Half-Life 2 expansion part 2

F

floppy

I've opened another thread regarding the Half-Life 2 expansion, because the other one was closed. Let's continue our discussion here, and please, don't piss off the moderators :|

well, since both of the other threads are closed, I see no reason why this shouldn't be ok.

I preferred Llama's - discussion and foul-mouthed abusiveness

Are they going make a half-life2 game where you’re the combine soldier or civil protection? (expansion that is)

Do you know what people. I’m getting tired of DBZs mods. I mean , they have so many games of the DBZ (don’t get me wrong, its Cool!).

The point I’m trying to make is that I would like a another anime mod.

Something that will go good in half-life 2 storyline, in other words, mixing half-life2 with an anime.

Like Ghost in the Shell, or Sailor Moon, or Akira, or Iria, or green legend, or silent Mobius.

I have good storylines that can go good with HL2, of any of these animes I named.

So what do you SAY people!!!!!!

Roman Legion said:
Are they going make a half-life2 game where you’re the combine soldier or civil protection? (expansion that is)

Do you know what people. I’m getting tired of DBZs mods. I mean , they have so many games of the DBZ (don’t get me wrong, its Cool!).

The point I’m trying to make is that I would like a another anime mod.

Something that will go good in half-life 2 storyline, in other words, mixing half-life2 with an anime.

Like Ghost in the Shell, or Sailor Moon, or Akira, or Iria, or green legend, or silent Mobius.

I have good storylines that can go good with HL2, of any of these animes I named.

So what do you SAY people!!!!!!

What does a HL2 expansion have to do with Dragonball Z?

I was talking about mods too, don’t get me wrong Dragonball Z is cool, is just I'll like to see another anime mod.

and now obout the expansion.

Are they going make a half-life2 game where you’re the combine soldier or civil protection?

And if there not what is it going to be about, or are they giong to make one at all?

Wait, your other threads are closed and you made another one about the same thing?

I totally wish I was a moderator right now. :|

I think the best characters for expansions:

1) Barney
Perhaps this expansion could be more of a Battlefield-style game, set during the Combine invasion. I guess some people wouldn't like that though. Otherwise it could be a normal HL game set in that time or maybe after Gordon destroys the Citadel.

2) Adrian Shepherd
I'm sure the G-man will have something for him to do. You can do pretty much anything with this guy.

3) Alyx
I'm sure she didn't die in the explosion. G-man obviously shows interest in her, plus she is a very detailed character and it would be a waste to never see her again. The game could start at the explosion, with the G-man walking up to her (the player).

jondyfun said:
I preferred Llama's - discussion and foul-mouthed abusiveness

Is that a compliment or sarcasm? :hmph:

Danimal said:
Wait, your other threads are closed and you made another one about the same thing?

I totally wish I was a moderator right now. :|

I wish i was that every, every day. Fricken spammers, absuive sobs and trolls.

*Samon: Forum police

I am a vigilante, taking the law into my own hands...

:p

Black Ops4 said:
I think the best characters for expansions:

1) Barney
Perhaps this expansion could be more of a Battlefield-style game, set during the Combine invasion. I guess some people wouldn't like that though. Otherwise it could be a normal HL game set in that time or maybe after Gordon destroys the Citadel.

2) Adrian Shepherd
I'm sure the G-man will have something for him to do. You can do pretty much anything with this guy.

3) Alyx
I'm sure she didn't die in the explosion. G-man obviously shows interest in her, plus she is a very detailed character and it would be a waste to never see her again. The game could start at the explosion, with the G-man walking up to her (the player).

You're forgetting the best person for new Half-Life stuff: Gordon Freeman himself. They were pratically advertising a potential series of episodic content at the end of HL2 (With the G-man sending Gordon out on various missions he's be contracted for), and Newell has mentioned in the past that he would like to have Valve producing episodic content as well.

However, Gabe also mentioned that he'd like to do a game about Dog and Alyx set before Half-Life 2. Looks like we got that one first :D

Sincerely,
Jeremy Dunn

I'd be annoyed with Valve if Alyx doesn't die. Alyx's death is supposed to make a point about the G-Man; he is not your ally, and sure as hell not your friend.

He has an agenda, and he'll do anything to see it completed, including letting Alyx die.

I'll be very disappointed if Valve pull that punch.

Samon said:
I wish i was that every, every day. Fricken spammers, absuive sobs and trolls.

*Samon: Forum police

I am a vigilante, taking the law into my own hands...

:p

I'm pretty sure you'll abuse it in the end :p

why no news about the hl2 addon on the newspage? because this info from some mag still didn't get published offcially on the net?

Black Ops4 said:
3) Alyx
Nah, if they do an Alyx expansion, I think it's pretty much common knowledge that it will be a prequel of sorts to Gordon's arrival. Quite how that'll work will prove to be interesting, but it will flesh out the backstory very nicely and, no doubt, answer some questions raised in the course of HL2.

you can play as alyx and maybe even dog like it was said in this piece of info.

Alyx will probably live, she has abilities the G-Man would like to employ I think.

I think a Barney expansion is likely, I think it would be fun.

Epsi said:
I'd be annoyed with Valve if Alyx doesn't die. Alyx's death is supposed to make a point about the G-Man; he is not your ally, and sure as hell not your friend.
Why do you think that?
G-man or someone/something with greater power than him obviously wants to stop the Combine or save Earth, that can't be a bad thing, can it?

Epsi said:

He has an agenda, and he'll do anything to see it completed, including letting Alyx die.

I'll be very disappointed if Valve pull that punch.

i agree 100%

gman is a bastard and i hope alyx dies :thumbs: . don't get me wrong she's a great character, the best looking one at least :cheers: , but if he lets her live, i personally feel it would ruin the integrity and credibility of gman as a charcter and the the story in whole.

Black Ops4 said:
Why do you think that?
G-man or someone/something with greater power than him obviously wants to stop the Combine or save Earth, that can't be a bad thing, can it?

.....can it?
:naughty:

Who knows what the repercussions will be. In HL2 you're just fighting bad guy aliens to save your good guy friends and your own good guy arse. But at the same time there's this grey guy in the background...he lets you kill Nihilanth, but doesn't do anything to stop the Earth getting ruined in the 10 years afterward.

Blowing the reactor is what GMan wants you to do, but there's no guarantee that it will result in the rosiest outcome for all your friends.

So Alyx should die because GMan is evil...but I've no objection to a game set before the end of HL2. Apart from the fact Valve have already fleshed out :)naughty:) her character quite nicely in HL2 and now they are suddenly going to decide that "You are Alyx, you feel what she feels"....

Sam2k said:
Alyx will probably live, she has abilities the G-Man would like to employ I think.

I think a Barney expansion is likely, I think it would be fun.

I'll bet she has some abilities that I'd like to employ... :naughty:

Back to the question of playing a combine soldier or overwatch...i just had an awesome idea: an expansion that lets you play a combine overwatch cop, a human who joined the civil protection because he got in a way brainwashed by the lies of dr breen and sincerely believed that he was doing mankind a service, this is where it gets good, say on a routine mission or patrol there is an incident concerning a rebel attack and you(the combine cop) stumble into a unathorised area and discover the truth about the combine and the fate of humanity, this changes your thoughts on your "benefactors" and starts to change your idea about the combine, the next time a rebel ambush occurs, you attempt to help out the rebels but are knocked out and taken prisoner by the rebels, you are interrogated however you win the rebels trust by providing essential information against the combine and enp up working for them as a double agent, and to top if off, the end chapters of the game would compromise of infiltrating barney into the civil protection, giving him the position where you see him in hl2 and have you prepare things for the coming of the one you yourself never truly believed in: the one FREE - MAN. thre end of the game could have the gman actually see that you are helping the rebels, whcihc somehow helps his agenda and sends you to retrieve one of the last HEV suits on earth, kept by dr Breen in a high clearance complex that houses the last of humanity's great treasures and accomplishements(technology, culture, etc.) and in the very end the Gman tells him: "Very good, i have one more job for you that entails a how do you put it? rescue attempt of a promising young man held by your.....friends, i believe his name is a....shepard....Corporal Shepard......have you heard of him?

Fade to Black with the words:

Subject: David Monk

What do you guys think? think it could work into the game?

well thankyou, i am even starting a short fan fiction of this story, if you guys would like to hear more, i plan to write a few chapters and might be able to have the first chapter finished soon.

yeah i just thought that might be a nice way to tie in to hte main story or one of them, maybe to lend him a hand or something...you know something like barneys role and then is left completely out of Adriens story, just their to rescue him and then he is on his way.

I guess I don't know if the G-Man hasn't got plans for Alyx, but it really looked like she died, and I trust Valve to have enough artistic integrity to not retcon in a way for her to survive. Plus to me, she seemed fairly expendable. Gordon was the catalyst for this huge change in the world. He's a force of nature, almost. Alyx isn't.

Also, I wouldn't call the G-Man evil as such. He's more morally ambiguous. So far, his intentions seem fairly noble, he helps the resistance against the Combine, but at the same time, his end goal was the destruction of that Citadel, and who knows how many deaths he brought about to make that happen? His treatment of Gordon is also fairly bad. He hasn't had a proper rest since the time of the BM incident.

I see the overall feeling is the Gman is an enigma, and is probably more caring of his agenda then of his overall minions... whether he needs (values is probably a better word) Freeman or Alyx is another question. He seems willing to sacrifice a few pawns...

Back