Half-Life 2 Coupon update

SMT

Reaction score
FYI...

If there's anyone out there who didn't upgrade before Sept 30th (suckers :)) or anyone who has the funds to do it again, I'll point out that the HL2 coupons are still being included in retail versions of the X800 Pro. I got my Sapphire X800 pro in the mail the other day and I wasn't expecting any surprises, but there it was: Gordon's smug face. :naughty:

Interesting.

Hopefully they'll still come with coupons in about 2 monthts when i buy one.

There aren't any X800 XT's out yet to see if it comes with them, but all signs point to "Yes." I think some manufacturers are still including it with 9600 XT and 9800 XT models as well.

However, I can say without a doubt that the coupons are included with retail Sapphire X800 Pro packages.

I hope they come with the 9800 PRO, I'm getting one next week... Can we use the coupon to download the game from Steam when it's released?

SMT said:
FYI...

If there's anyone out there who didn't upgrade before Sept 30th (suckers :)) or anyone who has the funds to do it again, I'll point out that the HL2 coupons are still being included in retail versions of the X800 Pro. I got my Sapphire X800 pro in the mail the other day and I wasn't expecting any surprises, but there it was: Gordon's smug face. :naughty:

Funny because I bought my radeon x800 pro direct from ati and there was no such thing included, just a picture of the hl2 logo. I dont care really, I already preordered hl2 from ebgames.

DjBourgeoisie said:
Funny because I bought my radeon x800 pro direct from ati and there was no such thing included, just a picture of the hl2 logo. I dont care really, I already preordered hl2 from ebgames.

Ah, that sucks. Perhaps it's just third party card makers doing it now

DjBourgeoisie said:

I am doing the same as you, and I also preordered from ebgames. hehe, best buy just needs to send me my X800 Pro :dozey:

wonder if were still going to be awaiting HL2 long enough for ATI to include a coupon with thier NEXT cards??

Hey you lot with the X800's - How are they?

Waiting on the XT myself as I still have the cash i saved from them there good old 9800XT days.

What games have you tried and whats the performance like?

I had a hard drive crash while my X800 was in transit. I just got everything back up and running this morning, so I haven't had a chance to test it out with games yet, but I will update when I do, willy1ka.

volume said:
The x800 is a waste of money, sorry.

wow! that was helpful, thanx!

Everything I have seen is they have much improved performance but time will tell. I'm not upgrading anything till I see some D3 and HL2 benchmarks.

dassbaba said:
any other way to get a HL2 coupon?

Yes, you can buy them from me. I have a few that I'm selling so if your intrested you can email me at [email protected] You can pay through paypal and see that I can be trusted.

I'm asking 20 bucks for each coupon, which is unscratched.
Thanks

The X800 Pro is a better card than volume's, that much is clear. :D

And spicoli420, you know that people need the original upc from the graphics card box and a copy of a receipt for purchase of one of the supported ATI cards in order to redeem the game, right? ...and you ARE including both of those things, right? Because if not, whether you know it or not, you're ripping people off.

SMT said:
The X800 Pro is a better card than volume's, that much is clear.

And spicoli, you know that people need the original upc from the graphics card box and a copy of a receipt for purchase of one of the supported ATI cards in order to redeem the game, right? ...and you ARE including both of those things, right? Because if not, whether you know it or not, you're ripping people off.

That is not 100% correct. If you want a retail copy of the game sent to you 4 weeks after release date then yes you will need the upc code. But if you want to download the game from steam on the release date then all you need is this beautiful code on the back of the card. Thanks for you concern:)

volume said:
The x800 is a waste of money, sorry.

Yeah you would say that. I like the people that cannot afford the cards, usually say its a waste of money. Its funny though, that the X800 Pro and XT is a 9800XT on steroriods(I suck at spelling today), yet the Pro owns it left and right. Its worth the money for people that are deep into gaming, not the people that just play every once in awhile.

I got a 9600xt a while ago, and i mailed in my coupon with all the info... my question is this.. can i get via mail the box retail version, or can i choose to download it off steam as well?

I"m gonna try to skate by with my 9700pro, then maybe upgrade if performance is unacceptable.

9700pro will be great for hl2 unless you really want to squeeze every frame you can out of those insanely high resolutions.

poseyjmac said:
9700pro will be great for hl2 unless you really want to squeeze every frame you can out of those insanely high resolutions.

Yeah I hope so, because this summer i'd have to choose between getting the newer video card, or buying a GLOCK 22 in .40S&W.

Back