hacks on steam...

X

XenoSpirit

Cz has been out what how long? its allreaddy cheat or be cheated like 1.5 on norm cs!!!! evrey server i join thare allways 1-2 ppl useing a script or something else!!! i just got done 1 v 1 on a "SECURE SERVER" with a dumbass cheat... i walked the whole time evrey time i whent someplace and evrey time i got to my destination he was either in the perfect place camping the path i was WALKING on!! or comeing up behind me then hsing me! so i did some tests on him... the guy sounded 19 on his mic and i knew hed be watching the way i was comeing so on italy im awping from stair window... i know hes right behind that cornor watching me threw the wall, i act like im going to the tunnel window but i dubble back 1quick step and hes poked out from behind the cornor and crouched readdy to shoot me!! i was walking the whole time i was doing this... and evrey time he missed the shots allways folowed me no matter witch direction i whent in anyways valve needs to fix thare anti-cheat shit bad... anyone can log onto steam with hacks now... you got have to do is embed / hide the file from VAC and your in

its true some morons still cheat (using hacks other people made)
but the risk is much greater now....
if you get caught you get banned... simple.
sooner or later they are gonna get caught, and slowly people will start realising that cheating isnt worth the price of getting your steam account banned

Valve are pretty damn good at releasing vac updates to counter new cheats that show up. Play on decent servers with a solid admin team (like bygames, i miss those days ;( ) and your fine, any cheat that shows up gets removed soon enough :)

Onions said:
Valve are pretty damn good at releasing vac updates to counter new cheats that show up. Play on decent servers with a solid admin team (like bygames, i miss those days ;( ) and your fine, any cheat that shows up gets removed soon enough :)
and whats even cooler, is the players that cheat are being removed too ;D

There still are cheats, yes. But a lot less. 98% of the cheats are caught now, and this isn't a random number =)

Recent VAC updates have all but eradicated cheats on secure servers. It's only a matter of time before they resurface though.

If only they would IP ban cheaters, not just cd-key. They shouldn't get anymore chances at a game if they used cheats online. That is in my opinion the lamest possible thing someone can do in an online game. Just completely pathetic.

I realised that hacking is no good wen i got banned untill 2008 a couple years ago...but lucky... the BAN just got of after a year.... i never cheated again

At least 98% of the players who get accused of cheating aren't.
The vast majority of CS players are nubs who freak out whenever someone kills them.

Cheating itself isn't a big issue anymore, but it created so much paranoia, you're always asking yourself if that guy that shot you was cheating, in my head I'm always suspecting some people of cheating, and some people even go 'OMG si teh cheats0rz' on the server.

That will take a long time to go away :(

seems like the only maps i see real obvious cheating in are maps like fy_iceworld. i'm real careful about calling out cheaters, i make sure to watch at least 10 rounds or so of the cheater from their first person view before coming out and accusing them of shit. this one dude was getting headshots through walls, and you could see his crosshairs tracking up to a head, and then vibrating there ... real weird stuff. i see lots of cheaters on like... german and french servers, too. meh oh well.

Soundwave said:
If only they would IP ban cheaters, not just cd-key. They shouldn't get anymore chances at a game if they used cheats online. That is in my opinion the lamest possible thing someone can do in an online game. Just completely pathetic.

So what happens to me when a cheater on my ISP, which has dynamic IP's, cheats. It bans the ISPs IP range and I'm banned to? Or should it ban his IP, so he can still play (New ip by redialling) and I can't join a game every 100th time I dial cos I've got the IP he cheated on?

What if he keeps redialing and doing it? He could lock out all the IPs and then I can't run HL either. You can't IP ban.

I think they should get as many chances to cheat as they like, by buying a new copy (Which they do). Each time, they are tucking 5 quid into valves back pocket, which can't be a bad thing, so let em carry on. They always get caught eventually. :)

Why ban ip's? banning accounts is much simpler and works very well. All those "haxors" who allegedly have ten thousands cdkeys have mostly disappeared. I haven't seen a cheater in over two months now =)

Snakebyte said:
At least 98% of the players who get accused of cheating aren't.
The vast majority of CS players are nubs who freak out whenever someone kills them.

This has been my experience as well. i remember when i was new i didnt understand how people were so good, that was over 3 years ago. when you start to get better you realize people are just very good and know the map so well. im accused of cheating on a daily basis and i see other people accused of cheating more than a few times. everyone has to understand that there will always be someone better...sometimes a lot better. i admin a server and have only banned 2 or 3 people for cheating in the last 3 months. cheaters for the most part are fairly obvious, rarely do good players cheat.

lol, I haven't played CS 1 night for the past 2 weeks without a cheater in the server. I've noticed speed hacks and autoaim/autofire hacks alot more often lately
Just last night some dude had a Speedhack, Wallhack, Aimbot+Firebot.... it was really pathetic considering he wiped out the entire enemy team in about 10 seconds with 100% headshots...lol

Soundwave said:

Getting round a IP ban is insanely easier than having to buy another copy of the game.

Back