Half Life:2 around the World

J

j_spencer

hi, i'm in australia and i'm wondering if half life 2 is released here on the 16th like in the UK and US? thanks.

it should be released at the same time... so when it gets released in the usa on the 16th it will released everywhere els also... if shops are closed well then the very next morning...

They'll be selling it at the 16th everywhere, yes(except Africa and so on, of course). coZ has misunderstood it; it'll be unlocked at the same time everywhere.

Sharrd said:
coZ has misunderstood it; it'll be unlocked at the same time everywhere.
I know that... I didn’t misunderstand... you misunderstood me man...

It will be sold at the same time also. Just not if it’s like 9pm or something you will have to wait till morning for it...

It will be on sale in the stores when the shops open in Australia on the 16th. They aren't going to wait untill half way throught the day or anything.

When valve unlock it to be played on through steam, no matter how you got it, thats when you can i play i heard...only then, it doesn't matter if australia is ahead, its going to be by Valve's time, in the USA, even us in Europe have gotta wait :imu:

Hectic Glenn said:
When valve unlock it to be played on through steam, no matter how you got it, thats when you can i play i heard...only then, it doesn't matter if australia is ahead, its going to be by Valve's time, in the USA, even us in Europe have gotta wait :imu:

Hectic is right. So that'll likely be 12:01 am Seattle time

SirOsisOfLiver said:
Hectic is right. So that'll likely be 12:01 am Seattle time

Have they said it will be released at 12:01am? If not, For all we know they could release it when they get to work, What ever time that may be.

coZ said:
I know that... I didn’t misunderstand... you misunderstood me man...

It will be sold at the same time also. Just not if it’s like 9pm or something you will have to wait till morning for it...

I'm telling you, it won't be sold at the same time. It'll be sold as soon as the shops open on the 16th, the unlocking process is what you go through when you have bought the game, brought it home and installed. It doesn't matter when you get the game, you won't be able to play it until it's unlocked; therefore, the shops don't have to start selling it at the same time.

Can you just imagine if Valve are the subject of a DDOS attack at 12AM November 16th, 2004?

Oh my goodness.

Sharrd said:
I'm telling you, it won't be sold at the same time. It'll be sold as soon as the shops open on the 16th, the unlocking process is what you go through when you have bought the game, brought it home and installed. It doesn't matter when you get the game, you won't be able to play it until it's unlocked; therefore, the shops don't have to start selling it at the same time.

it will be unlocked b4 its on sale for retail for steam users...

Techincally or (universialy) it will be released at the same time..but since different parts of the world have different time zones..it will be released at a different time across the whole world..but still the same time (universialy)

coZ said:
it will be unlocked b4 its on sale for retail for steam users...

How do you know?
When the shops open here, On the 16th, It will be around 9am.
At the same time it will be around 5:30pm, On the 15th, In the US.

I am hoping they unlock it on the 15th in the US so Australia can get it on the 16th.

Technically, everyone will get it unlocked at the same time.

j_spencer said:
hi, i'm in australia and i'm wondering if half life 2 is released here on the 16th like in the UK and US? thanks.

should be the same all around the world

Back