Half-Life 2 film started

AudioStar said:
I was just kidding guys. It's not really coming out. GOT YOU.

So gullible..

WHAT?! NO MOVIE! omghiwtfbbq!

Someone, quick, gimme the cheetos! Time to shove a cd case up his ass, throw cheetos at him, and force him to tapdance!!!

half-life would make a fantastic film...as long as valve play a large role in the creation of it. Not all conversions turn out shitty, I mean look at Sin city, that turned out pretty good, and thats because the original creater of the comic had a large role in the directing of the movie. Personally, I think Edward norton would make a fantastic gordon, as long as they keep him silent and all. I love that look he has, he can do the look, you know the look? yeah, he can do it.

Gordon in a movie being silent wouldn't work. I guess I'm one of the few who would have no problem with him talking in a movie.

Kamikazie said:
immunity you have been posting like crazy for the past 2 days...
You got a problem? Sue me.

A True Canadian said:
Exactly. You'd have to be crazy to think otherwise.
That answers your question, Kamikazie, yes? :)

wow. that thing just looks messed up.
and hl2 movie couldnt work with gordon in it.
and for the record, sin city was amazing.

iMMuNiTy said:
So then... Hilary Swank as Alyx, George Clooney as Barney, Morgan Freeman as Eli :D But who play GMan?...

George Clooney as Barney? Shame on you! Shame on you!

And Christopher Walken as the Gman

Okay, but we don't need computer animated Combine Soldiers!

ss2892vo.jpg

How are they going to make that thing move? 24 volt servo engines? I don't think so :p

Chrysalid said:
How are they going to make that thing move? 24 volt servo engines? I don't think so :p

It wouldn't all actually be heavy..

Why does it have to be famous people? Remember the one guy that pulled off the HEV suit for Halloween? He had sort of a Gordon look...

The Passion didn't use big-time celebrities, and no-one cared..

VALVe would have to waste way too much money on celebrity appearances..Just get people with semi-experiences in acting, and pay them half what celebrities would ask for...

TST_Devgru Seal said:
Why does it have to be famous people? Remember the one guy that pulled off the HEV suit for Halloween? He had sort of a Gordon look...

The Passion didn't use big-time celebrities, and no-one cared..

VALVe would have to waste way too much money on celebrity appearances..Just get people with semi-experiences in acting, and pay them half what celebrities would ask for...
Yes, that's what casting is for. But we are not preparing actors for a movie, we select celebrities which look like characters from Half-Life 2. My neighbor looks like Gordon Freeman, but if I mentioned him, none of you saw him, and you can't judge if he's similar to the real G. Freeman. :E

special-ed said:
and Gordon would talk, which would ruin his image.
Who says the guy that plays him has to talk? ;) He can probley be a "silent killer" too.

Walken: wake UP, Docta FREEMan, ... wake up and smell the COWbell.

Sorry I just don't see it. He'd come across as too comical and lifelike. G-Man is almost zombielike or inhuman. I'd end up laughing too much.

MuToiD_MaN said:
Walken: wake UP, Docta FREEMan, ... wake up and smell the COWbell.

Sorry I just don't see it. He'd come across as too comical and lifelike. G-Man is almost zombielike or inhuman. I'd end up laughing too much.

Maybe we could make it a comedy/action film Rush Hour style?

Nahh...

TST_Devgru Seal said:
WHAT?! NO MOVIE! omghiwtfbbq!

Someone, quick, gimme the cheetos! Time to shove a cd case up his ass, throw cheetos at him, and force him to tapdance!!!

Haha, i got you to remember that!

TST_Devgru Seal said:
Maybe we could make it a comedy/action film Rush Hour style?

Nahh...

Barney to Gordon: "Do you speak-a in-a English?
Gordon: ...
Barney, louder: "DO YOU SPEAK-A IN-A ENGLISH-A?"
Barney: "For F-ck's Sake, just take out the Strider."

iMMuNiTy said:
Barney to Gordon: "Do you speak-a in-a English?
Barney, louder: "DO YOU SPEAK-A IN-A ENGLISH-A?"
Barney: "For F-ck's Sake, just take out the Strider."

el oh el. lol @ that..

Michelle Forbes, Robert Guilliame and Merle Dandridge are already accomplished actors that look their roles and can play them in real life.

Mike Sharpiro gots the voice and looks but I've never heard of anything live he did so I'm not sure how he'll handle full acting.

iMMuNiTy said:
So then... Hilary Swank as Alyx, George Clooney as Barney, Morgan Freeman as Eli :D But who play GMan?...

Christopher Walken... :D
edit - oh wait, lol, I see this has been discusse already. Well... it came out of my mind immediately, and seeing others feel the same way I guess there is only one man to play that part... Walken!

I also noticed ensign Ro from TNG did a voice for HL2... wow never heard it! and I am a diehard TNG fan! :eek:

Anyone with RtB go to p122/123 and you can see who can play everyone in a HL film.

iMMuNiTy said:

Are you being sarcastic? It's always hard to detect sarcasm in your posts because you don't use correct smilies.

SupaKoopa said:

It just doesn't work like that other HL2 movie. It doesn't look right setting those rendered models in real settings. And why are there already Transhuman forces? That suggests that when the Combine first became known to humanity they already had men as soldiers thats just retarded!

DoctorWeeTodd said:
Are you being sarcastic? It's always hard to detect sarcasm in your posts because you don't use correct smilies.
Couldn't possibly find an older post to reply to?
*SARCASM*

"So then... Hilary Swank as Alyx, George Clooney as Barney, Morgan Freeman as Eli But who play GMan?..."

Half-Life movie!?!?!

I think Half-Life movie will be a very, very good idea. I mean, I think Hollywood is running out of ideas here, so much remakes!!!!

There was not that many great movies this summer, but Star Wars, and The Island. I think War of the Worlds was OK. These three that I named, one is a remake, the other is just a continuation of Star Wars (I do love Star Wars though) the other is either Hollywood’s imagination, or a book (I don’t mind either one as long as it’s a new idea). Or perhaps another remake?
That’s not including a movie about Penguins, come on now Hollywood!!!!!!!!

So maybe by making a Half-Life movie, with a really good directors will shake things up a little. (The reason I say really good directors, is because most movies that came from games are not that good). It will be pretty cool seeing Gordon go to different dimensions and stuff….

“Combine first became known to humanity they already had men as soldiers thats just retarded!”

Its call cloning, or other coincidence out there….etc.

“I've always thought of Edward Norton playing Gordon Freeman.”

I use to have a math teacher that looks exactly like Gordon Freeman, I think that was pretty crazy. I have a picture of him
(in the yearbook), and when I showed my brother and some friends, they freaked out.

No movie I'd say because it has too many time constraints. I'd like a 3d-animated TV show or miniseries using upgraded versions of the HL2 models and levels themselves. Quentin Tarantino, and Bryan Singer should produce the series and direct some episodes since I heard rumors of their interest in the game with guest directors Ridley Scott and M. Night Shyamalan since they fit the action and suspense styles dominating the game.

Each episode should open and/or end with a first person POV as a gimmick and revolve around a single character displaying their personal information like in the first game. But Gordon will always be the focus even though he's not in every episode he still has a dominating presence. The pilot starts with the Tram Ride and ends with a cliffhanger of the marines executing an innocent. The first season then takes us all through the 1st game, it's expansion packs, portal storms, 7 Hours War(which would be real time like 24.) Before starting the second season in City 17.

Too ambitous? Too high priced? Too unbelievable? Too stupid? Too long? Your thoughts?

Will the problem with series is that, today’s movie series are more like soap operas then action. Have you ever seen Battle Star Galactica? And the first couple of seasons of Star Gate (I think they did improve with the newest season) and others. Overall TV series are not like they used to be (in my opinion).

But I don’t fully disagree with a series. I think part one of Half-Life should be a movie, then have a series about opposing
force, and blue shift. Then have a other season about seven-hour then part Half-Life 2 will be a movie.

This has to be good if you ask me.

Roman Legion said:
Will the problem with series is that, today’s movie series are more like soap operas then action. Have you ever seen at Battle Star Galactica? And the first couple of seasons of Star Gate (I think they did improve with the newest season) and others. Overall TV series are not like they used to be (in my opinion).

But I don’t fully disagree with a series. I think part one of Half-Life should be a movie, then have a series about pose in force, and blue shift. Then have a other series about seven-hour then part Half-Life 2 will be a movie.

This has to be good if you ask me.

Think Alias, Lost, and 24 and not BSG and SG-1.

Now combine the shows I listed with MacGyver.

Oh yeah about the cloning...so the Combine has long already recieve samples of human DNA and the Combine had not advanced their technology or changed their look in over a decade?

Well I see were your going with the series. MacGyver looks good.

Well I do have to omit the newest Star Gate season is pretty dang good the one before that called revolution I think, well it's good too.
Is just my point is that you have to have a good director, because most seasons like Law and order, battles Star Galactica, Star Gate Atlantes, Dune, ER, and etc. are like one big soap opera and less action. I mean battles Star Galactica does not explain crap, and it seems to me it’s more about something else then the actual war. This is what I mean about by TV series is not what it used to be overall that it is. Because the old Battle star Galactica was much better.

Will I don’t disagree with you completely, I just think they should make a serious about blue shift, and opposing force. Then have another season of seven-hour and how the combines took over. But then if you think Half-Life or Half-Life 2 movies are going to be too long, well you can always make a volume two (which I don’t really recommend, unless the directors are that good).

Like I said before, Half-Life, then the series of opposing force, and blue shift. Then have a second or third season of seven-hour, and how the Combines takeover. You can also have a series of the Combine soldier or about combine occupation before Half-Life 2 the movie.

But if you can find the right actors, and directors like you said in your listed. Then I’ll not have much of a problem with a series. But sorry I just like theater quality. The reason I say this is because, if you make it in the movies, it has to be good for people to see, second is not the same just watching in the television, it’s more lifelike in theaters. Sorry I pretty much repeated myself, I am trying to make a point.

Back