Half-Life 2 cracked already?

S

SkinnyT

I've heard rumours about a cracked version of half life 2 has been released via the Bittorent network... I did a search on a bittorent site and found this:

Cracked

All games get cracked. It's of no signifigance that HL2 has been cracked as well.

It was cracked and distributed on the 16th. I think there may be something wrong with the release, though I'm not sure. As Spartan said, all games get cracked. And it usually doesnt take more then a couple hours.

Its to be expected,. but if there was just one game that everyone should buy, its HL2.

The correct question is.. HL2 cracked just now?

Valve released a fake crack that deactivates steam accounts actually.

Sh4mp00 said:
Valve released a fake crack that deactivates steam accounts actually.

OMG that would be so funny. I have hard time believing it but that would be so cool if it was true.

There is a cracked version from Emporio that doesn't even use Steam. It just emulates the Steam functionality fooling the HL2 application.

NFO

It still uses your account, and goes through the steam servers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need to enter your username and password for steam?

No, you don't need Steam at all.

Quote from NFO :

Release Notes:
This is the FINAL copy from STEAM, it emulates steam so you DO NOT NEED TO install steam, just apply the crack.

Yeah but it's buggy as ****. People are bitching that it crashes every 20 minutes, textures are all ****ed up, ect. Shouldn't be bitching over a free DL but that's warez monkeys for you.

sneaky, dream on dude.
There are more versions released (at least 3).
The last one doesn't have any more bugs than the original game.
Emporio is fixing bugs much faster than Valve :)
My friend just finished the game (worked like a charm) and I can't play it because here (some small country from Europe) it's not available in the stores yet. I don't know how long I can stand this. I want to support Valve because it's clearly the game of the year but f*ck, it supposed to be a global release.

Yep and they can only ban people by IP but you can get a new IP easly, if they ban the steam account used to connect to internet it won't make any difference because if people download the game i don't think they 'll have it on there steam account.

zamolx32 said:
sneaky, dream on dude.
There are more versions released (at least 3).
The last one doesn't have any more bugs than the original game.
Emporio is fixing bugs much faster than Valve :)
My friend just finished the game (worked like a charm) and I can't play it because here (some small country from Europe) it's not available in the stores yet. I don't know how long I can stand this. I want to support Valve because it's clearly the game of the year but f*ck, it supposed to be a global release.
Emporio has been shut down...btw.

electronic squid said:
Its bullsh*t, and you believe it
http://halflife2.filefront.com/news/HalfLife_2_Pirated_Warez_Version_Info;13907

No they havn't, they are still working on hl2 stuff, im afraid we have to just wait and see. Anyway, if what Gabe was saying is true...people who download pirated games dont really need a steam account...the only people who would get banned are people who need their steam accounts (people who have bought hl2 allready)

Stef said:
False

It would be illegal.

No it would _not_ be illegal. It violates no laws. It causes no harm to the computer. All it does is disable their steam account. The only crime commited is having an illegal copy of the game in your possesion.

bigj

Emporio is gone, take my word for it. Their main coder/cracker left due to people criticizing them because their first released was flawed. Emporio is no more, and there will be no more releases. So don't worry about them, but there are other crackers and such that will release this game. They did release HL2 before they broke up, but it's flawed, and needs a fix to work.

zamolx32 said:
I can't play it because here (some small country from Europe) it's not available in the stores yet. I don't know how long I can stand this. I want to support Valve because it's clearly the game of the year but f*ck, it supposed to be a global release.

www.steampowered.com

Buy it online... that's what I did.

Ok people here is the offical shit.

The first version Emporio released was "NUKED" (meaning non working).It crashed after minutes of gameplay.Patches have been issued for the release but some torrent sites have stopped carrying Emporio releases due to the fact of their conflict with valvue.Their tracker is still online but their forums have closed.Emporio was never really a release group.They always had some flaws in my point of view.

Reloaded or any other release group has not released a version yet,who knows why.
Put it this way Emporio version is nuked.All other versions are the BETA.

Not supporting warez but getting the facts straight

Warez monkeys are douchbags. Buy the goddamn game. Can't afford it? Tough shit, get a job. Not in stores near you? Buy it off of Steam.

gelob isn't a warezer, but he likes to learn about warez happenings to let legitimate gamers know whats going on. what a guy!

That wasn't for Gelob. I follow the scene too just to see all the whining and bitching about bugs and things. There was some joker going on about he couldn't wait for it because it's not available in stores near him yet because he's in Eastern Europe somewhere. Sorry, I just HATE warez monkeys.

I was the "joker" saying I cannot find the game on stores. It was not a joke, it was the truth. Anyway, it was made available yesterday and I bought it.

However, based on the information provided by Gelob the warez versions should not work because there are only betas.
Well, like I said before : my friend finished the warez version without crashes.

Back