*****Half Life 2: Aftermath**** Expansion pack coming summer

There're no scans on the net yet...how many pictures were there? Two of AM and one of The Lost Coast?

4 large screens of, AM, Two pages of lost coast, and some of day of defeat source.

Harper also admits l;ater Gamer's feature that he's "desperate" to work on a mod based on Lemarr, the little headcrab
haha you people got what you wanted...oh dear me.
Shodan get on msn damn it!

I have them, I'm not gonna post them,

BTW I have an email address, just incase you didn't know :)

Shodan said:
OK I have the pics,
I can see no evidence of gordon from the screenshots(HEV suit arm etc) but alyx is there, the physgun (garrysmod, E3) stalkers look like they will be a bigger part this time, but the citadel is still standing, also there are screens of the lost coast, the graphics look insanely good.

Pc gamer seem to think you will play as gordon.

My theory, the gman actually stopped or froze or even reversed the explosion, saving gordon and alyx.

Actually, if look at the massive picture of Alyx in the Citadel. There's an HEV suit crosshair slap bang in the middle of it, with a large circle around it. You do play as Gordon.

the funker said:
Actually, if look at the massive picture of Alyx in the Citadel. There's an HEV suit crosshair slap bang in the middle of it, with a large circle around it. You do play as Gordon.

Well, now we know.

I don't really see how there's any doubt that you play as Gordon.

"You've done critical damage to the Citadel."

followed by

"You and Alyx are leading the flight from the city"

You obviously play as the one who did critical damage to the citadel. And I seem to remember that was Gordon :)

awwwww....... i was hoping it would be the 7-hour war as Adrian Shephard.. aftermath??. it will be a short game, .. whats the deal with that

I believe you may play as Dog, or Barney, either would be fun, Dog would be the funnest IMO, Barney would fit more into the story, who knows.

EDIT: Crosshair doesn't mean anything, because I have a HEV crosshair on a different game, or a mod, doesn't mean I'm Gordon, :LOL:

Fliko said:
Crosshair doesn't mean anything, because I have a HEV crosshair on a different game, or a mod, doesn't mean I'm Gordon, :LOL:
True, true. Theoretically anyone could climb into an HEV suit and start handing out the pain.

Isn't the rule that 'anything Valve makes you are Gordon'. That's why Gearbox made HL expansions that didn't feture him?

I get the feeling C17 not being what it used to means that it'll no longer be a place where Humans can live but a place where the dimension rip has dropped a load of weird beasties all over the area. Roll on the Summer - HL2AM and GTA:SA. Could life be any sweeter?

Fliko said:
I believe you may play as Dog, or Barney, either would be fun, Dog would be the funnest IMO, Barney would fit more into the story, who knows.

EDIT: Crosshair doesn't mean anything, because I have a HEV crosshair on a different game, or a mod, doesn't mean I'm Gordon, :LOL:

How about this then: Tim, who wrote the article, sits beside me in the office. I just asked him and his words were: "You play as Gordon". He asked Valve when he was there.

the funker said:
How about this then: Tim, who wrote the article, sits beside me in the office. I just asked him and his words were: "You play as Gordon". He asked Valve when he was there.

You've just wrecked about 3 months worth of pointless internet arguments.

Valve **** yeah come to save the mother****ing day yeah^-^
Ah Im so happy

Its quite possible you wont be Gordon. He could have been taken away by Gman again, and it could be Barney and Alyx fighting down on the ground, but then if Alyx went all the way down from the top of the citadel, then so could Gordon right? I had a theory few weeks ago that the portal blew up and the explosion on the top of the tower also sucked in the explosion to the combine world, so basically city 17 just gets a little bit owned by the intial blasts. Although im not a big fan of Adrian, its possible he could be brought back by Gman. (or not hehe, Gordon woot!)

Also with all the animals on the outskirts of the city, was the bullsquid (in the leak and raising the bar story pages) so im hoping for some new enemies, as well as maybe some new guns. And possibly cremators. With the creatures killing the rebels and combine, theres gonna be someone killing the aliens and cleaning up the mess. So i reckon thats a likely possibility. I wanted more Aliens in HL2, and i guess that we are gonna get them now. I can't wait. And as ive always maintained...i knew Alyx would live.

Feath said:
You've just wrecked about 3 months worth of pointless internet arguments.

Heh. It felt good as well, dagnamnit.

I've e-mailed a high-res version to Chris_D for you guys to get a look, but here's what the PCGUK cover looks like. G-Man looks quite smug, I think.

Attachments

• PCG148 cover.jpg
    PCG148 cover.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 470
Awesome! thanks for the picture, whens this edition out? I don't usually buy it, but this is a must have. (in the UK i mean, out already? zoooom)

My favourite bit, which isn't actually mentioned in the Eurogamer piece, is the interview I did with the DoD: Source guys. They're a hilarious bunch. I hope you guys enjoy it.

I've also sat down with Bill Fletcher, Marc Laidlaw and Bill Van Buren, to talk about how they build characters, and some of their storytellign techniques. It's fascinating stuff. We're going to print most of it in a forthcoming issue, which should be ace.

Cheers,

Tim,
PCG

Hectic Glenn said:
Awesome! thanks for the picture, whens this edition out? I don't usually buy it, but this is a must have. (in the UK i mean, out already? zoooom)

Official on-sale date is the 14th, but who knows in this crazy age?

Cool! But if we do play as gordon, I can't help but think it of as half-life 2.5 rather than just an expansion pack. All the past expansions we've played as another character (A. Shepard, Barney)

FoB_Ed said:
Cool! But if we do play as gordon, I can't help but think it of as half-life 2.5 rather than just an expansion pack. All the past expansions we've played as another character (A. Shepard, Barney)
I don't see any problems with that, im thankful for what we are getting from valve most of the time. I just read the DOD bit...this Adrian Finol guy sounds like a god, he made HL2DM...my idol!
Cheers pc gamer people for discussing the stuff here.

The Lost Coast specs are ridiculous...about 100 people can run that. Gold burner looks awesome.

I reckon the stalkers won't be allies now they are free. I reckon they'll just attack EVERYTHING alive, i'd be pretty pissed off if i had my organs removed.

Oh and pc gamer guys, that blue beam isn't a new grav gun...its the hydra! :LOL:

the funker said:
Hmmm, that's queer.
I'd assumed that the G-Man had "requisitioned" you, so to speak, so as to assign you to another "project" at a later date - that's what his speech implied to me, anyway.
<Duffman voice> el Chi - assumes a lotta things. Oooh yeeeah.

Well, this should be interesting.

I hope you're not Gordon. He's gone to the highest bidder. I doubt the resistance have enough to give the g-man.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
No alyx expansion! Summer release! Probably new monsters and guns and everything!
Goddamnit, these are the best news in months. But the downside is that the hype is really starting to build up all over again...

lol i was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO late,was gona start a thread ,anyway,reading it now

bolox i knew i shoulda went and bought pcgamer today,oh well im an idiot

the funker said:
Official on-sale date is the 14th, but who knows in this crazy age?

Ahh the joys of subscriptions.... :smoking:

wow i just spotted this thread, so.. slim it down, basically its gonna be like, gordon dissapear's.. and then you play as alyx.. or something like that when the explosion happens.. events afterwards etc? sounds cool if i got that right.

corkscru74 said:
Roll on the Summer - HL2AM and GTA:SA. Could life be any sweeter?
lol dont forget fear but yeah i agree,good times ahead

Valve say it's going be out in the Summer?

I guess I'd better put it down on my Christmas list then.

Feath said:
Valve say it's going be out in the Summer?

I guess I'd better put it down on my Christmas list then.
This year or next year?

Let's stop the stupid delay jokes now :p

the funker said:
Heh. It felt good as well, dagnamnit.

I've e-mailed a high-res version to Chris_D for you guys to get a look, but here's what the PCGUK cover looks like. G-Man looks quite smug, I think.

oh...sssnap! :E
Just when I'm gettin' a new compy, too...excellent timing. ^_^

Damn.. I thought I would be ready for the lost coast levels..

I'm at a 2.8 ghz 800 fsb, 1 gig pc-3200 dual channel, and a XFX 6800 GT..

I guess I'll have to overclock my 2.8ghz to 3.2 ghz :]

huh?.... why, HDR wont need mega super computers, it comes with a bunch of settings, like on that HDR demo with the skull, you can surely optimise the setting comprimise with performance whilst still producing lovely visual's. maxing out HDR settings, reflections, AF, and light filter's makes it ultra nice, while it sucks your frame rates dry, valve will include different setting levels, so you can experiance HDR on varying levels of hardware.. dont think for a second that you need a beast of a machine to get some decent framerates :) , basically dont worry.

3.2GHz?!?! thank god for AMD being able to compete and (sometimes) beat higher speed Intels...

BlackDahlia said:
oh...sssnap! :E
Just when I'm gettin' a new compy, too...excellent timing. ^_^

lucky u :)
would throw quite an interesting curve into the storyline if say Adrian Shepherd was there in civilian clothes.

let the rumours begin!! :)

Back