Half Life 2 Episode 1 Chapter Summary (Spoilers)

Preator

Reaction score
Warning Before reading this please take note that this may contain spoilers

Undue Alarm - After witnessing the Citadel's master portal device exploding and being immersed in an odd time warp where "The Gman" was about to return Gordon to stasis, Gordon now finds himself beneath rubble at the foot of the citadel, seconds after awakening, you find Dog, Alyx's Robo-Pet has found you and lifted you from the scene of your crash landing, After Dog has given back Gordon's Gravity Gun, Gordon is back in action, you reach a communications relay device that Alyx has made operational so that Gordon and herself may contact Eli Vance and Dr Kleiner, After hearing the news that the Citadel is at critical levels and may explode at any minute, Dr Kleiner tries to ease the situation by telling Eli that theres nothing to fear because Alyx and Gordon are probably miles away from the City right now. Alyx Quickly informs Kleiner and Kleiner goes into meltdown, saying Gordon and Alyx won't have enough time to get away. but there might be a way to spare them some time, if they can reach the core they may be able to hold out the blast and maybe help more civilians evacuate the city. after Alyx has negotiated with her father that it'll be ok, Gordon and Alyx must now find a way BACK INTO the citadel. yay fun.. not >.<

Direct Intervention - After waiting for a few minutes, Dog comes up with a plan to get you back into the citadel, throwing a van over a heap of rubble and landing next to both Gordon and Alyx, Alyx then agrees with Dog and explains to Gordon that "He is a robot" and that "He's done the math" followed by a really funny under Alyx's breath comment towards Dog, "You did do the math.. right?". After getting into the Van and being thrown into the citadel you find yourself in the middle of a broken about to explode area that is in the brink of chaos itself. While tearing through a destroyed citadel you come into contact with a very large and powerful being known as a Combine Advisor, as Gordon and Alyx stand infront of this immense slug like being, you get to taste the true power of the combine, The advisor sends brain melting waves of power through the air and into you heads blurring your visions and confusing you. the Advisor then gets launched away, still wondering what the being was Gordon and Alyx are safe from the advisors grasp and continue on their way. After reactivating the core containment field Gordon and Alyx find a transmission that the combine are using the citadels explosion to send out a transmission to their homeworld. also a message from Dr Mossman, after watching the video, you make your way out of the citadel by means of a Razor train, that is used for large transportation of Stalkers, the train then crashes and awakens all the stalkers in it, after waking up from a knock about, you find alyx is under a stalker cage and Gordon must free her before continuing on.

Lowlife - After escaping from the train, Alyx and Gordon must now fight through the rubble of dark and deserted underground parking garages, tunnels and blocking off Antlion burrows and fighting headcrab zombies and Zombines in a pitch black environment, while finding a way to go up to the surface of city 17. Eventually, Gordon and Alyx manage to find the exit of underground train station and reach to the surface.

Urban Flight - After freeing yourself from the Citadel, you find that the citadel isn't the only thing that is trashed, the entire City 17 is reformed to rubble, the screens used by Breen to send out propaganda is now being used by Dr Kleiner providing support to the remaining resistance members. Alyx and Gordon eventually meet up with Barney Calhoun and a group of other survivors who are preparing to move on a train station in order to escape City 17. With the Combine still following, Gordon and Alyx split up from the group and move through a derelict hospital so as to draw the remaining Combine forces away from the refugees.

Exit 17 - Upon reuniting with Barney at the train station, Alyx and Gordon work cooperatively to move the citizens to the trains, while facing increasing Combine opposition. They then decide to stay behind to lure the Combine away from Barney and the citizens as they board the train and make their escape.
After battling Combine soldiers and a strider, the duo reprogram another train and board the caboose. As the train carries Gordon and Alyx away, the Citadel is seen in the background with the reactor core once again about to explode, and the Combine's message is sent. Several pods similar to the one containing the Combine Advisors in the control room are ejected from the Citadel as it detonates. They scatter and fly in random directions away from the Citadel, two of them passing overhead. As each does so, Gordon and Alyx are hit with another red psychic blast. The force of the shockwave from the exploding Citadel causes metal chunks and wreckage to fly toward the train Gordon and Alyx are on as it sends its final transmission, and the screen fades to an ominous white as the shockwave overtakes the train. the last thing you hear is Alyx whispering to you "Gordon...."

Why are you summarizing Episode One? I doubt that there's anyone who has yet to play it. I don't intend to sound rude, but what's the point of this?

some people can't play Half Life 2 and the xpacs, not good enough pc's etc, so giving them a hand so they can enjoy the games story too it's not the same but helps i guess

Post it on wiki, it's where it belongs.

I gotta wonder...you've been here 3 days at most and have 47 posts?

Come here most of the time, seemingly after quitting wow, i have a lot of time to waste and i read and reply to most threads that i find interesting, plus i'm on holidays =P

Back