Half Life 2 Gold Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi, I was just over at the Planet Doom website and they have a neat thread.
Basicly the administrator set up a thread that is closed and has only one post. It will be opened once Doom 3 goes gold and then anybody can post their hurays.

It would be neat if something like that could be done for HL2 on this thread.

Peace.

The minute HL2 goes gold there will be 20 threads being created every time you refresh the page, we dont need to have a pinned closed thread concering something that is not going to happen any time soon.

It's extremely exhilarating to post in a thread that will locked.

BTW

Unfortunately no it wouldn't because HL2 gold status is no where in site. That planetdoom thread was created when several retailers mysteriously changed their dates to August 3rd. Plus people think the planetdoom guy was contacted by iD to get ready.... it was all part of a viral marketing campaign.

acme420 said:
w00t im in a locked thread !!

Cant wait to see what the mods change your post too.

-------------------------------------

But yeah realisticly HL2's Gold anouncement is over month away at the earliest, and christ knows the latest date...

would we realy need a unused and un needed sticky taking up space for Months?

I think hes saying it wont matter, since people wont use the designated thread, and just post their own topics.

I think it is a good idea.

A locked sticky thread that is unlocked the moment HL2 goes gold for peoples frantic, foam-flecked ravings and the ensuing arguments about the length of time it takes to go from gold to hitting the shelves.

Also make the creation of new 'OMG ITS GOLDZOR!!!oneone' threads punishable by instant banning.

IMHO of course.

Yeah, I know about the title, couldn't help myself, plus it delivers what the title says :)

once half lfie 2 goes gold i will post a thred on how exited i am and sure i know ill get flames if im not the first one to post it but i don't care half life 2 is gold. =D

I think it was a superb idea, Lock it / sticky it and when it goes gold we all post our messages of celebration!

This is a good idea, maybe it will decrease the 100 or so "OMG HL2 GOLD" threads we're destined to see to about 80 or 90.

my friend chris_d is soon lockin this thread so lets party as long as we can

lazicsavo said:
Hi, I was just over at the Planet Doom website and they have a neat thread.
Basicly the administrator set up a thread that is closed and has only one post. It will be opened once Doom 3 goes gold and then anybody can post their hurays.

Peace.

i like this idea.. yeah.. keep the thread locked til the game has actually gone gold.. until then.. just have a message at the bottom asking posters not to create new gold threads.. and yeah of course.. sticky-ing the thread would be a good idea too :)

edit: i think one of the mods should create an entirely new thread and lock it.. don't want this stuff at the start of a HL2 gold thread.. :p

sHm0zY said:
once half lfie 2 goes gold i will post a thred on how exited i am and sure i know ill get flames if im not the first one to post it but i don't care half life 2 is gold. =D

YAY! Found another person that contributes to the spam of this forum :rolleyes:

DiSTuRbEd said:
YAY! Found another person that contributes to the spam of this forum :rolleyes:

We already knew that Shmozy was a walking bag of spam.. and even worse, he's Canadian :p

Six Three said:
:LOL: Good stuff.

Although I'm confused, you aren't suggesting I spam aslo, are you :( ?

I wouldn't want to be on any of the HL2.net staff's spam lists :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back