Half-Life 2 Expansion?

DaFreak

Reaction score
-SDK for HL2 Mod Editing and Game Development-

SDK release for mod developers will be after the Half-Life 2 release date. The new HL2 engine will include an upgraded Hammer editor should ship with the new HL game. Valve is apparently already working on a HL2 expansion pack. ...

I got this from Half-life2 Source (that site co-operating with half-life radio). Could someone clear this up for me? Is valve indeed already working on an expansion pack or are they just making stuff up?

http://www.halflifesource.com/ (its at the bottom of the page in the news section.)

The guys at Valve are either taking and extended vacation or are drunk of their asses. Or both.
They probably won't be working on a new expansion untill TF2 is out the door, and that won't be for a while.

A half-life site with barely any news about half-life? That's great..

yeah i know the site sucks but still they must have gotten that info from somewhere and they do talk regularly with valve employees on their show.

Valve has a large group of level designers, artists, modellers and the like, who have been previously employed making stuff for HL2. This means that now HL2 is safely done, they have to be doing something else.

This probably means working on:

CS:S (making more models, and converting over more maps)
DoD:S
TF2

OR

Some currently unannounced HL2 expansion, or early concepting for HL3.

Either that, or having lots and lots of parties. So, it's a pretty good guess that works's already going into an expansion pack.

I don't know where I heard this, but I'm pretty sure at least one expansion is being worked on, and like op-force it will take the game from other people's point of view, like Alyx's

I can't wait to see the expansions. I bet one of them will be from a Resistance Fighter's P.O.V.

Not the regular blue suited ones, but the Lambda team ones. (Those guys look awesome)

I bet it will be when shepard comes out of stasis. You will fight with the after-effects of Gordans onslaught.

Bait said:
The guys at Valve are either taking and extended vacation or are drunk of their asses. Or both.
They probably won't be working on a new expansion untill TF2 is out the door, and that won't be for a while.
Keep in mind that all the HL1 expansions were handled by external developers.

I hope.

I really hope they make an Opposing Force 2. I believe now Adrian Shepard is a big part of this too, his ending was much like Freemans.

As well as TF2 and HL2 DM would be awesome.

Back