Guy With Speedhack

S

Slip778

Ok, so I was playen hl2 dm, and this guy joins the server with a speedhack, and runs accross the whole map in 1 second. Just killing everyone in a few seconds. I wanna know, if I ever see this cheaten f**ker again, how to get his steam ID, whatever, to get his account banned. Thanks.

Have you ever considered just ASKING him? geez

some people are so rude

See, you have to CATCH him first...then he'll lead you to his magical pot o' gold...

Lol! Seriously I think one of the updates that Valve are intending to do is VAC2. That hopefully will apply to HL2 DM. But sooner or later someone will crack that, but for a while people online might well be legitimate.

type /status in the console
also, you will need a demo to prove cheating

Somebody smart could make some kind of bind thing, or small mod that starts recording demo, and catches the info and stuff.

Add this to your config.cfg
Code:
alias "rec" "record cheat1.dem"; status; condump; alias "rec" "stop"
bind "x" "rec"

This will create a demo and also pull up the status and dump the console to a text file in the game directory. Change "x" to whatever letter you want to use and press it once to begin recording and again to stop.

*Note - Not tested. I just wrote this at work, so I have no access to test it out.

bliink said:
type /status in the console
also, you will need a demo to prove cheating

Check the Steam forums -- they won't accept cheating reports as there is no definitive proof. It's up to server admins to ban people.

Bongfarmer said:
Have you ever considered just ASKING him? geez

some people are so rude

Nah...sum guys runnen around the map with a speedhack and im not gonna ask him to stop..what do you think I did? yes, people are very rude, like yourself :angry: .

Link said:

Code:
bind "x" "rec"

This will create a demo and also pull up the status and dump the console to a text file in the game directory. Change "x" to whatever letter you want to use and press it once to begin recording and again to stop.

*Note - Not tested. I just wrote this at work, so I have no access to test it out.

Thanks, ill use this next time I see someone cheating.

Link said:
Code:
bind "x" "rec"

I know exactly where that script comes from.

:devil:

You know it works.

typing status works to get his steam id though.

Was his player name "HSU"? I ran into this clown doing the same thing on a server over the weekend. After warnings from 3 people,that if Valve got his account # his Steam account would be invalidated, he left the server. He was running on 5X sprint non-stop. The only one that could kill him was himself with his own grenade.

Some guy told me he was gonna get Valve to ban my Steam account because I was 'cheating'. Since when does ducking to avoid gunfire mean you're cheating? He then proceeded to harass me for 20 minutes before finally leaving the server. Fun times.

Slip778 said:
Nah...sum guys runnen around the map with a speedhack and im not gonna ask him to stop..what do you think I did? yes, people are very rude, like yourself :angry: .

Thanks, ill use this next time I see someone cheating.
first of all, that guy meant ask the hacker for his steam id. second of all, it was ajoke. third of all, calm down

diluted said:
Some guy told me he was gonna get Valve to ban my Steam account because I was 'cheating'. Since when does ducking to avoid gunfire mean you're cheating? He then proceeded to harass me for 20 minutes before finally leaving the server. Fun times.
i made someone leave the server cuz i was "speed hacking" aka, strafing around him. it was fun

ComradeBadger said:
I know exactly where that script comes from.

:devil:

You know it works.

I wrote that straight into the quick reply box. I'm not going to say more than that because I can't prove it and no one will believe me anyway.

Back