Guy beats hl2 in 3hrs on divx

S

sgt.hemp

Just saw on some bt sites a video is going around with a guy cliaming to beat hl2 in 3hrs. ? I am downing loading it right now. 1.2 gigs. Anyone seen it ?

Can I post the torrent link to the file becuase its not warez its just a divx video ?

I've seen it. Some very cool tricks are used--including jumping over an object then using the gravgun to blast yourself over a ledge or wall to bypass a certain task. And, of course, he uses office supply towers as well! Woohoo!

is there anywhere to get it besides that? like on fileplanet or anything?

I wouldn't want to waste 3 hrs watching someone do anything... unless... ***(CENSORED MATERIAL)***

Its interesting watching over the parts of the game you played, seeing that you can just drive through most of Highway 17 instead of stoppind and fighting and not missing anything major. (except lots of fun ofcourse)...

He just bunnyhopped along sandtraps.. something i didnt think of.

Hello, I am the runner (how many times have I said that on this board so far?).

Just link to the original site and you can download without messing with torrents.

http://www.planetquake.com/sda/other/HalfLife2.html

The next run will be even faster. We've discovered at least 30 minutes of tricks. I'll also be capturing my own video, so it'll look better.

Wow, are you the guy who writes the amazing walkthroughs on gamefaqs.com? Cool to meet you if you are :D

marshmallow said:
Hello, I am the runner (how many times have I said that on this board so far?).

Just link to the original site and you can download without messing with torrents.

http://www.planetquake.com/sda/other/HalfLife2.html

The next run will be even faster. We've discovered at least 30 minutes of tricks. I'll also be capturing my own video, so it'll look better.

/me high-fives marshy

damn fine job

I thought the one part that was most clever was how he got out of the airboat and shot waaaaaaay down the water with his pistol at those barrels that knocked the gate open with that big wooden pole thingy that smashes them open. That saves like 20-30 minutes work

I laughed out loud at a part towards the end of the game when he shakes his screen (to simulate Gordon Freeman shaking his head) in response to something Alyx says.

Yeah, he does that a lot, quite funny.

I loved the fancy drive-work with the buggy too: when you bust through the blockade and fall of the cliff onto the beach, he just maneuvered through that without flipping and went on his merry way--very nice. :D!

Too bad you couldn't say that about the next fall. I really should have redone that part. In reality, I didn't even realize there was a nearby slope you could go down...yikes. That's a lot easier.

Alientank: 20 or 30 minutes? Nah, you're 'supposed' to go through maybe 3-4 more rooms to get there. Still a big shortcut, though.

Back