Half Life 2 cd key error !!

S

Snake-KoRn

Sorry, i don't know for shure if this is the right place to post it, i hope it is :)

Help !!

My m8 had bought HL2 for pc, and he never use it, and i meight have it 4 a few days, and i want to install it, and i c the cd key is totally incorrect, the key code is attached in the box, there is no manual added in the box ... HELP !! What do i have to do ? :( i really wanna play HL2, i wanna go mapping for HL2 :) Btw, it's dvd-version ;)

Thnx a lot by hand :)

Friendly greetings,

Snake-KoRn

The key is supposed to be in the inside of the box, so what's wrong, doesn't that one work? Did your friend already install it? Did he buy it in a store or off say eBay?

Most likely your friend already bound that cd-key to his steamaccount, for you to play he'd have to give you his account.

Yeah i think he allready installed the game, but he said i meight use he's accout, but i can't enter the right keycode, cause it's longer than what i'm supose to enter in the screen :confused:

You need your friends email (to log-in) and and password to log into steam. Once you've logged in you can play the games on that account.

your friend has registered his cd-key to his steam account, if you want to play hl2, you will need to log onto his steam account to play hl2/css

no you cant un-register a key from an account [for a future question:bounce:]

Snake-KoRn said:
Yeah i think he allready installed the game, but he said i meight use he's accout, but i can't enter the right keycode, cause it's longer than what i'm supose to enter in the screen :confused:

and that pretty much means you need to purchase your own copy of the game.
maybe sharing the account with the said friend is an option but i don't think that would work too well...especially for online gaming.

Lol, me and my roomate played together on my computer all the time..then he bought himself half-life 2 for 35 bucks..and..well, his computer can't run it :(

Back