Half-Life 2: Ep. 3 Release Date

MacBowes

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the correct release date or not, but I found this on IGN:

By the way, if this is old, my bad and feel free to delete this thread :)

http://pc.ign.com/objects/830/830474.html

Here it says that HL2: Ep. 3 is going to be released on December 31, 2009. Is that correct? I hope not... I was guessing that it would be released (at the latest) sometime in June.

For me it says "TBA 2009" and "Unreleased: UK". Also, looking around the site I found a piece of art I'd not seen before:

HL2_EP2_Concept_Art_Pics_1.jpg

I'm guessing it's not official, unless I missed something.

Wow, that looks really cool! I've never seen that before, not sure if it's official or not but cool none-the-less.

As for the release date, here's what it says for me:

Release Date: December 31, 2009

I've not seen that before either, highly possible it's fan or site made. Easily done with a picture of Alyx and the chopper we saw at the end of Episode 3, but you never know?

Release date isn't accurate on the site for sure, a rough guess at the quarter will be the closest anyone will ever get, Valve never provide definitive dates until closer to the time and when the project's completion is within sight. Now is far too early.

I think I've seen it. Concept art or summat? For Ep. 2. There was speculation about the chopper.

My guess it will be a simlar to Episode 2, so it will be fall 2009.

Yeah that pic is old, used to be my desktop way before Orange Box came out.

For me it says "TBA 2009" and "Unreleased: UK". Also, looking around the site I found a piece of art I'd not seen before:

HL2_EP2_Concept_Art_Pics_1.jpg

I'm guessing it's not official, unless I missed something.

This is old >.>, how the hell have you guys not seen it? I remember when it was posted on Steam. This picture and 2 other renditions were like concept/ production art for EPisode 2. Its a picture of the helicopter in that hanger at the end where eli gets killed. Sorry, its old and was for the upcoming release of Episode 2.

As for the release date, id say its just an accurate guess as TBA means To be announced which valve will give us loads of info next year on Ep 3.

hl2-e2-art.jpg
Cant find the third one

Forget Steam, this was also posted in the news and announcements forum about six months before Ep2 release

I'll give you a hint, it was the concept art for the Hanger /Advisor encounter, where they killed Eli

Is it just me or does the chopper look very out of proportion. It looks too small. Compare it to the stair case to the left.

TRAILERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...I remember the day when I first saw the ep 2 trailer...mmmmmm good days;(

btw no sexual pun indended

lol wut

I love it when people take everything that is said way too seriously... As for the sexual pun, if you are really immature enough to find a pun in the word "size" then you seriously need help. :p

And, the "release date" I believe, is utter bullshit. :D

2040, at best. :/

I'm guessing 2010...

If Ep3 really is "ending the current story arc," it'll probably take Valve a longer time to produce than the other episodes.

Probably Q1 2010.

I don't know, Valve seem to have some sort of homoerotic obsession with Q4. Almost all of their games come out then, the only exception I can think of being Episode One.

Although if Valve are still developing the story, as they said they were a while back, 2009 seems way too early.

4th quarter 2009 if we're lucky. Probably early to mid 2010 in reality.

As it stands now, assuming they really were in production just before Ep2 was released like they said they were, Ep3 is 10 months into production. Between Episode 1 and 2's release was a period of 16 months. If it takes that long, February-April of '09 could be theorized, however I want this last one to actually last at the LEAST 5 or 6 hours in length (ep1 took me over 3 hours, while ep2 took me just over 4... I was slightly disappointed). I'd hope Q3/4 of '09 (a year from today). Even October of '09 would have given it a full 24 months of production. Looking back at the other two episodes, that's more than ample. 2010 sounds too long to me. I can't imagine waiting an entire 2009 for an episode.

2010 sounds too long to me. I can't imagine waiting an entire 2009 for an episode.
Remember we're on Valve time here. Just when you expect it to appear ........ it gets put back at least 6 months! So by your well theorised Feb-Apr 2009 estimate that pushes things dangerously close to 2010. Also people are expecting a lot from the final Episode. The 4-5 hours play we got from EP's 1 & 2 won't really cut it for most I'm sure. That would have to be a bloody good 4-5 hours if it did.

People are expecting Valve to pull out all the stops for this one, which means longer development time. For me these factors push things at least into 2010. And I base that on Valve's previous HL releases, none of which have made it out on time. It's no surprise Valve are keeping quiet about any possible release date for EP3.

Of course pulling out all the stops could mean (in some universe at least) that Valve surprises everyone & release this game a lot quicker than expected. This would presumably assume that they have actually been working hard on EP3 production since before EP2 was released. Imagine that? It's hard I know :LOL:

Remember we're on Valve time here. Just when you expect it to appear ........ it gets put back at least 6 months! So by your well theorised Feb-Apr 2009 estimate that pushes things dangerously close to 2010. Also people are expecting a lot from the final Episode. The 4-5 hours play we got from EP's 1 & 2 won't really cut it for most I'm sure. That would have to be a bloody good 4-5 hours if it did.

People are expecting Valve to pull out all the stops for this one, which means longer development time. For me these factors push things at least into 2010. And I base that on Valve's previous HL releases, none of which have made it out on time. It's no surprise Valve are keeping quiet about any possible release date for EP3.

Of course pulling out all the stops could mean (in some universe at least) that Valve surprises everyone & release this game a lot quicker than expected. This would presumably assume that they have actually been working hard on EP3 production since before EP2 was released. Imagine that? It's hard I know :LOL:

If valve pushes it back, thats fine by me... Lets not forget this is the ending of the hl2 story we're talking about, its like the most important chapter. I hope it's perfect, like hl2 and episode 2 were... When they delayed episode 2, they changed some really major stuff, like the car, some of the levels.... when they delay, they don't do it to piss us off , they do it to adjust some things to make the game more near-perfect...

While I hate delays, I'll be glad for it when it's out. This is Valve we're talking about - they actually make delays worthwhile in perfecting everything they can about their product.

Gawd I hope it is Quarter 4 2009. I can't imagine waiting the whole of 2009 for an episode

The 4-5 hours play we got from EP's 1 & 2 won't really cut it for most I'm sure. That would have to be a bloody good 4-5 hours if it did.
1 & 2 are only four hours? That sucks, I somehow I can make them last longer...definitely will play them on very difficult settings to try and slow down my progress. EP3 better be 5 hours minimu, and a perfect one at that.

Unfortunately, all this hype and anticipation will do nothing but make 3 suck when it comes out because we want so much and Valve wont be able to pull it off...though I pray they do.

1 & 2 are only four hours? That sucks, I somehow I can make them last longer...definitely will play them on very difficult settings to try and slow down my progress. EP3 better be 5 hours minimu, and a perfect one at that.

Unfortunately, all this hype and anticipation will do nothing but make 3 suck when it comes out because we want so much and Valve wont be able to pull it off...though I pray they do.

STOP REVIVING THREADS ALREADY!!!

also he meant that ep 1 and 2 are 4-5hrs each.....

Sorry, this was shown under new posts for some odd reason so I didnt bother to check the date.

YOU CAN PUT YOUR PANTIES BACK!!!!!

2010?!?!?!? I cant wait 2 years for the last episode, no no i cant wait even 2 minutes.
This sucks we have to wait 2 years for the release of the last episode.

Episode 3 will probably released in 3/4 or 4/4 of 2009. Any later than that seems abit silly.

Back