Half-Life 2 Expansion Confirmed

Yeah, despite the fact that what he said was utter bollocks, it wasn't racist.

Darkside55 said:
When he locks you out from taking off with your squad, most notably. When he rearms the nuke with you still inside the base. Go back and play it; he toys with you. Also keep in mind that the G-man was willing to sacrifice Gordon, who had far, far more potential in his pinky than Shephard has in his whole body. Do you really think that if Gordon couldn't do his job, the G-man would've stepped in and saved him? Be serious. What more, then, would G-man care about a man he preserved simply because he (Shephard) reminded him of himself?
Much of that is Gearbox's failing, though. Even with Gordon, the G-man didn't take overt steps to guide him on his way or help him out. He didn't do anything at all. In OpFor it's as if the G-man does what he wants to Shephard, purely on a whim. One moment he saves you, the next he makes you keep fighting. Gearbox made it seem like the G-man had his hand in the proverbial cookie jar at all times, with Shephard.

He's dead; please, he won't be returning. Even if he was not dead, have you read some of the things people come up with about Shephard's possible role in HL's continuity (especially with regard to the Combine)? It's ludicrous. Seriously, I made the reference to Boba Fett earlier because that's what people are making him out to be; I've even heard people say, before the game was released, that maybe Shephard would be the base for the Combine soldier, who are clones of him. Honestly, wtf?

you are on the side of a very very small minority with all the crap youve posted :cheers:

Sars said:
you idiot
Ok I'm refraining from flaming you......Unless you were playing around or jk you need a sense of humor or some morphine lol morphine administered.

Shephard sucks, calhoun rules, gordon rules even more, Alyx rules and it will be fun playing as her and the worst thing gearbox ever did was having g-man talk in a cellphone for which they deserve to die. There, I'm done.

Wasnt there a poll on this ages ago
Shephard won by a landslide

AJ Rimmer said:
the worst thing gearbox ever did was having g-man talk in a cellphone for which they deserve to die. There, I'm done.
Meh. I didn't mind that at all - it showed that he was working with others, which added to the consiratorial nature of his character. Especially because at that time I was still under the impression that he really was from the government.

el Chi said:
Meh. I didn't mind that at all - it showed that he was working with others, which added to the consiratorial nature of his character. Especially because at that time I was still under the impression that he really was from the government.
G-man cannot use a bloody Nokia!!! It's just not... him.

I didn't read the whole thread, but in case you don't know, that is fake. I receive a games newsletter and they said that is fake. (yes, they were talking about the pc gamer one...). They said that Valve said that it was fake.

I have to agree that Shephard has no potential as a character. Gordon is valuable not only because of his own potential, but the connections he made with people who then went on to be key figures in the resistance movement.

Shephard will stay in his detention. Note the differences in how HL1 and Op4 end, Freeman is hired awaiting assignment, and Shephard is detained. The G-Man has put him there as a just incase, and I don't think he's really necessary. What's the point of putting him into the 7 hour war? What would he actually achieve?

AJ Rimmer said:
G-man cannot use a bloody Nokia!!! It's just not... him.
He's gotta communicate with his... employers... somehow.

God I loved how the G-Man that - the pause before it was so gloriously sinister! No... employers... anymore though. Veeeerrry interesting.

Epsi said:
The G-Man has put him there as a just incase, and I don't think he's really necessary. What's the point of putting him into the 7 hour war? What would he actually achieve?
Well, judging by the outcome, f*ck all.

Me want Shepard! Me want Shepard!

Shepard ain't dead! I can assure you that! If you think he is dead, than you didnt listen what the G-man said to him at the ending of Opfor! So, ME-WANT-SHEPARD-BACK!

I have decided to write here, what the G-man says to Adrian at the osprey. Sorry if I go off topic.

''So Corporal Shepard, did we meet atlast. Please, dont think that I have been avoiding you, a great many matters require my attention in these troubled times. I do hope you understand and now I require a further indulgence on your part. I cannot close my report until every loose-end has been tied up. The biggest embarassement has been Black Mesa Facility but I think that has been finally taken care of itself.

(explosion from Black Mesa)

Quite so..

(Osprey teleports to unknown Xen-territory)

But there is still the lingering matter of witnesses. I admit, I have fascination to those who adapt at surviving against all odds. They rather remind me of myself. If for no other reason, I have argued to preserve you for a time.

(Osprey teleports again)

While I believe a civil servant like yourself understands the importance of discretion, my employers are not quite so trusting. And rather than continually subjecting to the ir-resistable human temptation of telling all, if decided to convey you someway you can do no possible harm. And where no harm can come to you. I'm sure you can imagine, there are worse alternatives.

Subject: Shepard

''Further evaluation pending''

Ps: I think I should have posted this to the Single-Player Section cause this does contain some spoilers to me, sorry.

MigaS_tX said:
in case you don't know, that is fake.
Valve said ""we have not announced any plans to develop an expansion pack. Not the same as "none of our staff have let slip - yet again - about an expansion that everyone knows is coming out anyway". They said nothing about it being "fake" at all, and the news sites that claimed it were need to go back to journo school for their inability to read the proper meanings of media institution BS.

Sweet. Can't wait. :) I'm also going to play the Doom 3 expansion.

Yeah.. OpFor was such a great game... If only they had an alternate game where the Opsrey made it to the LZ. That would've been so awesome.

we cant be alyx, then we cant oggle over her. jk

Like said b4 it doesn't really matter. The Alyx Gun is badass and more time with Dog will be cool. So looking foward to this

Milkman said:
YES WE DO!
Shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up, you're all nuts, shepard sucks fish noodles.

have any of you ever heard of dis-information?
It's the process of leaking something, to make someone look the other way.(the CIA tried to use it aganist the KGB once)

So maybe Alyx won't be a Expansion character, maybe she will.
I won't mind a chracter who noone knows, a City 17 citizen maybe, a Civil Protection guys... the list goes on.

Is confirmed by someone from Valve?????
btw I want Shephard!

There are somethings i hate and wich i see in so many forums and Threads, when people spell the character names wrong, i mean, the name of the soldier u play In Opposing force is not Adrien Shepherd, in the beginning of the game it says "Adrian Shephard" And its not only his name who get spelled wrong, people who think they are experienced Half Life fans cant even spell Gordon Freemans name right! and hes what we maybe could call the Main Character, they spell it Gorden Freman or Gordan Free Man, i know all makes some misstakes with the keyboard so all such names aint N00b-faulths , but i see several people who writes that all the time, on Steams forum i saw a moron who said " I kno all about Half Life and Gordan Fremen!"

I do admit i make misstakes when spelling the names of characters, but i do not make the same misstake all the time!

By the way, i Hope we'll see Adrian Shephard in a future expansion, hes the coolest character in Half Life, dosent matter what those braindead worms that DO NOT think so says

Kildnitskov said:
but i do not make the same misstake all the time!
Really? You've misspelled the word "mistake" as "misstake" three times in one post. :rolleyes:

sfc_hoot said:
Really? You've spelled the word "mistake" as "misstake" three times one post. :rolleyes:
And he forgot almost every apostrophe, and wrote Half life instead of Half-life.

It seems to make sense to me that you would play ALyx in the expansion. They already have the connections to the HL2 storyline built, and most of us didn't even realize it. I'm pretty sure that i could summerize the game pretty easily, as could alot of people.

But see, here's the thing...I don't care who the character is...I just want more of Source-based games!(Vampires sucked in relation to Valve's Source, so don't even go there.)

"My Dad built him to protect me when i was little. The first model was yay high, and i've been adding onto him ever since."

Alyxgun? Hmmm....

I would really like to play more outddor/city type levels in Source. But the 7 hour war idea might just be the best...you could even throw a good storyline in there....who says the ALyx expansion isn't a 7-hour war? Uh, fighting with the resistance?

If you ask me, a VERY good expansion whould be that, that Adrian Shepard whould be at the 7-hour war fighting with the humans against the invading Combine. It could make a great story-line and could have lot of action. It whould also give us more info about the story. (G-man?)

Well, I had been wondering whether the G-Man wanted the Combine to take over Earth. If he had such faith in Freeman being able to topple the Combine almost single-handedly then why didn't he send him into the 7-hour war?

el Chi said:
Well, I had been wondering whether the G-Man wanted the Combine to take over Earth. If he had such faith in Freeman being able to topple the Combine almost single-handedly then why didn't he send him into the 7-hour war?

Maeby the G-Man and his employers wanted to find out the intensions of the Combine first. Besides, I think Gordon Freeman whould have had less chances to survive. And cause he is the main-character of Half-Life, no-one whould have wanted him to get killed. :)

Jack Thomas said:
Maeby the G-Man and his employers wanted to find out the intensions of the Combine first. Besides, I think Gordon Freeman whould have had less chances to survive. And cause he is the main-character of Half-Life, no-one whould have wanted him to get killed. :)
You're probably right that Gordon might have had less chance of survival during the war. But I'm not so sure the G-Man works for his "employers" any more; he never mentions them. I'm wondering if actually he's now working freelance, pimping Gordon :) He definitely seems to have his own agenda.

He does work for his employers. He mentiones about them at the ending of Half-Life 2.

Nope. He says that he's received some interesting offers, nothing about his employers. "Ordinarily I wouldn't consider them..." Sounds to me like the G-Man is running his own show now.

I wonder if Gordon has a choice about how deep he wants to get into his contract without being burdened morally. Hmm..

Greatgat said:
I wonder if Gordon has a choice about how deep he wants to get into his contract without being burdened morally. Hmm..
10 to 1 says he doesn't.

did anybody read my post? (few pages back) come on, if i was valve i'd leak wrong info, ppl would be looking the other way, leaving you in peace, to do you work on another expansion

kupoartist said:
Valve said ""we have not announced any plans to develop an expansion pack. Not the same as "none of our staff have let slip - yet again - about an expansion that everyone knows is coming out anyway". They said nothing about it being "fake" at all, and the news sites that claimed it were need to go back to journo school for their inability to read the proper meanings of media institution BS.

The news is fake! If the expansion is fake or not, i dunno, but the news is fake. ;)

Back