do it once.

Back