HackCam - Watch the video.

Ames

Reaction score
http://www.the-space.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4465

Excuse me if this has already been posted, search turned up nothing.

Ahem.

Anyways, this is a video preview of HackCam, designed by OutofAmmo to catch cheaters not by scanning for cheat files, but by looking at the effects of hacking.

Yes, I know it's for CS:S, but it needs to be seen.

edit: now on NS forums...hmmmm...yesh.

Could someone explain what this is supposed to do? That just looked like a vid of a wallhack :p

Thanks for the link Shens. Truly F*cking amazing. We are SO going to run this on our server.
EDIT: Computer 5k, look in the top left of the screen - It's a program that basically catches cheaters depending on if they are aiming through walls or having low reacoil - Auto aim scripts and stuff. It's not a hack so VAC doesn't pick it up, but it can detect when creepy stuff is happening.

First of all, for anybody that asks about the music it's Passive by Perfect Circle.

Now, I'm kinda hesitant about it. It seems to be a good idea, also how much resources will the program be taking up?

Also I'm really sceptical about the preaim cheat, since if you know a map well enough, you know where people ussualy hide before you enter a room (if you've played long enough :D).

Yeah, I'm a little confused of what this was...is this a program that applies hacks to demos after they are recorded to give the viewer a better idea if the person being specced in the demo is hacking?

Malfunction said:
Yeah, I'm a little confused of what this was...is this a program that applies hacks to demos after they are recorded to give the viewer a better idea if the person being specced in the demo is hacking?

I think it is real time, so it looks at anything that is superhuman in your performance basically as you play.

Looks cool, but yeah I agree not only do people that have been playing the game for a long time kknow where ppl hide in a room, alot also has good enough sound to hear when the enemy is coming closer and let you just sit and wait for the exact time when they popup and you can get them wuite easily. :)

ooooh... this looks sweet. As always, however, I worry about innocent people being incorrectly labelled as hackers- however, as long as the program is well made, this shouldn't happen.

Brilliant, i would get banned alot for, Above Average Reflexs though.... and Lag Shots, :/. Still, it learns, and hackers are going to be stunned for a long time by this

This. Is. The. Coolest. Thing. Ever.

I love all the symptoms!! The most impressive ones are above average reflex and reaction to unknown. That is so freakin' cool. It even has severety levels for them!

I just want to watch those cams all day. Me want more footage :)

Mmmm, it would be cool if there was a program that could connect to cams live, and then you can watch hackers in progress, be so sweet!

Fliko said:
Mmmm, it would be cool if there was a program that could connect to cams live, and then you can watch hackers in progress, be so sweet!
Yeah, that's exactly what I want!

I wish I owned a server so I could watch hackers and enjoy the pleasure that is banning them :devil:

Wow, that was a REALLY cool video!

The bright-colored skins look really cool, if it wasn't something that gave such a large advantage I would use them. Perhaps in an AMX mod.

I love how it shows what the player is suspected of using.

The part where the person with the M3 and "suspected recoil compensation" or whatever is shown, I didn't even notice and had to rewatch it to see his gun twitch down.

Some of the "lockbot" scenes I didn't even notice!

This is definately going to be useful.

vegeta897 said:
Yeah, that's exactly what I want!

I wish I owned a server so I could watch hackers and enjoy the pleasure that is banning them :devil:

Personnally the real pleasure is in letting them go "OMG I R0x0r u all sux my cox! !!!!1111oneoneoneeleve!!!!!cox!" and then going "You don't, you cheating scum-tard" and then banning them.

that was really nice. Rather intelligent....well made. Props to the creators!

looks good. quite impressed by "reaction to unknown" where the hacker hides or does something strange cos they can see an enemy through the wall, just around the next corner...

This program will never work or will i ever use it. If you have ever played with good people, that program would say HIGH CHANCE WALLHACK or ABOVE AVG REFLEX every 2 secs. Wtf is that? High chance wallhack? LMFAO. Whoevers idea this was nice try but seriously think alittle.

Dude, this is shit. Its good and all, but its mostly wrong.

"reacting to unknow" Well, that unknown is SOUND, when you hear foot steps.

Also, you ALWAYs....ALWAYS, shot throught a door before you enter it.....

And you ALWAYS take chance shot "to fast reaction" my ass, that was a "Guess Shot"

If this is released and every server uses it, then the game will be destroyed....those which are good will be known as Cheaters but they are not...the thought are good, BUT, a Computer CANT understand how a Human reacts and state its cheating/non-cheating.

I am releasing a CS video of my pro skills....and all my skills will be "BANNED" if this SHIT is released!

Ravioli said:
Dude, this is shit. Its good and all, but its mostly wrong.

"reacting to unknow" Well, that unknown is SOUND, when you hear foot steps.

Also, you ALWAYs....ALWAYS, shot throught a door before you enter it.....

And you ALWAYS take chance shot "to fast reaction" my ass, that was a "Guess Shot"

If this is released and every server uses it, then the game will be destroyed....those which are good will be known as Cheaters but they are not...the thought are good, BUT, a Computer CANT understand how a Human reacts and state its cheating/non-cheating.

I am releasing a CS video of my pro skills....and all my skills will be "BANNED" if this SHIT is released!

Since when did you always shoot through a door before going through it? Doesn't that just alert the person on the other side of the door? The 'reaction to unknown' thing would have taken sound into account, too.

To be fair, the program did seem intelligent in distinguishing between human reactions and good 'ol haxxors. The only problem I can see is with experienced players, like people before have mentioned - I always let off a few shots into the car/crates of B in dust2 :)

Yeah, though it would be a useful tool for an admin to watch how the players behave, it definitely wouldn't work as something fully automated.

I think this would only be useful as a tool. Course stuff like recoil, and obvious knowledge of who is where could be automaticly banned after 2 or 3 times caught.

Meh, I don't know what this whole anti-cheating scheme is all aboot. Seems to me, if they do cheat, they go way overboard with it and it becomes blatantly obvious. And if they keep it subtle, they're just someone that takes a little more attention to kill them. I get bored with the predictability of most players, and competing against an enemy who has advantage over you just makes the experience more worth while.

Blatant cheaters (auto-aim + wallhack + speed) == bad.
Sutble cheaters (wallhack and/or color models) == good challenge.

I don't play Cstrike to win every time. I want a challenge and a good adversary, someone who has a step above me but is still killable.

Pesmerga said:
Meh, I don't know what this whole anti-cheating scheme is all aboot. Seems to me, if they do cheat, they go way overboard with it and it becomes blatantly obvious. And if they keep it subtle, they're just someone that takes a little more attention to kill them. I get bored with the predictability of most players, and competing against an enemy who has advantage over you just makes the experience more worth while.

Blatant cheaters (auto-aim + wallhack + speed) == bad.
Sutble cheaters (wallhack and/or color models) == good challenge.

I don't play Cstrike to win every time. I want a challenge and a good adversary, someone who has a step above me but is still killable.
QFE, If you can't easily tell that someone is hacking, then why bother banning them? They will just seem like another player, that is a little better than everyone else, but by no means ruin the game.

You would get a few problems if there was lag, and if people had their sensitivity up really high; or with both.

Looks cool indeed, but also don't think its gonna work that great

i mean, you have lucky shots, reactions to sounds (5.1/6.1/7.1 boxes any one?) etc....

Looks good to me. But does this kick and ban people on it's own or is it a tool for helping admins?

I think it's just a tool to help the admins determine if a player is cheater or just damn lucky/skilled (mostly like the former)

I like how it was able to see even the slightest trace of a hack. Like it could tell if there was an odd shot. very nice

Aiming through walls? Thats easy to do without hacking... ITs called intuition. a) maps are predictable...we know where you hide b) surround sound gives great aiming abbilities (or even better on a good pair of headphones). c) its not hard to turn at a rate of which an enemy is running down the hallway... if you know the direction of the hallway and the speed of the guy, its simple to follow em even when they aren't seen.

Reaction times can be lower if you are anticipating the enemy, and when coupled with good prediction skills, you can get under 4ms... but thats because you knew he was comming, so you fire at the right point for the shot to go off when he just peaks around the corner.

Low recoil? you can coutner that with mouse movements, a freind of mine does it so well that he doesn't waver at all when he fires... even on my computer (Which i'm sure doesen't have hacks).

Lag can do wonders if you can compensate for it.

I hope this program doesn't blur the lines between skill and hacks...

EDIT:
Offical Forum said:
Q:My server/clan/admins would love this utility. How can we get a hold of it?

A:Simply put, you can't. There are several reasons for this, the major one being a deal in the process with a gaming manufacturer to purchase and license the HC engine system for release in future games under development. Other reasons include the fact that the DLL system being used in the 1.6 version is over 500MB (yes, 0.5GB) in size. I'm certainly not going to let every person and their pet monkey download a file that size off of my small pipe, even with mirrors.
http://www.az-prod.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=104

Booooo
:(

it all looks fishy to me. I love some of the crap comming out of CS players mouths and personally im not saying some of the great players out there are cheats. but there is a stigma in the CS community were you cannot call someone a cheat any longer because they just say " im good "

and ive met a few of those people at lan parties and they are no where near as good at the party, but booze is blamed for that!

as for the program... server bandwith limitations and programming requirements of such a facility lead me to believe its possibly just a massive hoax. in other words.. ill believe it when I see it running on a server. if its already coded for CSSource you would release it to show your possible buyer that the product is working. this "group" hasnt.

"Do you smell that rodney?... Yes Del. Its Bull sh1t"

Andy018 said:
as for the program... server bandwith limitations and programming requirements of such a facility lead me to believe its possibly just a massive hoax. in other words.. ill believe it when I see it running on a server. if its already coded for CSSource you would release it to show your possible buyer that the product is working. this "group" hasnt.

"Do you smell that rodney?... Yes Del. Its Bull sh1t"

The server side application is scoring only I think, no the visual that you see in the video. Version 5 will be a client version, and will be able to review demo's, and possibly in dead/spec mode...

I play on the servers that it was developed on, and we use it heavily to review cheaters... And for those of you that say you can watch a demo, and catch a cheater, you'd be suprised... We had a player that was respected, There was a demo floating around that ppl generally agreed that he was legit... Couple of times he got lucky, but nothing too fishy... After using HackCam, and the movie version was released to the community, everyone agreed that he was cheating... He later admitted he did...

Here is the link to the discussion summary, Q&A about it...

Also, the Group, is one guy, OutOfAmmo, and he isn't trying to get money from the community or anything like that... He hasn't released it since he is now working under an NDA with a major game maker... Possibly for inclusion into thier products...

Most of those people weren't hacking if they have some CAL experience.

Experienced people will:

1. Aim where people will move into, not at walls. This helps you make the smallest correction possible and ups your reaction time.
2. Listen to every sound possible. Listening to sound is just as important as aiming.
3. Look at the radar. Radar + sound = half a wall hack basically. It's really easy to pick out people if they stomp around and move like lemmings.
4. Aim before you shoot. Most CS players just shoot as soon as they see something. Good CS players line up their shots first then shoot.
5. Have a good knowledge about timing and camping spots. If you know these two you can prefire on obvious spots and get easy kills.

I haven't seen too many cheaters in CS:S yet, other than the obvious speed/aimbot. It's just a humbling experience for most players to see someone better than them, and instead of learning from that player, they choose to yell about hacks. If you think you are the best player in the world or that no one can make that shot or that it's impossible to do this or that, then you will never get better.

Back