GTA San Andreas Q's .

Adrien C

Reaction score
Hey guys, Finally San Andreas is coming for PC next tuesday, to be honest I can't wait for this game, Vice City is my favourite game, I never gave so much attention to a game live VC, not even Half Life.

I have a couple of questions;in Vice City I loved it when your gang would fight other gangs, unfortunatly this was poorly implemented and the only way you could get them to fight was to lure another gang into the hood. In this new one I read that you can control your homies and give them orders, so I have some Qs about this.

Do they really follow you ?
Can you give them actual orders?
Are they more responsive and "alive"?
Do they do drive by shooting?
Is the Ai any good?
How many can follow you ?

Thanks guys I would appreciate some answers

1. yes, you can tell them to follow you, but only if you have enogh respect.
2. I'm pretty certain that the orders are limited to "follow me" and "stay here".
3. I think so, for instance, I heard that the do things like talk to other npcs, smoke, drink, and respond to your presence. If you are fat, they will remark on it, ect.
4. yes its true. if you get them to follow you, as many as can fit in the car will get in if you do. and if you drive by an enemy, I don't know if you have to fire the first shot or what.
5. as I haven't played the game, I don't know, but it is definatly better than in VC.
6. I have no idea. Probably won't be to many, five tops, IMO.

hope that helps. :thumbs:

Thanks a lot, I hope someone who has played it can confirm this.

I have played it through on ps2 :)
bobthecombineguy is right, if I remember right you can get 4 guys to follow you...
it depends on your respect level
and yor gang members will do drive by shooting when ever they see enemy gang members

No, you can have up to 8-12 (sorry cant remember the exact number) follow you when you have maximum respect. The ai could be better. Sometimes some of your gang wont get into a car with you or will stop following you because of a bug. Its easy for them to get left behind when youre trying to get them to follow you for long distances. You can sometimes respond to npcs including your gang with a negative or positive response when they talk to you but this doesnt do much.

I think it was 8 people that you could have following from your gang. Usually they only have pistols or Tec9's. It's just that you can often get only 3 dudes (anyone know a bigger car than a 4-person car?) with you to do an attack if you don't want to walk, which would take a lot of time since the AI guys don't keep up with you when running.

I heard you can have your whole gang get into a bus but ive not tried it.

Reaktor4 said:
I heard you can have your whole gang get into a bus but ive not tried it.

lol that would be sweet. Especially if they could shoot out of the windows! :LOL:

MEGA DRIVE-BY!

Devvo said:
lol that would be sweet. Especially if they could shoot out of the windows! :LOL:

MEGA DRIVE-BY!
lol, man im so psyched for gta:sa, next week you say?

Yeah, well my local GAME said 10th of June I think... so soon... yeah.

Played it on other people's PS2s but obviously didn't really get the chance to play a lot of the story.

Can't wait to get locked into it :D

You guys are going to have an awesome time with it, believe me. I can't wait to get into it again, this time with no aliasing, decent textures, high resolution and most importantly - a mouse and keyboard. Joy.

Towards the end of the game I stopped using gang members, they became too weak.

Axyon said:
You guys are going to have an awesome time with it, believe me. I can't wait to get into it again, this time with no aliasing, decent textures, high resolution and most importantly - a mouse and keyboard. Joy.
do you know if the pc version will have anything extra graphics wise, i presume aa and af will be supported, better res obviously, draw distance, anything else? no bumpmapping or anything? :p

also how many custom radio stations can you have and how many mp3s?

jimbo118 said:
do you know if the pc version will have anything extra graphics wise, i presume aa and af will be supported, better res obviously, draw distance, anything else? no bumpmapping or anything? :p

also how many custom radio stations can you have and how many mp3s?
I know that the textures are mostly fully high-resolution, as opposed to Vice City's lower selection. Draw distance should be increased, yeah, and it's possible that traffic density may be higher... but don't hold me to that. No bumpmapping or anything, no.

You can either listen to mp3s (I assume a limitless amount) on their own, or add in DJ comments between tracks. Since there are 11 radio stations in the game, you can probably choose between the 11 DJs to comment.

Axyon said:
I know that the textures are mostly fully high-resolution, as opposed to Vice City's lower selection. Draw distance should be increased, yeah, and it's possible that traffic density may be higher... but don't hold me to that. No bumpmapping or anything, no.

You can either listen to mp3s (I assume a limitless amount) on their own, or add in DJ comments between tracks. Since there are 11 radio stations in the game, you can probably choose between the 11 DJs to comment.
awesomo!!i had heard there was a limt on the number of stations.

Devvo said:

MEGA DRIVE-BY!
What?! GTA on the Mega Drive!!!111

I'm kind of desapointed the homies don't follow you as they should :( NOOOOOOOOOO

Aye, I'll certainly be purchasing this next week. Small snippets played on a mate's PS2 is simply not enough!

Can't wait for the modding to begin either. :D

wouldnt it be awesome if you could stream your fav radio stations in real life in the games radio, through the internet, that would be awesome imo, maybe a mod idea. :p

Indid, I played it the first day, the problem was that it looks way to shady and the controls are horrible, it's imposible to shoot someone, let alone move.

Adrien C said:
Indid, I played it the first day, the problem was that it looks way to shady and the controls are horrible, it's imposible to shoot someone, let alone move.

This was the reason I sold my PS2 copy and ultimatley decided to wait for the PC version. Aiming is shit, movement is shit, the PS2 had way too many jaggies, etc...

My jaw is sore.....

Because my erection just coldcocked me.

Will cars and pedestrians still disappear if you do 180° turns?

Gunner said:
Will cars and pedestrians still disappear if you do 180° turns?

i cant stand that in vice city + gta 3. In Original gta u could drive away then turn around and it would be same cars.

Okay let me answer your questions:

Yes, you just need to have enough respect (maximum of 7 members)

No, Only the commands: Follow, stay here (no commands like: Kill him)

Yes, people seem to talk and actually do something.

Yes, if you get them in your car they will shoot cops and rival gangs from the car.

Is the Ai any good?
pretty good, not really an improvement imho

7 max

any other nice things to know:
- They wont die went you just punch them
- Cops will chase other people to down the streets (you can see cops chasing people in cars)
- There is some kinda jet in the game with missiles that auto-lock
- Game is the best of all GTA's

EDIT:
kinda fun thing to know is that you can take a tractor and pull cars around with your hook at the back.
But you can pull another tractor and pull another one with that one and so on so you will have a litle train :cheers:

Chav said:
Okay let me answer your questions:

Yes, you just need to have enough respect (maximum of 7 members)

No, Only the commands: Follow, stay here (no commands like: Kill him)

Yes, people seem to talk and actually do something.

Yes, if you get them in your car they will shoot cops and rival gangs from the car.

Is the Ai any good?
pretty good, not really an improvement imho

7 max

any other nice things to know:
- They wont die went you just punch them
- Cops will chase other people to down the streets (you can see cops chasing people in cars)
- There is some kinda jet in the game with missiles that auto-lock
- Game is the best of all GTA's

EDIT:
kinda fun thing to know is that you can take a tractor and pull cars around with your hook at the back.
But you can pull another tractor and pull another one with that one and so on so you will have a litle train :cheers:

is the thing with disappearing cars and people fixed when u look back?

SenorDingDong said:
is the thing with disappearing cars and people fixed when u look back?

Yeah, I havent noticed this . but I'm talking about the ps2 version so..

Chav said:
Yeah, I havent noticed this . but I'm talking about the ps2 version so..

It does happen in the PS2 version. Many a time I saw a cool looking car I wanted and I'd turn around in the pap car I was in to find it had vanished on a long straight stretch of road even though it only cruised past.

Does this game have official multiplayer support? I would assume not, but I can always dream. Multi Theft Auto (GTA3 and Vice City) is such ass... I wish the devs would build mutliplayer into the game. ;(

They said no but that they would closly support the mod team who mame Multy Theft Auto. I never played it myself, I just can't imagine the fights.

Adrien C said:
They said no but that they would closly support the mod team who mame Multy Theft Auto. I never played it myself, I just can't imagine the fights.

I tried it once on a lan with a few buddies: it was horrible... no npcs, no npc cars, and players didn't have any running animation it seemed, they just floated around sort of like Doom 1 deathmatch. It wasn't very fun :(

Are you sure that wasn't a really early version for GTAIII? The latest MTA for Vice City seemed pretty good when I tried it.

MTA : Blue is going to rock.

They're going to FULLY integrate multiplayer into the game, with an ingame server browser and everything.
It's said that it'll eliminate the lag and choppy animations...and just make mp way more fluid.

venturon said:
Are you sure that wasn't a really early version for GTAIII? The latest MTA for Vice City seemed pretty good when I tried it.

Yeah it was, I think it was about two years ago maybe.

No i can't call it "grand theft frame rate" It looks really good.

Back