Half-Life 2 already as warez

eiric

Reaction score
Well, I just was in on a site. I'm not gonna tell you witch one but Half-Life 2 is already pirated... Well so much for Valves antipiratethingy... Great job.

The group that realeased HL2 is Emporio, the same group that released CS:S...

This is just bullocks...

It was a good job, the game has been pirated after release, not before.

The Emporio version seems to be nuked as some ppl said on IRC, who knows.

It's not already pirated, it's only now pirated, long after most of the ppl got it.

eiric said:
Well, I just was in on a site. I'm not gonna tell you witch one but Half-Life 2 is already pirated... Well so much for Valves antipiratethingy... Great job.

The group that realeased HL2 is Emporio, the same group that released CS:S...

This is just bullocks...

well what did u expect? surely the game was going to be pirated sooner or later.. i am just glad that the same thing didn't happen with this game as did with Doom3.

and as Prone pointed out...pple seem to be purchasing this game.. so.. :p

according to some Rage3d posters that visit emperios IRC channel, the warez version doesn't work. :D

it works, it works, but it has lots of problem and it crashes every 20 minutes :E

good thing I have the Gold edition :cheers:

Thank goodness for Steam we will get updates and new levels at convience and these people will have to go hunt for another crack.

You know whats funny look at suprnova everyone is downloading the old alpha copy hahahahha bronze baby!

i think as has been said in previous threads the notorious groups almost saw hl2 has a challenge to crack and have all said yes we have hacked it but go buy the real thing

I'd also like to say I bought the Silver package and I'm happy.

Still, I scanned some newsgroups to see what was going on.
The Eporium version was nuked, but then they came out with a patch that would supposedly fix it. Well, gee, that's just great. How can people try the crack when the game is nowhere to be found (nuked)? That's how messed up the scene is.

Gabe, if you're reading this, break out a six pack, because the warez version is a disaster and nowhere to be found.

I think they should all go out and buy HL2 it's worth every penny.

Just for info emperio release got niked because its ripped of steam, who need such games.
Real warez version will be when someone release cracked cd-version.

no one will ever release a cracked cd version you cant crack the encryption

One of the main intentions of the online-activation was to prevent the game from being leaked, before it had been released. This has happened with every other major title released, and the activation prevented this from happening.

Who cares about the warez version coming out? They couldn't crack it properly before release, and Valve had many pre-orders (and that excludes retail), I doubt they care about a couple of nuked versions floating about on the newsgroups.

I'm sure that 99% of people who have Half-Life 2 will have paid for it.

Wait, I already bought Gold, why the hell do I care about warez?

I don't.

To me, the sheer size of the blockbuster games is making them tuff to pirate. The HL2 release is 85 x 50 megs. 85 files, if any of them are messed up, then you need pars. If the pars don't work, then you're done because they don't repost stuff in the groups for a week. They expect everyone to have a couple newsgroup feeds.
The other problem is the scene itself. The people in it are like linux users. They know everything, you're supposed to know it all too, and if you try to tell them otherwise, you suck. The scene makes it so complicated to get a game, it's not worth doing any more.
Valve wins this round, even if they eventually come out with a cracked CD version.

Latest word is that emporio are going down. Apparently one of their main people got caught by the feds so the rest of emporio are laying low. And yes, emporio have cracked hl2 but they haven't released the fully working one yet. The one that is out is claimed to be not-complete/too many errors so emporio have re-done it and are repacking it. Whether or not the emporio going down rumour is true or not, or whether they will stop the cracked release of hl2 I don't know.

As far as the whole online activation thing goes, it can be cracked, it has been cracked. They cracked Win XP, one of the first programs that needed online activation, they cracked other software and now hl2. When CSS was first released on steam I'm sure most people thought that would be impossible to crack, but emporio created (I think) an emulator of the steam engine to get around it. I suppose a similar thing happened with hl2.

I'm sure that 99% of people who have Half-Life 2 will have paid for it.

For now.

But I don't care about the warez fools, let them do what they like, I've supported valve so (hate to sound selfish) everyone else can screw themselves :)

EDIT:

And besides, even if emporio go down, its just a matter of time before someone else cracks it.

Z_Unit said:
Just for info emperio release got niked because its ripped of steam, who need such games.
Real warez version will be when someone release cracked cd-version.

The thing is there is no CD version. The CDs are nothing more then steam and the preloads burned to a disk. You install steam and create an account and register the game and then you are a steam purchaser ready to download the rest of the game and unlock it. That is the thing about this game. There is no retail version of it. It is a mirage.

VenomMan said:
no one will ever release a cracked cd version you cant crack the encryption
Any encryption can be cracked, the question is did Valve make it hard enough?..

I honestly do not think, or, would say, hope, that there is NO warez version. Of course, I bought the game so I am not supposed to care, but I believe if this is true and it hasn't been cracked that means a landmark in the content protection history... Everybody wound want STEAM then ;)

The other option, if there is a warez version, is for Valve to release an incompatible patch, with yet new code/protection/activation code...

But again, if the crack hasn't appeared so far, it might mean they've done a darn good job in Protection.

Friend sent me this

[2:36pm] <+zjq> what happened to the lead member of emp?
[2:36pm] <+AnoLL> reading threads, several people claims some one of the members in emporio got busted

Hopefully true and he told me they still havent cracked it yet...we'll see..

Eventually, people will all buy it for mods and CS:S. And remember the only reason CS:S works as warez is because VAC isn't operational for it yet. As far as I know, CS1.6 hasn't been cracked either for online play, nor any other online game for that matter.

Who the hell cares, every game is ripped off by someone. If you did'nt think this would happan to HL2 then your an idiot.

Nearly every game is pirated. Steam validation can be cracked just like a cd-check can be cracked. It would take more time, but any piece of software can be reverse engineered. But.....support Valve and buy the game. :)

Back