HackCam - Watch the video.

Yeah it's not a hoax. He's been working on it and other stuff like that for 16 years. He's built up algorithms that can work out if people can see what they aren't meant to. It takes sound, the players view, his current disposition (Just come out of a battle and you'll be more reactive). It's really impressive. I've been following his forums since I saw the video now.

If this comes through as promised, the developer does actually deserve to be a millionaire. Think if he elimated the majority of cheating in the worlds most popular online game? Damn...And this really looks like the best way of doing it.

If it gets tweaked accordingly, oh dear god. This guy deserves some real credit

dekstar said:
Yeah it's not a hoax. He's been working on it and other stuff like that for 16 years. He's built up algorithms that can work out if people can see what they aren't meant to. It takes sound, the players view, his current disposition (Just come out of a battle and you'll be more reactive). It's really impressive. I've been following his forums since I saw the video now.

Got a link to the forum? I really want to give this guy a thumbs up. I'd be so happy if he sells his idea to Valve or someone and they implemented it.

Oh-dear-****ing-god! People who are bit weary about it, the guy has REALLY put some thought into it. You won't get a HS through a door and get banned.

It's pretty cool, too bad Valve didn't think of an anti-cheat like this.

Gunner said:
It's pretty cool, too bad Valve didn't think of an anti-cheat like this.

VALVe is going the 110% sure route, this is more like "less than 100% sure". Of course if someone bunnyhops with AWM and shoots only headshots while taunting at public chat it's pretty obvious that the one person is cheating but in case of intuition and basically knowing the maps (most of them has been around for like 5 years now in one form or another, please don't say you don't know every single camping spot in them already) it's not a very good way to detect cheaters.

About the vid...most of the "pre-aim" and "pre-shoot" detections seem to be matching my personal aiming and shooting habits, "above average reflexes" or something like that are actually slower than one of my friend's reflexes (he has only 62ms neural response time, measured by doctors - normal is more like 120-250). Besides OGC 6.12 (that's couple of years old) did the very same thing shown in this vid and it was only like 380kB :p

oh god, i will be so pissed if this gets into any retail games...
it looks pretty poor, some people were blatantly not cheating, and it came up with all this shit about above average reflexes

I really liked it, you should read the forums, everyone says the same things you do.

Basically he says there will be spots that of course everyone will check, and the program will check "has there been someone there before?" "was there fighting there recently?" "did one of your teammtes die there recently?" "did you hear a sound of an enemy switching weapons, reloading, etc etc?" and then it also checks to see how accurate you are to the actual enemy... I mean if you go around the corner, and your crosshair is pinned on the head of the enemy, there could be foul play.

He also says that he _knows_ that some normal players will get penalized. And he said that he has run it by CAL demos, the top guys, and they get an average of 65 "points" so he says the magic number is 85... So if you get like 15 points, don't worry...

Oh, and things like "above average reflexes" and all that, those get like one or two points added, not a whole lot!

Okay Para, first of all Valve isn't doing shit. Their method of detection always lags behind and CS:S has been without VAC for over six months. Sure it works, if you're using cheats from a year ago. And you didn't pay any attention to the video, watch it again in slow motion if you have to, but it can tell the difference between someone lining up a shot before going through a door and someone "pre-aiming".

I suppose it has to be said that it's in the interests of the leet haxxors etc to protest against this type of s/w. Not that I'm suggesting anything you understand.

isis said:
oh god, i will be so pissed if this gets into any retail games...
it looks pretty poor, some people were blatantly not cheating, and it came up with all this shit about above average reflexes
Obviously you haven't even bothered to read the forums (www.az-prod.com). It's all point based. Sure if you have above average reflexes it'll give you a point or two but it won't go "OMFG HES WALL HACKING BECAUSE HIS REACTIONS ARE 62ms!!!! BAN HIMZ0R!!!".
It'll note them down for later use. If you exhibit other weird behaviour (Reacting to the unknown or aiming at people constantly through walls) then it'll up your score.
The golden 85 mark is the difference between sure hacking and amazing players (as a reference, the highest a CAL player has scored is about 68 on his tests).
That's when your own judgement comes in. Do you ban him because he's aiming and firing through walls? Does he prefire round walls where there's only an enemy, not when one isn't present? It just helps identify hackers, it isn't a sure preogram.

so please read up on it before flaming, to stop yourself looking like a complete Cretin.

-Dekstar

Gunner said:
Okay Para, first of all Valve isn't doing shit. Their method of detection always lags behind and CS:S has been without VAC for over six months. Sure it works, if you're using cheats from a year ago. And you didn't pay any attention to the video, watch it again in slow motion if you have to, but it can tell the difference between someone lining up a shot before going through a door and someone "pre-aiming".

So you rather ban some people who just might be better than you and/or may have a good day than be 110% sure that only real cheaters are caught? Apparently you truly are a CS player.

Btw, I just played two rounds of Natural Selection. In first I made so crazy moves all the time that I bet I would've gotten the necessary "85 detection points" or whatever they're called since all I was basically doing was turning around 180 degrees shooting one shot and always killing someone from close- to mid range. I also shot a lot of vents, "pre-aimed" basically everything etc. etc.

*add the usual rants, pros and cons of VAC's delayed ban system here*

It sounds like it's pretty flipping hard to score that high Para. I know that the cheaters will all be claiming super-human reflexes but they've been doing that ever since they started getting caught. No system will be perfect but this is a really original way of looking at the problem and it seems to work.

Para said:
So you rather ban some people who just might be better than you and/or may have a good day than be 110% sure that only real cheaters are caught? Apparently you truly are a CS player.

Btw, I just played two rounds of Natural Selection. In first I made so crazy moves all the time that I bet I would've gotten the necessary "85 detection points" or whatever they're called since all I was basically doing was turning around 180 degrees shooting one shot and always killing someone from close- to mid range. I also shot a lot of vents, "pre-aimed" basically everything etc. etc.

*add the usual rants, pros and cons of VAC's delayed ban system here*
Why don't you see for yourself? If you're so determined you'll get 85 detection points because you think you're that good and that it'll fail, play some CSS and demo it and send the demo to Azhole at www.az-prod.com and he'll look over it and give you a score. It won't be over 60, I bet.

Just because there was _1_ unnatural reflexes or chance of wallhack, does not mean they are cheating. If the HackCam is going wacko with these things then that person is definetly cheating.

Ultimape said:
I hope this program doesn't blur the lines between skill and hacks...
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking! I would get banned probably a lot if this was out about 1-2yrs ago, when I actually played well. I only saw one hacker in that video and that was when saw the guy walking above. For all I care, the others could have been just skilled players. At least from what that video showed.

Good idea though. Just hope it doesn't get abused or used without good understanding.

Crash Happy said:
Unless he cheats of course... tee hee.

Nah, not me :) I actually had to cheat just before Steam official launch because some lameass warezd00d had my cdkey in use and I wanted to give him a suprise. :p (so I dug up the most blatant not C-D/VAC-proof hack I could find and got banned in 20 minutes...)

The point? After Steam all cdkeys and ban lists were resetted but since the warezd00d (which I tracked down) actually bought the game in this point we both now had working cdkeys.

But anyways, both j4s[p] and Asus are very close to what this program will really do. CS/CS:S players are all so gullible, dumb or both that they will suspect just about everyone they see just because they hear about this new incredible antihack tool that works better than anything VALVe has done just because VALVe sucks just like Microsoft and vacuums.

9/10 people reading the paragraph above won't get the point, but I don't really care.

Also, there wil be loads of situations where you know theres a guy hiding somewhere, but the 'hackcam' won't. For example, is it gonna listen in to your teamspeak and recognise if someone says 'thers a dude hiding behind that box'

isis said:
Also, there wil be loads of situations where you know theres a guy hiding somewhere, but the 'hackcam' won't. For example, is it gonna listen in to your teamspeak and recognise if someone says 'thers a dude hiding behind that box'
Well you shouldn't be on TS anyway on a public server. It is considered Cheating (Or "Ghosting") to do it on a pub server. :dozey:

And Para, there's a chance that this will work so well that VALVe buys the rights and uses it as an addon to VAC2. But VAC2's gonna blow our socks off anyway so this can be a filler in ;)

Back