Half-Life 2: Lost Coast Update Released

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
A small update has been released for The Lost Coast and the Source Engine.
  • Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
  • Fixed a problem with commentary and the save/restore problem. A symptom of this problem would be combine soldiers standing with their arms outstretched

• Source Engine
  • Fixed a rare crash in the physics system
  • Fixed command line error when trying to run maps that contain the characters '-' or '+'
What? You're still here? Restart Steam to get the update!

I just updated and now I can't connect to a single CS:S or Dystopia game!!! :(

THis is the error I get: ERROR: Cannot validate Steam UserID Ticket!!!!! I'm so confused.

Attachments

• ERROR.JPG
    ERROR.JPG
    7.1 KB · Views: 336
:D whoohoo ! updates that solve problems and create others ..

-dodo

Woopty doo... when they gonna add DOD:S properties to the SDK!! Hehe sorry, just had to throw that in...

Roland Deschain said:
I just updated and now I can't connect to a single CS:S or Dystopia game!!! :(

THis is the error I get: ERROR: Cannot validate Steam UserID Ticket!!!!! I'm so confused.
Restart your computer.

Beerdude26 said:
Restart your computer.

My first response, did it twice did not help at all. Why does STEAM hate me.

UPDATE: Just browsed the STEAM forum and a lot of people are getting the same error message (see my first post) so its Valve's fault and not mine. An update for two games I really don't care that much about ruined the ones I do, what irony.

Roland Deschain said:
My first response, did it twice did not help at all. Why does STEAM hate me.

UPDATE: Just browsed the STEAM forum and a lot of people are getting the same error message (see my first post) so its Valve's fault and not mine. An update for two games I really don't care that much about ruined the ones I do, what irony.
Godammit. I get it, too, when trying to play HL2: DM. WTF is going on?! ;'[

Haven't yet tried to see if it has affected other games as well.

Edit: TLC is not affected.

Edit2: Everything's fine now. Seemed to have fixed itself.

rofl wow...

now my half-life2 , hl2dm, CS:S, Dod:S, and hl2:lc just disappeared from "mygames". AWESOME!

aeroripper said:
rofl wow...

now my half-life2 , hl2dm, CS:S, Dod:S, and hl2:lc just disappeared from "mygames". AWESOME!
Just install them again. (Double-click on them) Steam will notice you have all the files and will let you through immediatly.

Fixed a rare crash in the physics system

Rare my ASS!! I couldn't play CS:S for more than half an hour on average, and Lost Coast worked on my third playthrough!

YAY VALVE FOR FIXING IT!

My problem wasnt fixed. It worked the first time and then I played it a second with commentaries. With each consecutive commentry the game got slower and slower until I reached the church and it crashed. Ever since the game either wont load or loads and freezes after 3 seconds of play (literally 3 or less).

I even reinstalled it. BAH. Ill try turning my settings down later but that shouldnt be it, as I said it worked fine the first run through.

I haven't even got the update and I'm stuffed.

I can't log on! It says I have the wrong password, but I am 110% sure that it is right as I was on it yesterday. And no caps lock isn't on.

Thank You Valve, is a functional update too much to ask for?

If you forget your password, send off a support ticket with some information to help prove ownership of your account. They'll respond within a day or so.

Blakeb155 said:

I can't log on! It says I have the wrong password, but I am 110% sure that it is right as I was on it yesterday. And no caps lock isn't on.

Sorry Valve can't patch user stupidity.

Blakeb155 said:

If you haven't got the update then how has it got anything to do with the problem?!

Sorry to waste your precious time, problem has been solved. :)

Lost Coast still crashes for me, like it did before this patch... oh well, I guess that means no completing Lost Coast for me. DELETED!

Haven't fixed the god mode bug though. It's an odd one: the Combine can't hurt you, but falling and leeches in the water can. The sk_ values are normal, before anyone asks.

jsnake said:
Absolutly no problems here.

system specs,

resolution, settings, everything

i dont believe you.

2 cents: i think all the crashing is due to the HDR.

Varsity said:
Haven't fixed the god mode bug though. It's an odd one: the Combine can't hurt you, but falling and leeches in the water can. The sk_ values are normal, before anyone asks.
That happens when commentary is on.

gegam said:
system specs,

resolution, settings, everything

i dont believe you.

2 cents: i think all the crashing is due to the HDR.

AMD Athlon XP 3200+

eVGA GeForce 6600GT OC'ed @ 590/1180

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard

1024MB DDR 400 DualChannel RAM

Max Settings with 1280X1024 0AA/0AF. Runs like a charm.

jsnake said:
AMD Athlon XP 3200+

eVGA GeForce 6600GT OC'ed @ 590/1180

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard

1024MB DDR 400 DualChannel RAM

Max Settings with 1280X1024 0AA/0AF. Runs like a charm.
:sleep:

[w0f]Oblivion said:
Good to hear they are still workin on teh small bugs :D
Good to hear they are working on bugs. I wish I could go back to the days when CS Source and HL2 were going to release.

:cheers:

Homie said:
Good to hear they are working on bugs. I wish I could go back to the days when CS Source and HL2 were going to release.

:cheers:
You have two options:

1: Uninstall and pretend its not released

2: Just wait for HL³ instead (does not exclude option 1)
:D

Back