Half-Life 2: Aftermath

polyguns said:
don't forget about the 56kers.

I love a box so i can stack it o my shelf ith me other boxes. or throw it in the corner.

it will be shere dread if all games go the steam type application route. like windows doesn't get enough problems without all these other aps running in the background

I don't think running Steam in the background will be a problem that much longer, what with the PC's getting better.

I'm happy for it to be steam only, it is environmentally friendly and all. Seriously though...
Can we purchase games through steam using solo cards??? Does anyone know this?
If not, then I'm going to be annoyed and will become one of the anti-fanboys of steam

I'm reckoning this:

- It'll be steam only, or there'll be a big incentive to get it on steam (e.g. an earlier release)
- It'll cost $25 -$40 USD

No these aren't facts, they're just somthing I pulled out of my commons sense.

eAi

- long time no post ;)

for anyone who doesnt have a credit card:

i know several banks in my area (U.S., so i cant speak for other areas/countries) that will allow you to buy a gift card with any amount of money (within reason) that acts like a debit card. you can use it in any store that takes debit/credit cards as well as online. hopefully you have this service in your area and are able to use it if it is a steam only release.

I'm against buying through Steam because it sets a bad example. We are going to have many steam like programs running at once for each game on our computer. Steam is 700 MB, not including anygames. Add that to how many games you want on your computer, and its not very good. I bought HL2 through Steam cause I wanted it as soon as it came out. But I think I might retail the expansion(if possible) and backup my Half-Life 2. How long will Valve/Steam last, anyway. Because if they close, will I lose anything bought through Steam? Cause i know in 20 years when my ***** is popping out babies I'm going to need a legal painreliever, hopefully Half-Life 2!

i myself will miss waiting in line infront of the stores, you can meet some good people there, and talk for hours on end. Good times.

"Valve is apparently already working on a Half-Life 2 expansion pack.
Half-Life 3 is planned, so expect another cliffhanger ending.
"
"http://www.planethalflife.com/half-life2/" i dont see what the big news is?

this news has been out for a long time about say.... a year? mabey 2?

Trinityxero said:
"Valve is apparently already working on a Half-Life 2 expansion pack.
Half-Life 3 is planned, so expect another cliffhanger ending.
"
"http://www.planethalflife.com/half-life2/" i dont see what the big news is?

this news has been out for a long time about say.... a year? mabey 2?

Yeah, but this is confirmation on the games title, where its set, story, screenshot and so on....and nobody likes planethalflife anyway....they were just assuming

WritingARequiem said:
I'm against buying through Steam because it sets a bad example. We are going to have many steam like programs running at once for each game on our computer. Steam is 700 MB, not including anygames. Add that to how many games you want on your computer, and its not very good. I bought HL2 through Steam cause I wanted it as soon as it came out. But I think I might retail the expansion(if possible) and backup my Half-Life 2. How long will Valve/Steam last, anyway. Because if they close, will I lose anything bought through Steam? Cause i know in 20 years when my ***** is popping out babies I'm going to need a legal painreliever, hopefully Half-Life 2!

Steam is about 30mb on it's own last time I checked

polyguns said:
it will be shere dread if all games go the steam type application route. like windows doesn't get enough problems without all these other aps running in the background
Linux is the solution ;)

Anyhow, I haven't seen Steam unstable for quite a while. Just love the technology!

WritingARequiem said:
40? I don't know money in the currency of STUPID. lol jk, I only know $$$

Well that 'stupid' currency is quite similar to your own $. Make of that what you will...

its ok Skumball, little does that witless American 'WritingARequiem' know that a large chunk of his and his families savings and investments go into the Dollar-Euro money market.

Back