HA! Look at the lies!

who cares? is that going to make us enjoy the real (PC) version less?

What? why? if the xbox can handle HL2 I dont see why other console couldn't.

lies??, why the hell would that be a lie, I think its good for the industry to make games multi-platform

Not an exactly unbelievable statement.

I'd say it's more than likely to happen, especially considering even after the game's released they'll be including 256mb gfx card memory support to increase the gfx capabilities, enhancements for 128bit operating systems, and generally increasing performance and graphics by unlocking new features on DX8 or DX9 cards.

just thought sum1 would want to know, like nintendo fanboys who hang around here cause they want to play HL2 so bad, but dont want a new PC

I find using the term fanboy so immature and childish now.

If you like anything over something else it makes you a fan boy! I like Coca-Cola instead of Pepsi, does that make me a Coca-Cola fan boy? Uhhhh no.

anyone that plays half-life 2 on a console instead of a pc needs help.....

PC IS THE BEST SYSTEM BECAUSE:

1. mods
2. patches
3. internet access on the same system you play the games
4. better graphics
5. better sound
6. keyboard/mouse controls for FPS is the best
7. AA and AF

Did I mention mods?

And by the way, I had no idea that most PS2 games run at 640x480 until the other day. I laughed out loud.

Originally posted by d8cam

1. mods
2. patches
4. better graphics
5. better sound
7. AA and AF

Did I mention mods?

And by the way, I had no idea that most PS2 games run at 640x480 until the other day. I laughed out loud.

WOW! I totally didnt know any of that! Thanks!;)

Keep in mind that the Nintendo "N5" and the next Sony console will probably be released in 2006 (when in 2006, I have no idea).

That means we will get at least two years of playing HL2 before the next nintendo/sony consoles come out... if you want to play HL2 any time soon you will need an Xbox or a "BeigeBox."

1. mods
2. patches
4. better graphics
5. better sound
7. AA and AF
1. Possible with the XBox
2. Possible with the XBox
3. The XBox uses Cat-5 cables... so you can plug a cable modem directly into it.
4. The XBox has a modified nVidia video card... so it supports most of the graphical features of high-end computers.
5. It depends on your sound system... I would prefer a good home theater system.
6. A mouse is more precise than an analog stick... but an analog stick gives you more control over movement than a keyboard... so they both have trade-offs.
7. How do you think video games still look good at 480i (interlaced)?
... and if you have an HDTV and a game that supports it you can play at 480p (progressive), 720p, or 1080i.

Don't get me wrong. My computer gets around 75% of my gaming time... but I still like my consoles.

1. mods
2. patches
4. better graphics
5. better sound
7. AA and AF

Did I mention mods?

Yeah but a good computer is also ****ing expensive as hell compared to consoles. That's the only reason why people prefer consoles over PC's.

1. mods
2. patches
4. better graphics
5. better sound
7. AA and AF

Did I mention mods?

No... They won't need help. They'd just enjoy the experience on a piece of hardware they already have instead of spending £1200 on new stuff. Or, they don't have a PC. Or, they'll play it on both. I probably will.

I had the PS2 version of HL.

Still wouldnt ever get the XBox HL2. Apparently the newer PC games beig ported to XBox arent holding up to well. IGN said that Deus Ex 2 and Thief III both looked bad and ran at horrible rates. Besides, using a controller for a FPS aint the way to go

Well if with the dawn of new consoles in 2005, they need all the help they can get. Nintendo recently said they would stop producing consoles after 2004 but changed their minds. I like pc better but nintendo is a classic, they can just stop making consoles. For all those people out there that aren't reading this; that can't afford a computer well... HL2 is an experience you will be able to have.

Well bare in mind the XBox is pretty much equivalent to an P3/4 700MHz with a DX6/7/8 graphics processor and... 128(?)mb of ram. It's not the best console system ever. I think it's graphics processor is capable of better graphics than Sony and Nin but the other two run at faster rates and have better fps.

Originally posted by Bass
Still wouldnt ever get the XBox HL2. Apparently the newer PC games beig ported to XBox arent holding up to well. IGN said that Deus Ex 2 and Thief III both looked bad and ran at horrible rates. Besides, using a controller for a FPS aint the way to go

Maybe a smart console maker will include a mouse and keyboard as the default setup! =D

I really don't like to play fps on consoles.I like halo but was mad by the fact it wasn't for pc.I liked it so much I was going to buy an xbox just to play it.But when I heard it was coming out for pc....I was like screw xbox.So I'm not going buy hl2 for consoles.

But then effectively youd have a second rate, non upgradeable computer;)

EDIT: to original evil

Im a NIntendo FANBOY, an dno i dont want to play HL2 on any console, just because of the controlls, but stop bashing nintendo please.i cant take that :)

Im not bashing Nintendo, if for some reason I had to abandon PCs and only use consoles Id buy Nintendos.

What is so great about computers? Upgrading isn't always cheaper. If you want to play the latest games you still have to spend a lot more than if you were to just buy a whole new console... and that's just for a top-of-the-line video card!

1. mods
2. patches
4. better graphics
5. better sound
7. AA and AF

Did I mention mods?

most of those things can be done with a console too

Im not bashing Nintendo, if for some reason I had to abandon PCs and only use consoles Id buy Nintendos.

was talking to hunter ;)

Not most of them, but I'm guessing a lot more of them will appear in the next gen consoles.

I think it'd be pretty cool to see AA and AF options for consoles

Originally posted by Chris_D
Not most of them, but I'm guessing a lot more of them will appear in the next gen consoles.

I think it'd be pretty cool to see AA and AF options for consoles

All of them can be done with the XBox (except they don't want to release a mouse and keyboard for the XBox, because they don't want it to look like a computer)... but that's just because it is a cheap computer.

I have no idea why a third party manufacturer hasn't made keyboard/mouse combos for consoles, fps gamers would scoop them up faster than you can say "profits", and it might also open up the door for lots of rts games on consoles.

Originally posted by Sushi
I have no idea why a third party manufacturer hasn't made keyboard/mouse combos for consoles, fps gamers would scoop them up faster than you can say "profits", and it might also open up the door for lots of rts games on consoles.

A console with a mouse and keyboard is still a console

But then effectively youd have a second rate, non upgradeable computer;)

EDIT: to original evil

Who the hell cares! 200 dollars for a computer, doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. Besides a console is a console. Doesn't matter if it has a keyboard and mouse or not.

I have really liked some conmsole games over the years, Metal Gear series, the Street Fighter series, Jet Grind Radio, ICO etc. But an FPS is just not playable on a console (to me atleast).

The problem is the low resolution, other games look great in TV-Rez but FPS just suck ass. Half-Life 1 looked better on my 266Mhz AMD k6 than the Ps2 version.

Not to mention the shitty sound, shittier controllers, and constant loading times of playing FPS on a console.

Besides, for Doom3 and Halflife2 non the consoles will really be able to cut it, even the Xbox versions will be toned down severely.

Everybody will eventually need to get a computer, and most new computers today are capable of running HL2 with decent frame rates, so if people are eventually going to get a computer anyway then why should they get HL2 on the X-box when it will probably be much more limited in terms of mods, graphics and multiplayer?

PC is the way to go, if you don't have a computer that can run HL2 and you don't plan on getting one then yes get HL2 on X-box, but sooner or later you are going to have to get a new PC then your going to be stuck with those console games that were also released on the PC.

Originally posted by manny_c44
I have really liked some conmsole games over the years, Metal Gear series, the Street Fighter series, Jet Grind Radio, ICO etc. But an FPS is just not playable on a console (to me atleast).

The problem is the low resolution, other games look great in TV-Rez but FPS just suck ass. Half-Life 1 looked better on my 266Mhz AMD k6 than the Ps2 version.

Not to mention the shitty sound, shittier controllers, and constant loading times of playing FPS on a console.

Besides, for Doom3 and Halflife2 non the consoles will really be able to cut it, even the Xbox versions will be toned down severely.

DUDE, you are missing the whole god damn point. What about the people that can't afford a 1,000 computer?! Bring Doom3 and Hl2 out on the consoles, who the hell cares?! Let some console players experience what we are going to experience. Just because they make gay pron doesnt mean you have to buy it.

PC is definitely the way to go. Although, PC's as we know them now wont be the same in 10 years time.

I mean you look at the technology they are coming out with now. Like tablet PC's. Also, who knows in ten years we (by we i don't mean everyone) might even have gotten rid of the stupid Qwerty keyboard.

Using a mouse and keyboard might be something of a novelty (Not exactly the right word but nevermind) rather than anything practical.

I thought the PS2 hl didnt look to bad on the TV actually.

I also dont see why its such a lie to have games like Hl2 coming out on consoles.

I heard about the Xbox struggling with the Thief 3 and Deus Ex 2 demo's too. Apparantly it didn't even look near as good as the pc versions but it still struggled lol. I could definitly not play either of these 2 games on Xbox, it would ruin the immersion factor which makes these two games what they are.

I'm sorry but that comment about the immersion factor was (although understandable) a bit silly. I mean, Hl2 looks kinda crappy compared to a lot of games coming out. Yet when you played it you still felt very much in the game.

Originally posted by Farrowlesparrow
I'm sorry but that comment about the immersion factor was (although understandable) a bit silly. I mean, Hl2 looks kinda crappy compared to a lot of games coming out. Yet when you played it you still felt very much in the game.

Excuse me? =\ HL2 ugly?

Originally posted by Farrowlesparrow

What games does HL2 look crappy compared too?? Theres games like Doom 3 and Far Cry which are slighty better looking visually, but not enough to justify a "crappy" rating for HL2.

Back