Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source Update

Kangy

Reaction score
The following updates to Counter-Strike: Source and Half-Life 2 are now available to download:
[br]
Source Engine
[br]
  • Fixed prediction errors on the client when navigating
  • Fixed bug where server sent updates slower than specified in cl_updaterate
  • Fixed prediction errors when cl_updaterate is a large number
  • People who turned off cl_smooth should re-enable it after this release.
  • Fixed a rare crash in physics
  • Option -heapsize now works correctly on machines with more than 4GB of memory

Counter-Strike: Source

• Fixed exploit with demo recording clearing flashbang and smoke effects
  • Fixed minor exploit allowing thirdperson even if cheats were disabled on the server
  • Fixed bug allowing movement at run speeds while ducked

When a prediction error occurs, if cl_smooth is 0, it pops straight from the incorrect predicted position to the real one, if cl_smooth is 1, it smooths the transition.

If you thought nobody could possibly complain about this, think again: some guy on the Steam forums was whining about how despite what you might think it actually "fixed nothing", because his heapsize still wasn't correctly detected.

He didn't have over 4GB of RAM.

"Fixed a rare crash in physics"

if thats what I think it is and it releates to hl2 \o/! finally!

Varsity said:
If you thought nobody could possibly complain about this, think again: some guy on the Steam forums was whining about how despite what you might think it actually "fixed nothing", because his heapsize still wasn't correctly detected.

He didn't have over 4GB of RAM.
Don't worry, Mr. Stelly addressed his concerns with a nice 'informative' level post.

Hmm, ever since this update my ping has been about 5 ..... how comes ???

Valve apparently awesomed the netcode, better pings all round.

The news is a bit slow to update on HL2.net lately :upstare:

I just launched Steam & tiny amount of news for Lost Coast, DoD & Aftermath came up!

Oh and a new SAS model for CS:S. Nice.

CSS_SAS01.jpg

I was just thinking they would be an sas model next.What a coincidence. The gasmask makes them look a lot cooler.:sniper:

Wow sweet. Does anyone have the full news post?

Oooooh. Good stuff! :smoking:
Wonder what it will be.

.bog.
Valve said:
Finally, next week we'll have an announcement of another new game that will be coming to Steam that wasn't built here at Valve.

The new game is...

The new game is almost certainly going to be Might And Magic: Dark Messiah, the latest in the long-running Might and Magic RPG series. This time developed by Arkane, the makers of the excellent Ultima Underworld-esque Arx Fatalis.

speaking of gas..... might be nice to have gas nades...

Also, if you notice: the two CTs are next to each other........ SELECTABLE MODELS, BITCHES

Back