Half-Life 2 film started

AudioStar

Reaction score
Here's "Dog" being built.

chemical_brothers0001.jpg

And I must say the scenery looks extremely close to Half-Life 2 in game. I can't wait.

Come on Uwe Boll for director!

*Fingers crossed*

So then... Hilary Swank as Alyx, George Clooney as Barney, Morgan Freeman as Eli :D But who play GMan?...

iMMuNiTy said:
HORRIBLE! C. Walken doesn't look like GMan at all! And Mossman is aged, she's not a 30 year old beauty model (Cate Blanchett). She's a serious, wrinkled 35-40 years old Dr. And Danny Glover sucks as an actor in serious movies. Hopefully they won't make a movie out of those actors.

THEY ARE. Wow. Durrr.

Michelle Forbes. The woman who actually played her. Common sense really :p

AudioStar said:
Here's "Dog" being built.

chemical_brothers0001.jpg

And I must say the scenery looks extremely close to Half-Life 2 in game. I can't wait.
You got my hopes up. I hate you now.

There won't be a Half-Life 2 movie... Seriously guys, you're simply jealous DooM has its movie and Half-Life doesn't.

The only movie Half-Life will have is this one: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0428620/

And the boy's name ain't Gordon, believe me.

iMMuNiTy said:
There won't be a Half-Life 2 movie... Seriously guys, you're simply jealous DooM has its movie and Half-Life doesn't.

The only movie Half-Life will have is this one: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0428620/

And the boy's name ain't Gordon, believe me.

What are you talking about? :|

It is just a bloody joke. Nobody is jealous because the doom movie will suck anyway, and so would a half-life movie. Movies - movies. Games - games.

iMMuNiTy said:

Lay off the aerosol.

All those actors, stated on the G4 page, I agree with.

I think if one of the big hollywood companies, goes to make this, they should take a look at that list, anyone other than Norton as Gordon, anyone other than Harris as the scientist...I dont know if I would want to see the movie after thinking about how good of a combination that would be...

A half-life movie would seem too much like War of the Worlds with the striders and such, and Gordon would talk, which would ruin his image.

iMMuNiTy said:
HORRIBLE! C. Walken doesn't look like GMan at all!

It's not so much the appearence, but the weirdness factor. Walken (like William Shatner) speaks fairly robotically, with emphasis placed usually on the wrong words and short pauses where you wouldn't expect them. His monotone would suit the G-Man well.

iMMuNiTy said:
And Mossman is aged, she's not a 30 year old beauty model (Cate Blanchett). She's a serious, wrinkled 35-40 years old Dr. And Danny Glover sucks as an actor in serious movies.

Cate Blanchett is a brilliant actress and considering the wide range of characters she has played over the years, I have no doubt she could pull off a very convincing Mossman. On the other hand, I would prefer Michelle Forbes not because she was the voice of Judith in the game, but she share's a likeness with her in-game counterpart. Forbes first, Blanchett second.

Out of their choices, the only blotch would be Sean Connery. He has the look, but the Scottish accent and deeper voice already detracts from Breen's child-like persona.

All that being said, I'm going to side with the majority here. The prospect of having the Half-Life series converted into movie form wouldn't work (at least not yet).

b3ll4L! said:
Chemical Brothers - 2005 - Push The Button - Believe
Good song, good album, good group. I'm going to see them at a concert in a month :)

iMMuNiTy said:
Please tell me that you were being sarcastic.

Please.

iMMuNiTy said:
HORRIBLE! C. Walken doesn't look like GMan at all! And Mossman is aged, she's not a 30 year old beauty model (Cate Blanchett). She's a serious, wrinkled 35-40 years old Dr. And Danny Glover sucks as an actor in serious movies. Hopefully they won't make a movie out of those actors.

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT? Christopher Walkin has the PERFECT specs for G-man: old, creepy, same type of voice (speach breaks) etc...although i would think that morgan freeman should play eli

Absinthe said:
Lay off the aerosol.
I think you're the one who needs to lay off the aerosol, dude.

And yes, I know it's simply sarcasm. I simply put the sick joke to an end. I did not find this thread funny not one bit at any moment.

To the person above me who stated Walken is a perfect match of GMan (quote tags not my friend): Walken may fit GMan as an actor (voice, intonation, etc.), but visually they're very different.

iMMuNiTy said:
I think you're the one who needs to lay off the aerosol, dude.

And yes, I know it's simply sarcasm. I simply put the sick joke to an end. I did not find this thread funny not one bit at any moment.

You really, really did not put it across as a joke.

I think our senses of humor differ.

Now back on topic, maybe? If there was one.

There wasn't.

It started out with a picture, but actually it is from a movie from a song. End of story.

Samon said:
We might get Paul Anderson to script...*toes crossed*
Honest to God, it beggars belief how that grotty little scrote managed to f*ck up AvP. Seriously, it's all there set up for you already; no need for this Aztec bollocks, and CERTAINLY no need for the near-romance sub-plot with the Baywatch-esque pally running scenes.
No-one's going to see AvP for a well thought-out plot spanning back thousands of years (not to mention when it contradicts the stories of all of the films from both franchises!?)
Aaaaaahhhh!

hey immunity, when did you sig me?? thank you brotha, i am obliged...

Rafa 5.0 said:
hey immunity, when did you sig me?? thank you brotha, i am obliged...
Thank you. :)

Well, maybe if Walken doesn't sleep a week and feeds only from coffee and salad, then yeah, why not.

suicidekings.jpg

He's a spitting image! Walken is the best choice for the G-Man. He's got that creepiness, and odd speech about him that ties so well with the G-Man. He's Perfect.

immunity you have been posting like crazy for the past 2 days...

Man that picture gave me hope for a millisecond... I hope your happy that your clever joke caused us all pain.

ThrasherX9 said:
He's a spitting image! Walken is the best choice for the G-Man. He's got that creepiness, and odd speech about him that ties so well with the G-Man. He's Perfect.

Exactly. You'd have to be crazy to think otherwise.

Rosario Dawson as Alyx? hmm...could work i suppose although she is a bit tall to be playing that role.
i agree with True Canadian on C. Walken being perfect for the Gman role from a weirdness factor... anyway until Valve themselves comment on a Half Life movie, im really not gonna take these things which pop up every few months or so.

I was just kidding guys. It's not really coming out. GOT YOU.

So gullible..

Back