Half-Life 2 Exclusive Strategy Guide released 9/23?

I think that vendi and valve are in a secret battle ... and prima stratagy guides probably contacted valve (Gabe) to see when they can release it and of course gabe says a little before the game hits shelves ... hence 9/26/03 ... make sence?

Originally posted by pHATE1982
Just a few points...

1)The game isn't released yet, so no-one has played it.
2)You can't write a strategey book if you havn't played the game.
3)Strategy guides arn't written in house, they are liscensed.
4)THE GAME DOSN'T EXIST YET HENCE A STRATEGY GUIDE CAN'T BE BLOODY WRITTEN YET.
5)Calm down.
6)It would take time to write and edit a stratedgy guide.
7)The game isn't out yet.
8)The stratedgy guide will come out a few days after the game, or on the same day.
9)You can't write a book without any information on what you are writting about
10)Am i repeating myself?

edit: 11) Havn't you all learnt yet that the dates any company gives is pure BS?

so.....wrong....most games have strategy guide out THE SAME DAY THE GAME COMES OUT. I'd like to see you write a strategy guide in like 5 minutes, ship it out to every place in North America (at least) in another 5...they're given a copy of the game (beta I guess?) to do a strategy guide....

ebgames.com say'd the strat guide will come out in sept but now it says " Pre-Order: Ships on 10/15/2003"... :x

Originally posted by sayam
I think that vendi and valve are in a secret battle ... and prima stratagy guides probably contacted valve (Gabe) to see when they can release it and of course gabe says a little before the game hits shelves ... hence 9/26/03 ... make sence?
No...

Originally posted by pHATE1982
Just a few points...

1)The game isn't released yet, so no-one has played it.
2)You can't write a strategey book if you havn't played the game.
3)Strategy guides arn't written in house, they are liscensed.
4)THE GAME DOSN'T EXIST YET HENCE A STRATEGY GUIDE CAN'T BE BLOODY WRITTEN YET.
5)Calm down.
6)It would take time to write and edit a stratedgy guide.
7)The game isn't out yet.
8)The stratedgy guide will come out a few days after the game, or on the same day.
9)You can't write a book without any information on what you are writting about
10)Am i repeating myself?

edit: 11) Havn't you all learnt yet that the dates any company gives is pure BS?

I read in an email sent to gabe or in an interview that the prima people had already written it. So, you're totally and completely wrong.

Originally posted by VoidWraith
I read in an email sent to gabe or in an interview that the prima people had already written it. So, you're totally and completely wrong.
Linkz?

Back