Half-Life 2: Deathmatch and Source Engine Updates Available

Like was said earlier in this thread... i dont think Valve left this one in the oven long enough :p

dm_runoff is really poor, even the contest maps are better.
amatures that make better maps than the paid pros? aw come on Valve.

this map looks uncompleted: if you fly around the level in noclip mode, you can find out a hidden drain

Lemonking said:
No VAC2 that kinda pisses me off....
Last time Valve mentioned VAC2 (about a month ago), they said that was the last they would say about it. They don't want to give anybody advanced warning when it's turned on, but you'll know when it's activated because the forums will be flooded with people bitching about being banned from secure servers.

mr.pink said:
this map looks uncompleted: if you fly around the level in noclip mode, you can find out a hidden drain

I was looking at the same thing. Cant image why it is still there. Also I havent found a reason for that large wood textured wall in the skybox but I might be missing something.

Here's a little exploit that will make some players very thankful:
dm_runoff0001.jpg

Sanada said:
Also, the doors that seel just before the pods drop can be jammed with non-breakable objects.

Other than that, great map.
Just like in hl² crossfire if memory serves, and just like in real life (pretty sure memory serves on that one) :) :rolleyes:

And they just released a patch to fix the multiple fireings exploit. Should be much more playable now.

Edit: This patch also adds an invisible wall over the fence so you can jump TO it and WALK on it, you just can't get over the edge.

When you ride the console up into its holding area, it does a fair amount of damage to you every second, plenty to kill a normal player before they can set it off again, but with enough time to make it back to the bunker. Although if you had god mode..

Nice quick response to some hard to uncover issues! Good job valve!

Back