Gravity affecting crossbow bolts

I really enjoy Soldat, though it's sort of a sidescroller so I guess it's a bit different.

scatr99 said:
ok now you are just putting words in my mouth. plus, it wouldnt take four hours of sitting in a plane, definately not in an emergency too

Extream realism isnt what games are about. Flashpoint is quite real, but still has to be a game.

You cant have a 100% realistic game. If you actually thought about what a 100% realisic ww2 game of el alamon would require, it would not be in the least bit fun. And yes, it does take a long time to get a plane ready to fly. Even flight simms cut corners.

denzelr said:
I wonder if you can catch an arrow or a rocket for that matter with the manipulator if you are quick enough...
That would be awesome! :cheers:

I think a company should think about developing a monitor that when you get hit in an FPS game or any other game, shoots a bullet at you. This would add to the realism of playing the game.

It could totally revolutionize the industry.

It should have, painkiller's stake gun also has gravity affecting it's distance when you shoot it. And its physics engine is Havok 2.0. HL2's Source is a beefed up Havok so i think there will be.

I certainly don't want a 100% realistic game - it wouldn't be a game any longer. But I certain games I do want certain features to be as realistic as possible. Ballistics are a one such thing, realistic ballistics adds quite a lot of gameplay. When you think about it, bullets that act like laser beams is just silly. And for the critics; on close range ballistics doesn't make much of a difference. It's on medium to long range it really comes into play, therefore in multiplayer it takes more than just putting the sight right on target and pushing a button.

Im a big fan of gravity affecting the crossbow bolts, i love that good old arced trajectory makes you feel much more skillful when you get that headshot.

You people are getting sidetracked here. Gravity slightly affecting arrows would only reduce the effectiveness of the crossbow as a sniper weapon (which is probably good, since HL2 maps will be bigger, snipers :x ) and I could see arrows as physically stimulated objects as there are not nearly as many shot than bullets (you know, semi/auto stuff).
Maybe not in multiplayer, that would mean lag.

Back