*****Half Life 2: Aftermath**** Expansion pack coming summer

If you were gonna play as Gordon they should just call it Half Life 3...I don't care who you are either way, Vavle makes great games.

Anyone know how Gordon and Alyx escape? Seems as though Valve is breaking away from tradition and continuing expansions as Gordon. Therefore every hl number is based on location (hl1 blackmesa)(hl2 c17)(hl3 ???)

:eek:
Megalomaniac said:
If you were gonna play as Gordon they should just call it Half Life 3...I don't care who you are either way, Vavle makes great games.

The reason it is HL2 Expansion is becuz for it to be HL3 they would need a better graphics engine... (Yea really) HL1, Bad graphics... (was good in 1998 tho) HL2 (Probally be crap graphics in 10 years time :cheers: ) HL3, The Graphics then... will be so real u wont be able to distinguish the difference between Half life 3 and reality :eek: :eek:

People will get up from sleep and be like "Woah, did I just wake up in Real-Life, or Half-Life?"

em...hopefully.

Sufferin-rebel said:
:eek:

The reason it is HL2 Expansion is becuz for it to be HL3 they would need a better graphics engine... (Yea really) HL1, Bad graphics... (was good in 1998 tho) HL2 (Probally be crap graphics in 10 years time :cheers: ) HL3, The Graphics then... will be so real u wont be able to distinguish the difference between Half life 3 and reality :eek: :eek:
Nah, they'll use Source 1.9 or something.

Omg if Aftermath takes place the instant after half-life 2 what will gordon use as a weapon? No crowbar! WOOT! I was getting sick of that thing.. Guess he still has the blue gravity gun.

Actually I think he looks alot cooler, and yes you play as gordon.. I hope gordon gets a katana since his crowbar got disintegrated.

This brings me to think.. how did Barney get your crowbar in hl1?!? I don't remember Gordon dropping it..

special-ed said:
This brings me to think.. how did Barney get your crowbar in hl1?!? I don't remember Gordon dropping it..

I thought the Gman disposed of it, as he did your other weapons.

As for the HEV suit, Gordon was wearing it at the end of the game, but starting HL2, there was nothing

Another question, does hl2 take place on that same horrible day at blackmesa (but in the future) once gordon kills nihilianth?

special-ed said:
Another question, does hl2 take place on that same horrible day at blackmesa (but in the future) once gordon kills nihilianth?
that question dosn't even diserve a responce

special-ed said:
what? I don't understand you? explain yourself better please.

special-ed said:
Actually I think he looks alot cooler, and yes you play as gordon.. I hope gordon gets a katana since his crowbar got disintegrated.
that comment is as useful as a condom machine in the vatican

I swear, If they Fu*king make me pay to get aftermath I am going to kill and mutilate gabe newwel

MarcoPollo said:
I swear, If they Fu*king make me pay to get aftermath I am going to kill and mutilate gabe newwel
get your knife ready, you are paying for it via Steam

/sharpens knife
/castrates gabe
/genocides entire valve staff
/gets puts to death

Ok im talking about does the gman transport you to da FUTURE on da CHOO CHOO train after HL1!!!!!!!111oneonetwo

No, You get frozen in a time chamber somewhere in the universe so you dont age or anything but time outside of the chamber is slipping on. Then when G-Man decides its time he releases you.

If the following things happen in Aftermath I will sue Valve.

Any mention of if the Combine were on Xen or not
Spoonfed story
Too much story revealed
Playing as Adrian or Gordon
G-man cotroler of time
Hydra
Snarks

You dont want the Hydra or Snarks. You man, are crazy.

Shit, i stopped checking for updates daily and missed this.

This just made my year

Seens like next week valve will show us a little about this expansion, lets wait and pray :p

Well, we all knewan expansion was coming at some point, but am I the only one who's a bit "meh..." at the setting for this?? You play as Gordon, 5 seconds after the ending of HL2? way to completely invalidate the ending, guys.

And stuff Alyx, I assumed she was vaporised.

Not saying I don't think it will play like a dream, but...

I was worried it would be over a year until we got an expansion. I am super happy about this. I also can't wait for Lost Coast, and anything else they might have somewhere down the pipeline with HDR and super high res polys. I would assume that by the time they make Half Life 3, HDR will be standard for Valve content.

"You play as Gordon, 5 seconds after the ending of HL2? way to completely invalidate the ending, guys."

This may actually be intended as a patch on the ending, considering how many complained it was rushed or somesuch.
Even the people, like myself, who liked the ending have to admit it was basically an extremely elaborate "to be continued" deal.

So, in essence, we are getting that continuation (that we assumed would be HL3) a full several years in advance.

It just works out to the fact that HL2's plot was so big that they had to divide it into two games. Like Kill Bill, this is Volume 2.
I'm willing to bet Laidlaw can make it work, and that the G-man speech will make some additional sense in this new conflict.

Mechagodzilla said:
"You play as Gordon, 5 seconds after the ending of HL2? way to completely invalidate the ending, guys."

This may actually be intended as a patch on the ending, considering how many complained it was rushed or somesuch.
Even the people, like myself, who liked the ending have to admit it was basically an extremely elaborate "to be continued" deal.

So, in essence, we are getting that continuation (that we assumed would be HL3) a full several years in advance.

It just works out to the fact that HL2's plot was so big that they had to divide it into two games. Like Kill Bill, this is Volume 2.
I'm willing to bet Laidlaw can make it work, and that the G-man speech will make some additional sense in this new conflict.
I guess it's not *that* far fetched that G-man just froze time just to put them both into safety, but his speech kind of invalidates it, because it really sounds as if Gordon will be given a new assignment much later, so I still hope we'll be playing Barney, which would work. You've done critical damage to the Citadel *could* reference to the resistance as opposed to just Gordon and so Barney and Alyx have to lead the evacuation of City 17.

You have done critical damage to the Citadel could refer to the player, as in, you played Gordon and whooped some ass, now your going to play as Dog :) . *crosses fingers but deep down knows it's not going to happen*

EDIT: Whats with you Snark haters?

What happened to the HL tradition of expantions during the events of the game? ;(

ríomhaire said:
What happened to the HL tradition of expantions during the events of the game? ;(

2 expansions, man. I think that 'tradition' can be bended slighty.

TheBleeding said:
2 expansions, man. I think that 'tradition' can be bended slighty.
Screw that tradition! What the smeg happened to the tradition of every HL game starting with a train ride? (or osprey ride) We demand a train!

choo chooooooo!! "you" doing massive damage to the citidal could be the player, not gordon..

ríomhaire said:
That was a Half-Life tradition, not HL2 ;)

Back