Half-Life 2 going gold today?

DelaZ

Spy
Reaction score
There are a couple of things happening that might point to a Half-Life 2 gold status today, or at least very soon.

1. The Half-Life 2 advertisement : IT'S DONE (here)
Notice the "ON SALE SEPT 22".

2. The Steam content servers bandwidth has increased from 4000 to 8000 Mbps today (here)

3. Planethalflife : "The countdown is on!" which was quickly removed and replaced by "Nothing to see here, Citizens. Move along, move along." (here)

4. It's September! Gabe Newell told us about the possibility that Half-Life 2 was going gold at the end of August (or at least a RC).

5. ECTS?

6. (The Half-Life 2 preload)

The magazine saying 'its done' has confirmed that they will not be reviewing HL2 this coming issue.

First post since the spoiler attack (still opening posts with closed eyes), but i came back just to say that gold speculations are useless.

No. We are getting the same type of signs that we got with Doom 3 (before it went gold). Give it 2 more weeks so it can go critical.

It will go gold when it goes gold.
Not that it matters, but where is that ad from?

GPRT said:
The magazine saying 'its done' has confirmed that they will not be reviewing HL2 this coming issue.
And when is that issue out?

it seems to be quite likely that something's going to happen very soon... we'll just have to wait. im convinced that hl2 will be definitely coming out this or next month.

errrr... the game will go gold when its finished. end of story

it's all an indication that HL2 is def. canceld

we knew it all along....time to start waiting for DNF

tEd said:

:eek: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! you filthy lier :rolleyes:

tEd said:

Careful man, you're going to make some of these kids cry.

kiwii said:
errrr... the game will go gold when its finished. end of story

what about the middle of the story? you know that small bit called 'when'... :p

Varsity said:
All dates not from Valve are lies.
And dates from Valve are not to be trusted. Either way, we lose.

(Obvious joke, I know, but somebody had to say it.)

If we can't trust dates from Valve, and we can't trust ourselves, who the hell can we trust???

poseyjmac said:
you care enough to post in a hl2 forum
yep, because i want to be informed. well, i do still care in a certain way. but i really dont care about when its going gold or when its going to be finished... because it will be released 'when its done'

meh.

Bait said:
If we can't trust dates from Valve, and we can't trust ourselves, who the hell can we trust???
The magical 8 ball?

himself said:
yep, because i want to be informed. well, i do still care in a certain way. but i really dont care about when its going gold or when its going to be finished... because it will be released 'when its done'

meh.

right. so you want to stay informed without caring for the release date. sounds like a plan!

DelaZ said:
There are a couple of things happening that might point to a Half-Life 2 gold status today, or at least very soon.

1. The Half-Life 2 advertisement : IT'S DONE (here)
Notice the "ON SALE SEPT 22".

2. The Steam content servers bandwidth has increased from 4000 to 8000 Mbps today (here)

3. Planethalflife : "The countdown is on!" which was quickly removed and replaced by "Nothing to see here, Citizens. Move along, move along." (here)

4. It's September! Gabe Newell told us about the possibility that Half-Life 2 was going gold at the end of August (or at least a RC).

5. ECTS?

6. (The Half-Life 2 preload)

its coming ....

its going gold in 48 hours :thumbs:

MetalliMyers said:
They doubled their bandwidth because CS: Source was updated today...
yeah sure..and why didn't they double their bandwith for previous cs:s updates ???

I think you are all over-reacting because you want HL2 soooo bad. They just released a fair sized update for CS:S. I am guessing that HL2 will not go Gold until CS:S Beta is over. CS:S Beta is really a Beta test for the Source engine and multiplayer.

I shay it's shmelting as vee shpeak. It's GOOOOoooooold.

Irs2k3 said:
its coming ....

its going gold in 48 hours :thumbs:

i loathe stupid replys like that, they are either written by hopelessly optimistic people or those that are trying to make out that they know something that nobody else does. you dont know shit so quit trying to boost your reputation or ego by acting like you do

bodhi said:
i loathe stupid replys like that, they are either written by hopelessly optimistic people or those that are trying to make out that they know something the nobody else does. you dont know shit so quit trying to boost your reputation or ego by acting like you do
better than your pessimistic posts that ruin my day

...geeze guys don't cry over somthing that prolly isn't real. Let alone argue over the internet. That's not the spirit of the tenacious internet man.

If I could, I would bet $100 it is not going Gold until after CS:S Beta. So go buy CS:CZ if you can't wait until it is over.

segobi said:
better than your pessimistic posts that ruin my day

well you gota have something to live for - it would be wise though not to pin your hope on one random person's speculation

'pessimists cannot be disappointed':

hl2 will never be released

:naughty:

himself said:
'pessimists cannot be disappointed':

hl2 will never be released

:naughty:

true, but pessimists are generally miserble gits. be optimistic, but dont get carried away or believe stuff you know deep down is just speculation without substance.

bodhi said:
i loathe stupid replys like that, they are either written by hopelessly optimistic people or those that are trying to make out that they know something that nobody else does. you dont know shit so quit trying to boost your reputation or ego by acting like you do

well I said it once and I will say it twice.

HL2 is going gold in the next 48 hours. :thumbs:

btw, your MAMA is calling you :cat:

Back