Grim Horizons - Mod Team Recruiting!

egoncalo

Reaction score
Hey all,

Me and a couple other friends have came up with a great idea for a mod for HL2. We would like to put together an experienced team to work on it with us.

So far we only have:
-Concept Artist
-Web Designer
-Story Writer

We still need:
-Mappers
-Programmers
-Sound Techs
-Other various positions

If you're interested or would like to hear more details please email [email protected] or instant message grimhorizonsteam on AIM to apply. Thanks.

You'll probably need to explain a little more about the idea before anyone expresses an interest in helping you out

It's going to be sky combat in crafts that resemble the one in the 3dMark05 test, "Canyon Flight". Players will be able to elect a captain, and pilot their crafts against others. Upgrades will be able to purchased with experience for the crew, and money for the ship. I'm typing up all the details and I'll post them soon. Sorry about that.

Can be done using a scale tecnique or the "model airplane" technique as it's tentatively called in the industry. I vote yes for this project. Very original, though I hope your programming team has some balls.

Thanks for the support cobra, I'll keep you updated by PM'ing you or something like that.

Grim Horizons

Description:
Elect a captain and board your cruiser… you're in for the fight of your life. "Grim Horizons" is an air combat mod in which players can gain combat experience allowing for personal upgrades and ranks. Along with the experience system is an exciting money system that allows each cruiser's captain to upgrade their crew's weaponry, and boost their cruisers performance with exciting and dangerous additions. Look forward to a completely new experience that you will witness in no other Half-Life 2 modification!

Players:
Each cruiser is piloted by a player elected captain and has a crew of four other players. Teams will be auto-balanced and bots will fill empty crew spots on cruisers of either faction. Two factions will fill the battlefield with rival cruisers. These factions are the R.A.G., the Royal Air Guard, and the Sky Brigands.

Captain (Player Election) System:
Players will be able to elect a crew member of their choice to be captain of their cruiser. The decision can be based on player opinion and does not rely upon experience or score. If players are dissatisfied with their elected captain they may mutiny and elect a new captain. They may also elect another captain upon the previous captain's departure from the server.

EXP (Experience) System:
Crew members gain experience for opposing players killed, siege damage done, and overall round accuracy. These points will allow players to upgrade several factors that will affect their playing ability. Each will have four experience levels that players may upgrade to. These factors are:
  • Muscle - Allows the player to bear/maneuver their siege weaponry faster.
  • Stamina - Affects the player's loading speed and sprint ability.
  • Accuracy - Steadies and darkens the players aiming reticule/crosshair.
  • Engineering - Players weaponry becomes more useful and accurate.

GP (Money) System:
As the player's cruiser damages and shoots down the other faction GP is progressively gained. With this GP the elected captain will be allotted a time before each round to purchase cruiser upgrades, and personnel weaponry. Each upgrade will also have four available levels of upgrades. Some of the available upgrades are:
  • Armor Plating - Progressive Upgrades
  • Navigation - Individual Upgrades
  • Engines - Progressive Upgrades
  • Personnel Weaponry - Individual Upgrades
  • Siege Weaponry- Individual Upgrades

I had some people asking out to help with the forums the other day, someone asking to help with PR... so if you think you can be of use to us in anyway let us know and we'll interview you and we'll try to fit you in.

I'd personally love to see the map shots. :) - I'm a mapper myself and am quite petrified of mapping an entire country-side (though not as detailed as the battle takes place up in the air) but that's not to say I can't do it. I would have to develop some prototypes to see how I would do it. I will work on something just for fun. Maybe it can help your mapping team complete the maps.

Thanks Cobra-Unit... you never cease being helpful... Do you have MSN or AIM that I can contact you on? Thanks again... all help is appreciated!

sounds like it will be awesome but like a previous poster said, you going to have to have some SERIOUS coders, to pull this off, but, good luck i don't think i would be much of use... :(

egoncalo said:
What kind of stuff can you do? Thanks for your enthusiasm!

well, i can do concept art, i'm a great concepulist, i'm learning how to map and model, and i'm also a great PR (public representitive) and i haven't even touched on coding, though i can turn out some pretty cool music...

EDIT: so i guess i could be the "Sound Tech" or something like that...

I'm sure if you were interested you could help us out. Is there a way to contact like you MSN or AIM?

im sorry but this sounds like it needs a hell of alot of coding and i dont think there is like any coders who arnt working on mods. if you get all the models and textures an maps and stuff done then you would have a good chance of getting a coder on board i reckon.

Back