Half-Life 2 Countdown Wallpaper

Ok it works except all I see is white...:angry:

dude I have to have that and the link is down can someone PM me or send it to my e-mail it looks so sweet!!

Its back up.

The white behind the icon is something I did inadvertantly,. its fixed now.

f|uke said:
Platinum, The white behind the icon is something I did inadvertantly. Its fixed now.. grab it again.
Yay you fixed it.

This timer sucks. I can't even tell which number is for what. It's ugly too...:(

Ownzed said:
This timer sucks. I can't even tell which number is for what. It's ugly too...:(
Did you see the gordon themed version or my version? Both are very nice. The countdown is simple. Weeks, days, hours, minutes, seconds.

is there any way I could get it to work on a smaller resolution like 1024 x 768

AMPED said:
is there any way I could get it to work on a smaller resolution like 1024 x 768
If you're talking about mine, I included a 1024x wallpaper in the package. Just rename Hl2_wallpaper_1024.jpg to background.jpg

[EDIT] Nah I fixed it :nauhgty: IM AN ASTROUNAUT!

Since I can't update the original post anymore, here follows an updated version:

----------------------------------------------------

Me and FronK have been busy little bees and created a stylish and simple countdown-script you can set as your wallpaper if you're using Windows XP.
For those wondering, the sequence is Weeks : Days : Hours : Minutes : Seconds

Download the files here

Read the instructions on how to install it on Windows XP. It might work on other OSes too, we don't know

http://www.dsv.su.se/~fre-lars/half-life_2_countdown.rar
(If the above link doesn't work, copy and paste this link into your browser)

Enjoy!

ps. We have no problems with people editing the images/code/html, as long as you don't remove the docs and disclaimers inside the code. Happy modding!
ds.

[UPDATE #1]
I made a new skin, get it here!
Direct download from sunet will be made available tomorrow morning, as soon as FronK wakes up :D

[UPDATE #2]
Check this out, if you wan't the syntax in just Days, Hours, Minutes and Seconds. Be sure to read the post before you download.
File available here!

[UPDATE #3]
Deo, over at the hlfallout.com forums, was kind enough to recolor the original skin into the standard Half-Life 2 colors, instead of the Steam colors. get his version here!

[UPDATE #4]
F|uke made this neat conversion. He remade the numbers and the logo into transparent GIFs, allowing the background to shine through. Edges might be a bit jaggier, though.
screenshot: http://www.futurefirefighter.net/Countdown.jpg
rar-file: http://www.futurefirefighter.net/Half-Life...rentNumbers.rar

i just got mine up if yas want its prety much the same as the original one but has the prepare to get ownd and is black and grey insted...

Countdown_Grey_and_Black_Large.jpg

Half-Life_2_Countdown_Grey_and_Black.rar

Nathaniel said:
F|uke made this neat conversion. He remade the numbers and the logo into transparent GIFs, allowing the background to shine through. Edges might be a bit jaggier, though.
Jaggies cant be helped :/ Theres no web compatable format that supports alpha transparencies as far as I know.

f|uke said:
Jaggies cant be helped :/ Theres no web compatable format that supports alpha transparencies as far as I know.

uhm... how about PNG? how about it being supported by every browser but IE? how about it being created FOR the web? :)

you should try it

Nathaniel said:
how about PNG?
Tried this,. for some reason, it still shows up with a solid white background covering the wallpaper. Check it.. open that in IE and its a solid background,. open in PhotoShop and its transparent.

Now its not far fetched that theres something I did wrong, and if theres a better way to go about it, I'd gladly update.

Is it possible to turn one of these count downs into like an animate GIF that still counts down? Or does it have to be a HTML document?

tokin said:
Is it possible to turn one of these count downs into like an animate GIF that still counts down? Or does it have to be a HTML document?
Gifs cant be scripted.

think about it for a sec. How would an animated GIF know where to start counting from?

Tried this,. for some reason, it still shows up with a solid white background covering the wallpaper. Check it.. open that in IE and its a solid background,. open in PhotoShop and its transparent.

Now its not far fetched that theres something I did wrong, and if theres a better way to go about it, I'd gladly update.

That's not a problem with PNG itself, but rather the way IE handles them... Which is just plain wrong. IE is the only browser I know of not capable of showing PNG with alpha transparency. Hell, it's probably pure luck it shows PNGs at all.

Try using a REAL browser instead, like Firefox

Unfortunately though, this doesn't change the fact that the windows XP desktop uses the IE-engine for rendering... PNGs will always be useless if you want them on your desktop.

I'm a fan of both, so what? And the Hitman games did sort of suck, but the characters were awesome.

"We're sending the cleaner for you."

GuNzABlaZiN said:
I'm a fan of both, so what?
Hes just ribbin ya,. dont take it hard :) It is a bit of a missmatch tho.

Yeeeaaahh!!!!! Cool dude....
Too bad that I can only have tha wallpaper untill the game is released....

Then you gotta make another one for halflife3 aight? =)

:p :cheers: :naughty:

Cool stuff, and thx for sharing!

Using Coz's version right now, I like it alot.

sorry for the bump but i have no idea how this thing works, what do i use to open .rar files? where are the instructions?

go to www.rarsoft.com and download winrar, it's pretty easy, you just unpack the file.

The instruction will be in the extracted folder.

I like the countdoun but mine is 2 hours off how do I fix that? I live in michigan, east coast.

Rick said:
I like the countdoun but mine is 2 hours off how do I fix that? I live in michigan, east coast.

Maybe go to your clock settings. Just double click on the clock in the bottom right and select the time zones tab and maybe you don't have it set as eastern time already...?

Rick said:

It's not supposed to count according to you local time, especially since Valve doesn't.

For all we know, Half-Life2 will be released at the exact same time worldwide. Therefor FronK wrote the script to count down to 00:01 valve time

I use the default steam color one. Mine says 3:04:13:36:5

f|uke said:

You need to use web safe colers if you want it as a transparent a bg (IE sucks :D)

Is there a way to make the color around the icons transparent for Flukes desktop?

Back