Gromit :D

clarky003

Tank
Reaction score
A fully animateable Gromit for 3DsMax,

Im so kind that im going to share this with everyone who has access to Max.. because im sure no matter what standard your at, you can always have fun creating animation's and making funny or interesting poses, plus gromit's just one of those characters that you just cant help raise a smile at.

Download.

The text file in the download is quite important if you want to get to grips with his control's quicker. There are some custom attributes ive put in the rig to make the posing and animation's go smoother.

here are some render's.

Gromit1.jpg

Gromit2.jpg

Gromit3.jpg

Gromit4.jpg

Nope, but you can always ajust that with the material editor, no need to create a new texture, just edit the black colour swatch which I used for the nose.

you sir are in serious need of some anti aliasing ;) .
did you use a standard max biped? if not could you show us the rig ?.

Sometimes I like the aliased look, ;) ... I just chose to keep it off, when Im doing some quick render's I usually have it off.

I built the rig from scratch, I'll edit this and post a piccy soonish.

edit:

GromitRig.jpg

excellent! i was suprised that they didnt make the next wallace and gromit film in 3d. i thought clay animation was a thing of the past.

its the stylised look of stopmotion and the fact that it follows tradition ...a 3d version of wallace and gromit would be like hl2 in third person

mindless_moder said:
its the stylised look of stopmotion and the fact that it follows tradition ...a 3d version of wallace and gromit would be like hl2 in third person
I'm pretty sure 3d animation's advanced enough to add a "wobbly" modifier to make it.. well.. wobbly looking, just like clay animation.

StardogChampion said:
I'm pretty sure 3d animation's advanced enough to add a "wobbly" modifier to make it.. well.. wobbly looking, just like clay animation.
i guess a displacement modifier of some sort could have been used but its more of an effort to preserve traditional art forms.

yeh only it took them 5 years and their building with all the models burned down destroying everything...

crackhead said:
excellent! i was suprised that they didnt make the next wallace and gromit film in 3d. i thought clay animation was a thing of the past.
If they did, the whole world would hate 'em!

maybe you would as you play with lego but i was never a fan of wallace and gromit but i have to say clay animation does look amazing

crackhead said:
maybe you would as you play with lego but i was never a fan of wallace and gromit but i have to say clay animation does look amazing
yeah you=almost the whole world. I should pay tributes to you now. you're the great. just stop it, OK?

crackhead said:
yeh only it took them 5 years and their building with all the models burned down destroying everything...

Fire destroyed everything but the most recent movie materials. Only archival sets and props were lost.

clarky003 said:
A fully animateable Gromit for 3DsMax,

Im so kind that im going to share this with everyone who has access to Max.. because im sure no matter what standard your at, you can always have fun creating animation's and making funny or interesting poses, plus gromit's just one of those characters that you just cant help raise a smile at.

Download.

The text file in the download is quite important if you want to get to grips with his control's quicker. There are some custom attributes ive put in the rig to make the posing and animation's go smoother.

here are some render's.
You sir, rock.

Fire destroyed everything but the most recent movie materials. Only archival sets and props were lost.

oh right i didnt know that but still it did take them 5 years to make.

Back