Half Life 2 is out! Go to your nearest store tomorrow!

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
I'm pretty sure I once saw Doom or Duken Nuken on floppy's

By any chance are you my mate's dad? Haha

Doom1, DrinkBeer, 3DVF1 I had them all on floppies, back in the old days.

god, it would be so FREAKING anoying to install that!! but at least it would be cheaper,... or not??

I've still got Elite for the BBC Micro on floppy. that game was about 15 years ahead of its time (the disk version had more advanced graphics and more missions most BBCs only had cassettes.

Even now I still have'nt playhed a play sim that comes close. Freelancer is probably the best space sim but I (sadly) still think Elite is better. Okay - flames calling me an Old fart are expected :cheese:
Got aload of for the PC on stiffies, X Wing,Xcom TFTD, Monkey Island I & II, Civilization etc

Wing commander II was the worst though came on about 8 Stiffies. Took about 2 hours to install.

Shade

Originally posted by Shade70uk
I've still got Elite for the BBC Micro on floppy. that game was about 15 years ahead of its time (the disk version had more advanced graphics and more missions most BBCs only had cassettes.

Even now I still have'nt playhed a play sim that comes close. Freelancer is probably the best space sim but I (sadly) still think Elite is better. Okay - flames calling me an Old fart are expected :cheese:
Got aload of for the PC on stiffies, X Wing,Xcom TFTD, Monkey Island I & II, Civilization etc

Wing commander II was the worst though came on about 8 Stiffies. Took about 2 hours to install.

Shade

you sir, are an old fart
I however linger with ye.
I owned and loved all those games when they came out.

man Elite was great... I forgot about that one.

Yep Elite was THE game that started me off on my love of gaming. It was way ahead of its time, was one of the first games to have AI in it, even though it was'nt really noticeable.

The AI actually docked the ship into a space station like a player had to when you activated the docking computer on your ship. Used to be hilarious when the AI screwed it up and flew into the back of the space station.

Ahhh memories!!

Shade

has anyone played Willy Beamish?!

oh that brings me back

ha ha ha ok this post WAS funny for 5 secs

why the hell is it now 7 pages and always near the top

its reasons like this that i hardly ever post anymore

Main reason is there aint alot to discuss. Valve have gone deadly silent and every possible topic regarding HL2 has been discussed to death about 20 times. I guess it just a way of passing the time and keep an eye out for anything new about half life 2.

It aint hurting noone.

Shade

Main reason.. is its funny, I own you... and uhmm I OwnZor Ju.

Damn I'm evily good.

Back