Half-Life 2 Countdown Desktop

A better question is why shouldn’t you want a countdown on your desktop for the next 20+ days that signifies the release of halflife2.

Right click on desktop> Properties> Desktop tab> Customize Desktop> Web Tab> New> (paste link address)> click on the new entry, go to properties> uncheck "make this page available offline"

And click "lock active desktop" to make it a completely seamless background.

I can't get it fullscreen, it now is the size of my mouse on the right side of my screen..

i got mine working pretty good but i have to hit f5 forit to refresh is there a way to make it like LIVE countdown ?

This [post=865662]post[/post] is a simple tut on adding a counter to your desktop just replace the url to what ever counter you like. And as Element Alpha said, lock active desktop well make it seamless.

PS.: my sig links to an active counter (updates each second)

hmm how add only hours and days without that pictute? or is there any way to add this to Samurize?

RoyaleWithCheese said:
I can't get it fullscreen, it now is the size of my mouse on the right side of my screen..

I had the same problem on mine Royale.

What I did to fix it was:

1. View display properties.
2. Switch to desktop tab and customize desktop.
3. Go to Web tab and uncheck Lock desktop items. This will be done only temporarily.
4. Click ok all the way out.

Now mouse-over the top of the box shape you have for the web page. On the far left top corner of the window bar that pops up there is a down-arrow. Click the down arrow and at the bottom of the menu is "cover desktop".

This will make it full screen for ya. You can then go back into display properties if you like to lock the desktop item again so the menu doesn't pop up at the top of your monitor if you care. Looks snazy! :cheers:

And as a follow up to others that don't see it live, mine is live by making sure to uncheck the "make it available offline" option in the properties of the web page desktop item.

And another follow up just for kicks, I resized the desktop item and locked it so I could have the great looking wallpaper AND the counter seemlessly :)

FYI...I run at 1280 x 1024 so I resized the attachment to be much smaller...

mines up dateing it self, i didnt do anything else i just followed the instructions. It flashes every few 2nds

Nope, shouldn't need SP 2 for that. Both out of the box XP Home and Pro should have active desktop already there.

Not sure why the option isn't there for him...

Back