Half life 2 cheats

D

david_3000

Ive tried using the Open the console (~-key), when playing half life 2 but that wont work. Can anyone tell me a way that will get me able to enter cheats.

Thanks David :(

Go to OPTIONS at the mainscreen. Select the KEYBOARD tab and look for the little box that says ADVANCED at the bottom right. Check the box that says "Enable Console" or something like that. Should work now.

Sorry actually I tried turning that on , and using shift along with the ~ didnt show up anything , can you tell me anything else that might work , Thanks

David :upstare:

open up the console by going to options>keyboard> (at the bottom) advanced>Enable Developers Console. if that doesnt come up after you check that off and hit "apply" and click ~ then go buy the game.

...Or you could play through the game without having to cheat your way through it...

that is also a very wise choice... cheating is no fun, until you play the game. but i like to use the extra damage cheats because i want to have smarter enemyies, not ones that are more susceptible to being shot in the face.

that is also a very wise choice... cheating is no fun, until you play the game. but i like to use the extra damage cheats because i want to have smarter enemyies, not ones that are more susceptible to being shot in the face.

Just play SMod or something.

Hey, it might be his second time through and he wants to have fun.

Hey, it might be his second time through and he wants to have fun.

Actually, I do just the opposite. I play through games with cheat codes the first time, then go back and play without them. I guess I'm just a wuss, but I like to know what's gonna happen.

I always play games through with god mode. Doesn't take any fun away for me, and the main plus is, I don't have to do any parts over.

I used bullettime.cfg mod on HL2 does that count as cheating?

Ok sorry but could you explain how to enter that into the console please

Hit ~

Also known as the tilde key...if you've enabled the console then I don't know why it won't show up when you press ~.

I always play games through with god mode. Doesn't take any fun away for me, and the main plus is, I don't have to do any parts over.

same here, in half life 2 i dont use god mode as much as in some of the mods ( becase they make them so impossible! ) i just have impulse 101 binded to a key and when in need of health and ammo i just click it a couple of times. when i do use god mode its usually just cuz i wanna blow shit up with haveing to worry about dieing, i love to see the combine bodies fly! :smoking:

Hit ~

Also known as the tilde key...if you've enabled the console then I don't know why it won't show up when you press ~.

its possible that he has a pirated game, some times they have this problem, and not just in half life 2.

He probably doesn't have a QWERTY layout on his keyboard. The '~' key doesn't work for me either because HL2 interprets it as '²' since I'm using an AZERTY layout. Anyway, you can add "-console" to the startup properties (right click on the game, select properties, click the launch properties).

1.) Take Face
2.) Slam onto Keyboard
3.).....
4.) PROFIT!

If you're using a UK keyboard you need to use the ¬ key (above the tab key). It's where the tilde is positioned on a US keyboard layout.

same here, in half life 2 i dont use god mode as much as in some of the mods ( becase they make them so impossible! ) i just have impulse 101 binded to a key and when in need of health and ammo i just click it a couple of times. when i do use god mode its usually just cuz i wanna blow shit up with haveing to worry about dieing, i love to see the combine bodies fly! :smoking:
Yeah, I've got impulse 101 and the commands to give me ammo counts like HL1 bound to x. I've also got timescale .05 and timescale 1 on T and Y, for slow mo. And phys_pushscale 1 and phys_pushscale 10000 on U and I, then gravity 100 on o, and gravity 600 on P. All fun.

On German keyboard you have to modify your path-to-steam-folder\Steam\SteamApps\your-account-name-here\half-life 2\hl2\cfg\config.cfg to include:

bind "\" "toggleconsole"

This will allow you topen open console in-game when pressing the key left to '1', that's ^ and °.

It does however not open the console while you're in the main menu. For this you need the -console launch option/parameter as someone explained a few posts above.

Back