half life 2 in europe on 1 DVD standard edition

Wel, that sucks cause I don't have an DVD-Rom :(

If Australian stores stock games in DVD I will upgrade immediately. Until then, i'll wait even though I should get one.

I'd like to confirm that this news only applies to the UK. I cannot guarantee that other countries within Europe will not be receiving CD-ROM versions.

DVD's for teh win!

This is one thing where ppl have no excuse to upgrade. I mean drives are CHEAP (you can even get a combo for less than the average price of a game).
I don't understand how so many ppl think its ok for Valve to make an internet connection a requirement just to play, but are too lazy to upgrade the cheapest part of their pc. Talk about hypocrisy!
A nice sturdy plastic DVD case with one disk > stupid space-wasting flimsy cardboard. And most DVD games do come with a manual inside the front cover of the case.

well, this is going to be my first dvd piece of equipment in my house

Zerimski said:
I'd like to confirm that this news only applies to the UK. I cannot guarantee that other countries within Europe will not be receiving CD-ROM versions.

Doesn't matter for me, I'll have to order from GB anyway; games are overpriced here 60€ in the shops, compared to 44€ (posting&shipping included) from the UK :)

Damn that's cool... Going for a steam version though.

Ok, for those cavepeople that dont have DVD's in their comps, question:

How do you watch DVD's on your PC? before you say "i watch them on my standalone in the living room" what about special features and stuff and disks on the front of PC magazines that have all the extra content and movies etc.

AJ Rimmer said:
WOHOO!!! :cheers:

Zerimski said:

Soz :p I'm still pretty certain that they don't deal with UK on its own. Like games have a release date for asian area's...USA and EU so i guess publisher's probably work the same way even though its unconfirmed.

FthrJACK said:
Ok, for those cavepeople that dont have DVD's in their comps, question:

How do you watch DVD's on your PC? before you say "i watch them on my standalone in the living room" what about special features and stuff and disks on the front of PC magazines that have all the extra content and movies etc.

They probably download DVD's and just watch them, cheap bastards. :p

Hope that they will relase HL2 on 6 cd's and also on DVD here in Finland... The best solution.

Alig said:
Soz :p I'm still pretty certain that they don't deal with UK on its own. Like games have a release date for asian area's...USA and EU so i guess publisher's probably work the same way even though its unconfirmed.

Not quite, the UK edition of Far Cry was DVD only, whereas the rest of Europe had CDs.

Doesn't matter if it's UK only or not. It's cheaper to order from the UK than buying it here in Portugal. And since inside the EC there are no customs, I don't have to pay extra taxes to get it :naughty:

Back