Green Day or Weezer?

Green Day or Weezer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

joule

Tank
Reaction score
So...which band do you prefer?

The winner of this thread will then go on to verse the next competitor. You will just have to wait and see who it is. :p

I choose...Green Day. Even though Weezer has some very good hits.

There's no competition and im not a huge greenday fan, Weezer just plain suck.

I h8 Green Day. I class is it "whine rock" becuase its rock with teenagers whineing over it (i kno that green day guy is like 35)

Argh, don't make me choose. :(

....fine, Green Day. But only because American Idiot is such a damned fine album.

you go to hell for making this poll.. you go to hell and you die!

Lil' Timmy said:
you go to hell for making this poll.. you go to hell and you die!
:LOL: :LOL:

Sorry...but just wait until the next one. :LOL:

Come on, I can't choose between those bands!
:monkee: <- Only this can possibly express my emotions of hatred.

green day is the original pseudo punk rockers! pop punk at its very roots! lmao... green day had some hits, but they suck compared to weezer. they have little musical talent, and their vocalist sounds like hes forcing himself to sound that unique... whether he is or not is trivial.

weezer, before the green album, kicks ass. the blue album and pinkerton are good listening, front to back. no comparison here, imo (2 different styles of music anyhow), weezer... hands down.

othello said:
green day is the original pseudo punk rockers! pop punk at its very roots! lmao... green day had some hits, but they suck compared to weezer. they have little musical talent, and their vocalist sounds like hes forcing himself to sound that unique... whether he is or not is trivial.

Gah! Billy Joe has tons of songwriting talent. It didn't always come out before, sinse he has such a knack for writing catchy 3 chord pop-punk tunes, but listen to Warning and then American Idiot (especially American Idiot) and you'll see he can write some amazing stuff.

Oh, I pick Green Day (of course). But really I hope you're comparing these bands just for the sake of comparing and not cause you think they're similar.

To say Green Day have no songwriting ability shows that you've never listened to any of their albums post-Dookie.

Weezer all the way. I used to like green day, and I hear that american idiot is amazing, but they just don't do it for me like weezer do.

Weezer, I love these guys, my favorite band of all time. They were awesome before green, but there next 2 albums were also great, though not as solid. Them all the way!!!

"Jesus of Suburbia". Weezer has nothing that comes even close.

Jmechy said:
"Jesus of Suburbia". Weezer has nothing that comes even close.

only in dreams... greatest weezer song ever. trumps any green day song.

I'm sorry but weezer definately wins hands down. How can you not love in the garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by the way. punk sucks.

Hum....long time Weezer listener, but American Idiot blew me away. While I definitely listen to Greenday more, I don't think that Weezer are any worse than them. :D
Can I get back to you? :B

ultimately it all comes down to personal opinion. no one here can convince anyone to like the other band. in my opinion though, musical taste aside, I think green day's song writing talent is just plain better. it's like comparing picasso with the guy who makes the art for mcdonald's happy meal bags.

(I'm gonna get killed by half of you here for this)

'For all I know you want me too and maybe you just don't know what to do,
or maybe you're scared to say: "I'm falling for you..."

i wish i could get my head out of this sand,
'cause i think we'd make a great team,
and you could keep my fingernails clean.

but thats just a stupid dream that i wont realize,
'cause i cant even look in your eyes...
without shaking, and i aint faking
i'll bring home the turkey, if you bring home the bacon!'

just awesome. <3 weezer.

*ooo wee oo i look just like buddy holly, uh oh and your mary tyler moore!*

WEEZER BITCHES, btw greenday should have stopped at dookie.. american idiot is just more american power chords !!!111!oneone!

Back