half life 2 aftermath

K

kazzz

half life 2 aftermath monster?

hey i seen this monster in hl2 sp will it be in hl2 aftermath?
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

The big one is the Crab Synth. it is believed to attack by charging adn shooting you with a machine gun.
The small one is the Mortar Synth. It is a living mortar. There are plasma charges shot like artillery in Anti-Citizen 1 that could be shot from these(you never see the source).

It is unknow weither either will appear in AM.

The plasma charges in AntiCitizen aren't mortar-synth shots. Mortar-synth fire smaller, and rather weaker, projectiles. According to the code left in the SDK, there were "beam" grenades, and "energy" grenades. The energy grenade seemed to create a lasting sphere of hurt, and the "beam" one - hell, I've never got it working in game, but it apparently shoots lightning, or something.

And crab-synth also have some kind of laser weapon in their undercarriage, beside their vulcan cannon.

And I actually doubt they'll be used in Aftermath. The Combine won't be going to war, they'll be evacuating.

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
The plasma charges in AntiCitizen aren't mortar-synth shots. Mortar-synth fire smaller, and rather weaker, projectiles. According to the code left in the SDK, there were "beam" grenades, and "energy" grenades. The energy grenade seemed to create a lasting sphere of hurt, and the "beam" one - hell, I've never got it working in game, but it apparently shoots lightning, or something.

And crab-synth also have some kind of laser weapon in their undercarriage, beside their vulcan cannon.

And I actually doubt they'll be used in Aftermath. The Combine won't be going to war, they'll be evacuating.

-Angry Lawyer
But those synths were on their way to battle when you saw them in the citadel. And the only way out of the citadel is through the streets of City 17. So one way or the other, they're gonna be in the city. If Gordon meets them or not is another matter.

Plasma charges in Anticitizen One? I really don't remember seeing anything like that. Unless you're confusing them with the Follow Freeman surpressor, which we do see the source of.

AJ Rimmer said:
But those synths were on their way to battle when you saw them in the citadel. And the only way out of the citadel is through the streets of City 17. So one way or the other, they're gonna be in the city. If Gordon meets them or not is another matter.

But the Citadel is exploding.

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:

-Angry Lawyer
Buuuuuut, Alyx and Gordon will obviously make it out, and the synths start out on a lower level than them. And they've been heading towards the surface during all of Breen office meet, Breen teleport gone bad and G-man speech. Aaaaaaaand the citadel won't go boom for quite a while.

AJ Rimmer said:
Buuuuuut, Alyx and Gordon will obviously make it out, and the synths start out on a lower level than them. And they've been heading towards the surface during all of Breen office meet, Breen teleport gone bad and G-man speech. Aaaaaaaand the citadel won't go boom for quite a while.

But why would they be deploying Tanks when their citadel isn't even being besieged> It makes little sense for the Combine to send them out unless there's actually a large threat to their safety that can't be stopped without heavy vehicles.

If they really wanted to deal with Freeman, they'd send out assassins. However, they're more than likely panicing that their base of operations in the city is falling down.

-Angry Lawyer

Those I think where those Headcrab Containers. It could of been a missile. Remember the APC's that attack you with Homing Missiles and Gattling Guns in the Water Hazard level?

It looks nothing like a powercore or a missle. I'd make comparasin pics if I wasn't so tired. Maybe tomorrow.

Citidel

Angry Lawyer said:

-Angry Lawyer

Yes but it explodes after u destroy it and the crabs will already be out of there.

Angry Lawyer said:
But why would they be deploying Tanks when their citadel isn't even being besieged> It makes little sense for the Combine to send them out unless there's actually a large threat to their safety that can't be stopped without heavy vehicles.

If they really wanted to deal with Freeman, they'd send out assassins. However, they're more than likely panicing that their base of operations in the city is falling down.

-Angry Lawyer

The Citadel is being besieged. Remember the whole chapter where you help the citizens set up a staging point to do just that, and the streets are filled with striders and soldiers getting slaughtered? So why not deploy tanks to clear the way for the combine to escape, seeing as how the rebels are putting up a damn good fight as it is. (Since they owned half the town when you left them, that is.)

if the citadel is indeed in meltdown the Combine will want to get as much out as possibel first IMO.

Back