*****Half Life 2: Aftermath**** Expansion pack coming summer

Actually now that I think of it playing as Gordon isn't such a bad idea, you would wake up 5 minutes after the gman says "this is where I get off" meaning the gman left you to escape by yourself after completing what was assigned. You wake up in that room where you see the advisor with Alyx and things seem alot more peaceful, this would be the area for people to adapt to the game (for some reason all hl games have one) You, Alyx, Eli, and Mossman would now have a climb down the citidal, probly fighting some synths along the way. The rest of the game would be using teamwork to escape c17, after meeting up with Kleiner, Llamar, Dog, and Barney.

I read IGN's impressions of this news and they seem to think the Citadel will blast off in to space, thus leaving City 17 open to attack from outside elements.

hi_ted said:
I read IGN's impressions of this news and they seem to think the Citadel will blast off in to space, thus leaving City 17 open to attack from outside elements.
I think they said something like "it's about to blast into space", but I don't think they mean that literally, it's more of a metaphor for everything is going to hell...

anyine have any pics or scans of aftermath? i want to see something, because that pcgamer magazine will take ages to come out, please a teaser?

does anyone think that the combine will now be on your side?
the antlions changed sides i rekon the combine will too

I think the Metrocops will be on our side, with the fall of the citadel and everything they are civilians afterall....I think there will be an invasion of aliens, including some new (old) ones such as the bullsquid and we must fight ourselves out. To get to the train station, or some other transport system or hideout.

Yeah I like the idea of fighting alongside Metrocops, but how forgiving will the resistance be?

el Chi said:
Yeah I like the idea of fighting alongside Metrocops, but how forgiving will the resistance be?
I think the resistance could really use the help of the metrocops. The world is quite dependent on Combine technology when it comes to surviving the Xen aliens. They could use all the help they can get.

AJ Rimmer said:
I guess it's not *that* far fetched that G-man just froze time just to put them both into safety, but his speech kind of invalidates it, because it really sounds as if Gordon will be given a new assignment much later, so I still hope we'll be playing Barney, which would work. You've done critical damage to the Citadel *could* reference to the resistance as opposed to just Gordon and so Barney and Alyx have to lead the evacuation of City 17.

thats a good way of interpreting it while not completely spilling the beans on HL3.
i have come to think that Gordon just doesn't belong in expansions just because he is the central character in the main HL games.

playing as another character gives a fresh perspective of whats going on and i think Valve doing this would just make the HL universe and story that much more convincing/memorable.

Skulleye said:
I don't really see how there's any doubt that you play as Gordon.

"You've done critical damage to the Citadel." Edit: refers to 'you' as a player.

followed by

"You and Alyx are leading the flight from the city" Edit: 'refers to the character you play.'

You obviously play as the one who did critical damage to the citadel. And I seem to remember that was Gordon :)

I don't think so.

Much delayed w00t!

I really don't think you'll play as Gordon in the expansion. From the article, I'm guessing that you either play as Dog (which probably wouldn't work control wise) or Barney. If we do get to play as Barney, then we probably will get to fight alongside the Combine (Laidlaw said that enemies change sides). Barney is still in Combine uniform and probably has some friends 'in the force' to help him.
As for what we fight, I'm guessing all the cut creatures, for a start. Stalkers let loose in the city, Synths doing whatever they do, and maybe even Cremators cleaning the streets. We'll probably also see more aliens, such as bullsquids and hopefully true Combine.

*Edit* We could play as Gordon, the G-man may have put him away just long enough for him to avoid the explosion, and then put him back in the remains of the citadel with the words "Aw, what the hell. Have some fun. You've earned it."

*More editing* Would Valve give that info away this early? Maybe he was just stirring us up?

Planeforger said:
Much delayed w00t!

I really don't think you'll play as Gordon in the expansion. From the article, I'm guessing that you either play as Dog (which probably wouldn't work control wise) or Barney. If we do get to play as Barney, then we probably will get to fight alongside the Combine (Laidlaw said that enemies change sides). Barney is still in Combine uniform and probably has some friends 'in the force' to help him.
As for what we fight, I'm guessing all the cut creatures, for a start. Stalkers let loose in the city, Synths doing whatever they do, and maybe even Cremators cleaning the streets. We'll probably also see more aliens, such as bullsquids and hopefully true Combine.

The guy who went to valve, was asked by one of his colleuges and he said "you play as gordon."

Yay! I'm almost as flippy as when I first learnt that HL2 was coming out!

I hope nobody leaks this one's code though. Please God, no more delays.

REQUESTS:

#1 and lo, the mighty creators changed the nature of the beast

#2 and there was much rejoicing among the faithful.

#3 as life-size cardboard cut-outs of masterchief appeared and were dutifully beaten apart with holy crowbars

#4 and there was much rejoicing.

Back